Racing tips....

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Hazey1977, May 5, 2012.

1. stowie

stowie Moderator

Great thread, will have to keep track of it from now on. Thanks BF and others for the helpful advice and tips.

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Stowie - it doesn't stop just with the thread - I am getting some info together to set up a TS Punters Club if you're interested

3. stowie

stowie Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Bearfly on August 11, 2012, 19:17
    Stowie - it doesn't stop just with the thread - I am getting some info together to set up a TS Punters Club if you're interested</blockquote>

Yeah sign me up (as long as we ain't shelling out too much ;) )

4. Bearfly

Am hopeful we can get the numbers involved so we can keep the costs down to &#36;20 each a month!!!

Am also going to have a chat with Walesy when I catch up with him during my next trip to Melbourne to see if we can get a dedicated section of the forum for the Punters Club, Racing Tips & Fantasy Racing Comps!!!

Stay tuned :D

5. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Count me in Bear...&#36;20 pm no probs, and would be very keen to follow these selctions thru spring carnival.

I've never bet on line b4 and may open an account. I'm not keen on having multiple accounts so any advice as to which betting site is best?

6. Bearfly

Onion - I'll do a bit of comparison research for you during the week - each site has their pros and cons so I'll sort out the best deal (have actually got access to a couple of pretty reputable blogs who have done a fair bit of research on the various betting agencies)

7. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Thanks for the tips bear, turned a profit saturday with thanks to Neil evans @ flemington, Parthian into dayita double a highlight. I finally convinced myself to go 1x3 each way, instead of 1x2 and that probably helped by turning a few losses into moderate gains. Anyway thought I'd mention a cup smokey I've been following for the last year or so, excluded. Ran a cracking 2nd in the lavazza at flemington on cup day last year, so will run distance, had one run in autumn as lloyd (Williams) does with his spring campaigners and returned with a nice fast closing effort yesterday. Looked stronger than last year... 100/1-126/1 currently for the cup ...... Think ill give him one more run before i commit but anyway just wanted to mention it so I can do the I told you so bit if the impossible happened :)

Thanks again bear would never have thought to use twitter to find to the minute punting info! Look forward to your future posts!

8. Bearfly

@Swans2012

It's amazing what info you can get off the ole Twitterverse, the secret with some of the tipsters on there is to follow them for a couple of weeks at least before committing any of your hard earned on their tips to see how they perform.
    And beware with some, there is a tendency lately of new tipsters coming on to Twitter as free tipsters then all of a sudden they start charging - not good form.

However, Neil Evans & 1Selection2Win are 2 reliable sources I have found that are completely free and will remain that way. I found it interesting last week to discover that the person behind the 1Selection2Win feed is in fact an astute form student from Port Augusta SA who I have actually met before at the races up there & in Lincoln - small world indeed!!!

9. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Gotta say i Like the look of both the sandown and Canterbury meetings today!

10. Bearfly

A few tips for today folks.
    As Swans2012 said, the Sandown & Canterbury meetings look alright today - and don't ignore the Belmont meeting over in WA - have got the winnersofoz.com.au ratings for that meeting and looks like a few quid could be made there!!!

Following are The SharpShooter Selections for Wednesday, August 15, 2012.
    Base Bets
    CANTERBURY Race 4: #3 TURNLEY

1Selection2Win
    BEST BET Sandown R7-14 Callanish @4.40pm # Won Track 2/2 # Wet Form Heavy 1/1 Slow 1/1 # Strike-rate 100&#37; # GET ON
    TRIAL WATCH Canterbury R3-2 Glencadam Gold @2.28pm # Trialling Well For 1st Up Win # Stable Jock On # Distance Suits # Watch Market Moves

Neil Evans
    My Best Value Bets @ Cant (Syd) 2day:
    R1 3.Clever Boy***;
    R2 3.Arinosa**;
    R6 12. Sorrellina****;
    R7 9. Braggart**
    #bestbets!
    My Best Value Bets @Sandown (Melb) 2day:
    R5 5. Imoto***;
    R6 7 Faith Firebird
    #oddsallday! #fixed

and a few tips from www.freetips.com.au
    Canterbury Race 1 Horse 2 De La Dilo
    (David Payne) 3g By Encosta De Lago – Kaimana (2:1-0-1):
    Back for second campaign. Initial outing jumped away awkwardly and had a checkered run but still managed lg nk win (57.0) Undoubted Glory, Our King’s Fortune 1600m Gosford (Metro) 2yo Hcp slow trk May 30 then straight to Saturday level and acquitted self very well when lg nk, 1-1/4 len 3rd (58.0) Eight Straight, Nikody 1500m R’hill 2yo Hcp heavy trk June 16. Since finished 5th Mulga Bill 900m R’hill barrier trial slow trk July 17. Promising 3yo who has shown a fine turn of foot in both appearances. Serious claims in a race where tactics will play a major role.

Canterbury Race 5 Horse 1 At All Costs
    (K A Lees) 4g By Al Maher – Dubai Ruby (10:3-3-1):
    Ran 2-3/4 len 2nd (57.0) Mashkoor 1580m C’bury (Bm70) heavy trk July 25.Withstood protest to record 1/2 hd win (56.0) Devon, Kilauea 1600m Kembla Grange (Metro) Rst0 dead trk July 31. Racing in fine fettle. Can repeat.

Canterbury Race 6 Horse 12 Sorellina
    (J A O’Shea) 4m By Elvstroem – Bletchwyn (1:1-0-0):
    Fav when led at debut and found plenty for 2-1/4 len win (55.5) Pinwin, Handel With Care 1100m Gosford F&M Mdn Plate Dec 31 then spelled. Prepared for return with 3-1/4 len win Drinks All Round, Pane In The Glass 819m R’wick barrier trial slow trk July 30. Back in harder race but looks a smart one. Respect.

11. Bearfly

My apologies for not posting this earlier, however here are the results for last Saturday's tips!!!

The V Phenomenon selections for Saturday, August 11, 2012
    WARWICK FARM Race 2 - #1 Kelinni.........WON
    WARWICK FARM Race 4 - #2 Embark..........3rd
    WARWICK FARM Race 5 - #9 Kuhreihen.......unplaced
    FLEMINGTON Race 2 - #1 Storm Burst.......WON
    FLEMINGTON Race 3 - #7 Halo Miss Maher...unplaced

The SharpShooter Selections for Saturday, August 11, 2012
    Base Bets
    WARWICK FARM Race 3 - #2 She's A Fox.....WON
    FLEMINGTON Race 1 - #1 Mulaazem..........2nd
    Special
    WARWICK FARM Race 3 - #2 She's A Fox.....WON

Favourites Discovery for Saturday, August 11, 2012
    Contenders (Favourite last and 2nd last starts)- Q next to contenders = Saturday market favourite becoming a Qualifying selection - NQ = Non-Qualifying contender
    Warwick Farm Race 3 - #2 She's A Fox.......Q...WON
    Warwick Farm Race 7 - #8 Take The Oath.....NQ..unplaced
    Warwick Farm Race 8 - #14 Liechtenstein....NQ..unplaced
    Flemington Race 2 - #1 Storm Burst.........Q...WON
    Flemington Race 5 - #4 Folding Gear........NQ..unplaced
    Flemington Race 5 - #16 Excluded...........NQ..unplaced
    Flemington Race 6 - #6 Zamorar.............Q...3rd
    Flemington Race 7 - #7 Darlimurla Star.....NQ..unplaced
    Flemington Race 7 - #8 Dayita..............Q...WON
    Flemington Race 7 - #9 Shiny Buttons.......NQ..2nd
    Flemington Race 8 - #5 Noble Park..........Q...unplaced
    Flemington Race 8 - #10 Italian Machine....Scratched

The Good Oil for today is from Experience Plus:
    Flemington Race 5 No.2 Parthian....................WON
    Flemington Race 6 No.4 Golden Archer...............2nd
    Flemington Race 7 No.9 Shiny Buttons...............2nd
    Warwick Farm Race 2 No.3 Peck......................2nd
    Eagle Farm Race 8 No.7 Horoscopes (each-way).......unplaced

Experience Plus' Flemington Quaddie:
    2,6,10,16 / 4,9,10,7 / 9,8,4,5 / 7,9,3,5...........knocked out in last leg - first 3 leg winners were 2/9/8
    Cost is &#36;256 for 100&#37; Dividend or &#36;50 gets you 19.53&#37;

And from the Twitter feed of @1Selection2Win
    BEST BET
    Flemington R6-4 Golden Archer............2nd
    NEXT BEST
    Warwick Farm R6-1 Pinwheel...............WON
    Extra Saturday Mail
    Warwick Farm R5-1 Julienas...............3rd
    Flemington R7-7 Darlimurla Star..........unplaced

And finally from the Twitter feed of Neil Evans
    My Best Value Bets @ Warwick Farm (Syd)
    R 5 #2 Thumbtacks...........2nd
    R 6 #1 Pinwheel.............WON
    R 8 #2 Girls Go Racing......unplaced
    My Best Value Bets @ Flemington (Vic)
    R 5 #2 Parthian.............WON
    R 6 #6 Zamorar..............3rd
    R 7 #8 Dayita...............WON
    My Best Value Bets @ Eagle Farm (Bris)
    R 3 #7 Double Image.........unplaced
    R 7 #7 Snip 'N' Duck........unplaced

So as you can see, there was a few quid to be made just from this lot of tips.
    With the Favourites Discovery selections, I will do my best to post the final qualifiers, however if I can't post them on Saturday mornings just use the market on Saturday to find who is favourite for the race, if any of the contenders are favourite then they qualify as selections.

Hope everyone came out on top for the day!!!

Cheers
    Bear :)

12. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Guys ... a plug for this thread and a thank you to Bear.

I don't normally start punting until Sep; and usually by Oaks Day I'm done. But Bear piqued my curiosity earlier than usual and today I had my first bets of the year.

Having read the tips posted earlier in the day, I zeroed in on the words 'GET ON', and then another tip with four asterisks which I took to mean either the same thing or a secret hidden swear word.

Here I am two hours later pouring gold coin after gold coin hand through my hands following the easy wins of Sorrellina and Callanish.

Tonight I shall have a beer and tilt the glass slightly toward Port Lincoln. Goodonya Bear.

13. Bearfly

TheOnion - make sure when you tip the glass towards Lincoln you aim slightly North of West from Adelaide :mrgreen:

Am stoked you made a few quid mate - actually scored good doubles with Sorrellina/Callanish, Glencadam Gold/Sorrellina & Glencadam Gold/Callanish, &#36;10 win on each double plus &#36;30 place on each double - on top of that was the &#36;5 win and &#36;20 place trebles with those 3!!!

Always zero in on the 4 star tips given by Neil Evans, he very rarely misses them!!!

I just have to be very wary coz I have heard from a mate on Twitter that Centrebet & Sportingbet Australia ban punters who continually win - Scum dogs they are!!!

As for today's racing, jot down Glencadam Gold's name in your Blackbook in bold letters, top first up run by the imported stayer and Gai now has a Cups path she is eyeing off!!!

14. DC

DC Member

Absolutely shattered Atlantic Jewel is out of the spring... on top of Lucas Cranach as well!

15. DC

DC Member

*double post*

16. Bearfly

Agree DC - the Spring stars we were all banking on making us a stack seem to be falling by the wayside, however watch out in the Cups for a Pommy horse called Gatewood if they bring it over - definitely the type that can give the Cups a good shake!!!

17. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

@ bearfly Hadn't heard of the spotiningbet and centre bet banning winners, although the run I've had the last six months I wouldnt have ;)
    Great day yesterday, did have that feel about it when looking at the fields, fairly even with a couple of obvious standouts, as well as the winning tips mentioned above gave barbies bombshell a little tickle. I also follow the Kris lees stable, particularly when he sneaks one north to brissy so got a good return out of motspur running second @ &#36;6 a place, thought I was hallucinating when I saw the price! Anyway thanks again for the work on this thread, love to chat with like minded individuals and the tips provided are proving very profitable indeed!

18. Bearfly

Ok folks, this weeks tips are up hot off the email!!!

Following are the selections for the V Phenomenon for Saturday, August 18, 2012.

Caulfield 2 #4 Total Attraction
    Doomben 1 #4 Fantisha
    Doomben 3 #1 Hidden Kisses
    Doomben 5 #1 Racing Heart
    Doomben 6 #12 Liesele

Following are The SharpShooter Selections for Saturday, August 18, 2012.

Base Bets
    Rosehill 1 #3 Stout Hearted
    Doomben 1 #2 Congo

Special

Favourites Discovery for Saturday, August 18, 2012

Contenders (Favourite last and 2nd last starts)
    These are the contenders - being Favourites at their last and 2nd last starts. If any of the following are favourites at this start - they qualify as a selection.

Rosehill 2 #2 Happy Hussy
    Rosehill 3 #1 All Too Hard
    Rosehill 4 #8 Mashkoor
    Rosehill 8 #11 General Sherman
    Rosehill 8 #12 PENTASIA
    Caulfield 4 #1 Samaready
    Caulfield 4 #6 Elite Elle
    Caulfield 4 #11 Ephemera
    Caulfield 6 #3 Luckygray
    Caulfield 7 #2 Hi Belle
    Caulfield 7 #14 Lady Melksham

More to follow tomorrow hopefully :)

19. weazel

weazel Member

hey lads lots of short priced favs today the standout for me are
    bris 4 /no 5 startsmeup
    rose 3 /no 1 all too hard
    rose 7 /no 4 said com
    caul 4 /no 1 samaready

there are a few others but will put them up in a bit agree or disagree?

20. Bearfly

Tips from the Twitter feed of ?@1Selection2Win

BEST BET Rosehill R2-1 Nocturnelle @1.25pm # Back 2 Fillies/Mares Class # Blinkers On # Ready To Win # Leading Apprentice Goes On # GET ON
    NEXT BEST Caulfield R8-5 Galileo Gold @4.40pm # Freshened Up # Won In The Wet (Slow) # Drops 2.5kg From Last Start # Distance Suits 1600m
    Saturday Extra Mail
    Caulfield R1-2 Yulalona @12.30pm
    Rosehill R3-3 Snitzerland @2pm
    Good Luck & Good Punting 1Selection2Win