Racing tips....

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Hazey1977, May 5, 2012.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Hey there Weazel, good to see you made it back in time to post some Wednesday tips :)

With luck Coup Acclaim might actually run this time instead of being scratched :lol:

Hopefully we have another profitable Wednesday mate!!!

2. weazel

weazel Member

yep hopefully coup runs i had a good sat too so spewing i didn't get them up only manighar missed the lot out of 8 runners. hope this lot doesn't lose me any cred ;)

3. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Like the look of your selections weasel, reckon balkuin looks good value, am a little cautious of admirals cup in coup acclaims race though. Good win last start and probably should have won start before as well. Guess we'll see tomorrow! Good luck all....

4. Bearfly

Today's selections from @1Selection2Win

MIDWEEK MAIL 26.9.12

CANTERBURY

Race 2 # 2 Five Rocks.............3rd - $1.70 S/Tab

# Just rundown by Hoybell in the shadows of the post last start, form has been franked since with Hoybell winning on Sunday.
    # Barrier 2 hopefully she jumps and takes a sit behind the early leaders Seductive Star & Spurs And Sashes. She will then get the gun run and not being overly taxed in the first half of the race she will be able to finish it off in the last furlong.
    # K.McEvoy sticks she does drop down in weight to (56kg) thats 1.5kg from her last start performance.
    # Ready to win.

TRIAL WATCH

CANTERBURY

Race 7 #10 Secluded.............Unplaced

# Placed in trial (2 Weeks ago) at Randwick, where she could have won the trial if they wanted her too as she was under a good hold and was coasting to the line under her own esteem.
    # Good early speed in the race with three leaders in the race, she should be able to jump and position herself 2 pairs back on the fence with the run of the race, when approaching home turn gets out and hit the line hard.
    # Watch for market moves on track as well.

TRIAL WATCH

CANTERBURY

Race 6 # 6 Knight Exemplar................2nd - $1.50 S/Tab

# Trialled well over the (1050m) to get him ready to break his maiden status.
    # Drops back from Saturday Grade race to a maiden midweek class.
    # Hugh Bowman in form and on board positive booking.
    # Barrier (3) gets a nice run in the race, he should get good cover in the race sitting behind the leaders and smoking the pipe until home turn then hopefully switch to the outside and finish over the top of them to claim the prize.
    # Stable likes a bet so watch for any market moves on track.

GOOD LUCK & GOOD PUNTING

5. Bearfly

Some tips from another Twitter tipster I have been keeping an eye on:

?@UsefulTipping

CANTERBURY
    Race 1 # 1 Daryl.................Unplaced
    Race 3 # 5 Coup Acclaim.............WON - $2.40 win/$1.70 place S/Tab
    Race 5 # 4 Magita.......................WON - $4.00 win/$1.50 place S/Tab
    Race 6 # 6 Knight Exemplar...........2nd - $1.50 S/Tab
    Race 7 # 6 Written Consent.............Unplaced

DOOMBEN
    Race 3 # 6 Defenceman............WON - $3.70 win/$1.60 place S/Tab
    Race 5 # 5 Tenacious Jack (Best Bet)...........2nd - $1.70 S/Tab
    Race 7 # 3 Balkuin.................WON - $5.20 win/$3.00 place S/Tab
    Race 8 # 8 Caribbea (Next Best)............3rd - $3.10 place

SALE
    Race 2 # 7 Purrbo Charged (Next Best).....Unplaced
    Race 4 # 7 Lakers Bay (Best Bet)............WON - $4.20 win/$1.70 place S/Tab
    Race 6 # 9 Tribal Rock...........WON - $2.10 win/$1.20 place S/Tab
    Race 8 #14 Bombsquad (each way)............3rd - $1.60 S/Tab

CANTERBURY Quaddie - Leg 1/ #2, #4, #9 Leg 2/ #1, #4, #6, #7 Leg 3/ #6 Leg 4/ #6, #10 $20 gets 83%............Unsuccessful...Leg 1 - 3rd/Leg 2 - winner, 2nd & 3rd/Leg 3 - 2nd/ Leg 4 - unplaced

DOOMBEN Quaddie - Leg 1/ # 5 Leg 2/ #1, #2, #7, #9, #12 Leg 3/ #2, #3 Leg 4/ #1, #7, #9, #11 $20 gets you 50%............Unsuccessful...Leg 1 - 2nd/Leg 2 - winner/Leg 3 - winner & 2nd/Leg 4 - 2nd

6. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Very nice day on the punt.
    weazel...good value as always mate...hope u cleaned up.
    1Selection's specials are incredibly consistent (even better than Sir Neil IMO)
    And Bear, I like the look of @UsefulTipping if you have the time to keep sharing that info <on top of the small mountain of data you already churn out for us>.
    Giddy up!

7. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Agree Onion. We have the best of both worlds with weazel and Bear. I still like Sir Neil's ***** selections. He very rarely misses with those but he wasn't available today so I just cross-checked the 3 tipsters and luckily came up with 2 winners out of 3. I just hope both Bear and weasel can afford the time to keep supplying us with all the info.Go..you good things..........

8. choppers

good stuff weazel with today's tips. 2 winners,1x2nd and 1x3rd from 4 selections........way to go.

9. weazel

weazel Member

yes very profitable day today glad everyone is making $$$ def have to keep an eye on usefultipping they smashed it today.

10. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Loved the 5.20 about balkuin! Certainly stands true to the old saying winning horses keep winning! Ripper brissy tips weazel

11. Bearfly

Some useful stats from today's tips using Useful Tipping's selections fellas:

Splitting his selections up state by state and combining them into a variety of all up bets for win and for place would've resulted in the following (using S/Tab divvies):

Canterbury: 5 selections for a total of 25 combinations (using a basic method of $1 units for win on every combination & $3 units for place on every combination).
    5 x 4 horse parlay's = no winning combinations for win or place - outlay $20 return $0
    10 x 3 horse parlay's = no winning combos for win, 1 winning combo for place - outlay $40 return $10.07
    10 x 2 horse parlay's = 1 winning combo for win, 3 winning combos for place - outlay $40 return $29.85

Doomben: 4 selections for a total of 10 combinations (same betting method as above).
    1 x 4 horse parlay = no winning combo for win, 1 winning combo for place - outlay $4 return $75.89
    3 x 3 horse parley's = no winning combos for win, 3 winning combos for place - outlay $12 return $101.90
    6 x 2 horse parley's = 1 winning combo for win, 6 winning combos for place - outlay $24 return $115.69

Sale: 4 selections for a total of 10 combinations (same betting method)
    1 x 4 horse parlay = no winning combo for win or place - outlay $4 return $0
    3 x 3 horse parlay's = no winning combos for win, 1 winning combo for place - outlay $12 return $9.79
    6 x 2 horse parlay's = 1 winning combo for win, 3 winning combos for place - outlay $24 return $28.86

With this example, a total outlay of $180.00 returns $372.05

An extra winner in all 3 states would see that return absolutely sky-rocket - even having the 3 unplaced runners getting a place would see the profits balloon a fair bit.

So you can see the power of all-up (parlay) betting right there fellas :D

12. weazel

weazel Member

yeah i locked it in at 5.50 fixed price couldn't believe it :)

13. weazel

weazel Member

i'm still getting my head around that stuff being fairly new to internet betting i have been doing it the long way lol

14. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Ridiculous odds based on form, hopefully same again when he steps up to saturday class in a couple of weeks!!!

15. weazel

weazel Member

hawkesbury

r5 #4 hourglass 2nd
    r6 #1 knowing me 4th
    r8 #8 bestow 1st /#6 agent 4th

lismore

r7 #1 southern shimmer 1st /#2 they won't last 2nd got quinella
    r8 #1 far dooley 3rd

rockhampton

r5 #13 townie 2nd
    r6 #1 hatzis 1st
    r7 #1 speeding dragon 1st

16. Bearfly

Ok, looks like our new tipster @UsefulTipping is taking a couple of days off to study the form for Saturday and hopefully provide us with some solid oil for the big races then.

In the meantime, after a day's absence, here's a few from Choppers favourite knight of the tipping realm, Sir Neil Evans :D

?@NeilEvansmail
    Best Value Bets

Seymour(VIC)
    Race 4 # 6 Playboy Frank***
    Race 7 # 7 Arrised**
    Race 8 # 9 That's The Way****
    #betvalue

17. Bearfly

Ok, a few out of my personal Blackbook today that I haven't had time to post in our Black Book thread.

Seymour Race 3 # 7 Slaying The Dragon (each way)
    Seymour Race 5 # 6 Hermes & # 2 Randall (both only just a length off winner in same event last start - a bit of value)
    Seymour Race 7 # 9 Exceed Us & # 6 Joph La Hae
    (Exceed Us is back to BM62 class which she scored a solid win in here 2 starts back before a 5.4 length 4th in BM72 class last start - Joph La Hae was a solid 2.8 length 2nd behind Lakers Bay at Sale last start and Lakers Bay franked the form with it's good win yesterday - both should be value E/W odds today)
    Hawkesbury Race 4 # 6 Bush Brandy (coming of a solid 2 length 3rd in BM65 class last start where he carried 54kg - down to BM60 class today and only up 1kg, with Nathan Berry booked for the ride - should go close at value each way odds)
    Lismore R 7 # 6 Castlemagne King (solid 2.4length 5th behind Attica Doomben BM90 2200m last start after being up on the pace throughout, before that was a fast finishing 1.3 length 2nd Lucky Luna Ballina 1610m Open Hcp after being well back throughout - capable of taking this out considering he's on the limit and is better at the weights compared to the #2 horse - should get a decent sit with Buffett the likely leader)

18. choppers

After that little effort today, Sir Neil may be relegated to "Lord"...............

19. weazel

weazel Member

yep that one and townie not winning killed half the punt club bets unfortunately

20. Bearfly

Well, from my Blackbookers I hope everyone had a nibble of the tasty odds of Bush Brandy :mrgreen:

As for the others:
    Slaying The Dragon - sacked from the black book!!!
    Hermes - ridden upside down so worth one more chance.
    Randall - handy 3rd and worth another look next time out if in similar class.
    Exceed Us - disappointing effort, sacked!!!
    Joph La Hae - 4th was a solid effort and will consistently provide a good run for your money - worth following a bit longer!!!
    Castlemagne King - was running on just to miss out on a place for 4th - a good win just around the corner in similar/slightly lower class!!!
    Bush Brandy - finished full of running to come over top of them and has the ability to go on with it