Racing tips....

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Hazey1977, May 5, 2012.

1. Hazey1977

Hazey1977 Member

12.35 Flemington R2 N2, Donna Cativa - Minimum price: $2.25, Bet: 2.22 units
    1.30 Flemington R3 N2, Hot Lover - Minimum price: $1.90, Bet: 2.63 units
    1.45 Flemington R4 N5, Noble Park - Minimum price: $3.50, Bet: 1.43 units
    2.21 Flemington R5 N6, Stratcombe - Minimum price: $3.20, Bet: 1.56 units
    3.05 Doomben R6 N6, Mental - Minimum price: $2.30, Bet: 2.17 units

2. Thanks guys, I could really use a couple of decent trifectas at the moment so these tips have been greatly appreciated!

3. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

I know it's da fav but one of the owners said it's as good a thing as it's ever looked and has loaded up.
    R4 N13 Noble Park it's now @ $3.50.

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Evening punters,

I know it wasn't the greatest of days on the punt last Saturday, but with the right staking plan I was able to turn a small profit from just the 2 winners amongst the V Phenomenon selections!!!

And for those that were on chat at the right time Sunday arvo we had a nice collect on a late mail tip I received that started at 5/2 but was as long as 15/2 an hour before the jump, so my weekend finished on a big high considering I grabbed those juicy odds early :)

On top of that, last night I managed to pull off a few nice parlays on a few hot tips running around in the UK - $50 turned into $700+ to give me a nice pleasant surprise when I logged in to my account over my morning cuppa :D

Anyway, on to this week.

Following are the selections for the V Phenomenon for Saturday, May 26, 2012.

Sydney Race 1 - TAB No. 3 (Malavio)
    Melbourne Race 7 - TAB No. 4 (Roses In The Glen)
    Brisbane Race 3 - TAB No. 10 (Hoss Amor)
    Brisbane Race 5 - TAB No. 2 (Brambles)

Any more tips will be posted here - or in chat over the weekend in the case of a late mail call.

Good luck on the punt.

5. Hazey1977

Hazey1977 Member

Boys I am heading off to the races in Brissie now. I will txt Bear the tips and hopefully he can get time to post them.

Good luck!

6. Good luck Hazey

7. Bearfly

Ok punters and bookie raiders, let us make a killing today whilst Hazey is up enjoying his raid on the bookies ring at Doomben.

Here are Hazey's tips:

Rosehill race 5 #2 Rain Drum - min price: $2.60 - Bet: 1.92 units (danger #4 Southern Shimmer);
    Caulfield race 6 #6 Lakers Bay - min price: $5.00 - Bet: 1.00 units (danger #1 Tai Tai Tess);
    Caulfield race 8 #6 Shenzhou Steeds - minimum price: $2.75 - Bet: 1.82 units (danger #7 Cosmic Causeway);

Looks like some pretty good chances amongst these and the the tips I posted last night - been through the form of all of them and they are all good strong chances so here's hoping we make up for a bit of a disappointing day last Saturday.

On top of my earlier picks, I have had word on 2 late mail selections to hop on:

Sydney race 2 #7 Destruction
    Sydney race 4 #4 Gai's Choice

Good Luck everyone :)

8. Thanks Bear, looking forward to a better one this weekend after I did pretty poorly last week.

Hoping an early one comes through to fund a few later bets!

9. Bearfly

Yeah, I know how ya feel BB - if it wasn't for last Sunday's late mail tip and my parlay's on the UK races Thursday night it would've been a pretty low week for me - thankfully those 2 events have boosted my bank enough to hit hard on today's 2 late mail picks, going a hungy on Destruction to hopefully kick things off big time :)

Good luck mate

10. Cheers mate, you too.

Missed the first with 1st 2nd and 4th.

11. Bearfly

Hope you got on to Destruction BB?
    Ended up going a hungy ew - nice collect :D

12. Yeah but only a tenner, still a nice help though thanks mate

13. DC

DC Member

Not a tip but I can't get over the thought over a possible match up between So You Think v Frankel in the Queen Ann Stakes!

Doesn't look like BC will be clashing with Frankel so if So You Think can do it for Australian racing it would be awesome!!

14. Bearfly

DC

There was never going to be a match up between BC & Frankel - put simply, BC excels over 1000m to 1200m, with proven ability to go over 1400m - but her ability to go as far is 1600m will always remain speculation as Moody is more intent on looking after her with the ultimate aim of ensuring she maintains her unbeaten status.

Frankel is a miler (1600) to mile & quarter (2000) - even many English commentators query his ability to go a mile & half (2400). His true test will come at Ascot & then the Arc in France if connections go there.

To be quite honest, I am totally sick to death of hearing all these Pommy commentators query BC's record simply because she "hasn't raced outside Oz"!!! Well my comeback to them is what makes UK racing more superior, our sprinters run faster times overall than UK counterparts, race in the main for greater prizemoney (this week alone I have noticed Listed class races with prizemoney for the winner of less than $10k FFS)!!!
    Are these Poms for real???? If they seriously thought that they had better sprinters there than BC, then why is it half the field in the Diamond Jubilee looks like it will be Aussie horses???

Why, if their sprinters are truly superior, don't they send them to Aus for the Patinak in the Spring Carnival seeing it is part of the World Series for Sprinters!!!

It appears they only really judge the Melbourne Cup & Caulfield Cup as the only races in Oz worth their effort, even though they are only glorified handicaps.

The Poms have really got my hackles up these past couple of weeks & I cannot wait to see them change their tune when all their horses see of BC is her rump as she tears away from them!!!

End Rant :D

15. weazel

weazel Member

hear hear bearfly nice rant can't wait for the cav to win by 4 lenths in 1st gear

16. Bearfly

Weazel, I can tell you now that BC will actually be required to move from 1st to 2nd gear in the Diamond Jubilee to work past Bated Breath, but once she passes she should be right because Bated Breath has compounded over the last furlong of a 1200m race when passed a few times.

Bated Breath was quite impressive the other evening winning over 1000m in a solid time of 56.9 sec, albeit on a hard, fast track which would've most likely seen BC crack 55.5!!!

17. Bearfly

It's that time of the week again folks :)

Here's hoping you all got in on the late mail selections I posted last week - made me a pretty penny :)

Following are the selections for the V Phenomenon for Saturday, June 2, 2012.

Melbourne Race 7 - TAB No. 1 (Flash Of Doubt)
    Brisbane Race 3 - TAB No. 1 (Sizzling)
    Brisbane Race 5 - TAB No. 1 (Wealth Princess)
    Brisbane Race 6 - TAB No. 2 (Mental)

Looking forward to Hazey's tips too.

Happy punting - will post late mail in here if/when they come through - and will also mention them in chat if they come in fairly close to race time, so stay tuned.

18. weazel

weazel Member

cheers for the tips bear i have had a look at the bris races and also came up with the 3 you have mentioned along with lovingthelimelight in race 1.

19. Bearfly

Hazey's tips hot of the text

Warwick Farm - R 1 #5 Diamond Earth ($3.25) 1.54 units - (danger #6 Nechita)
    Warwick Farm - R 2 #1 Betrayal ($1.75) 2.86 units - (danger #3 Eight Straight)
    Warwick Farm - R 3 #1 Savannah Dancer ($4.80) 1.04 units - (danger #5 Lucymaylyn)
    Eagle Farm - R 4 #8 Lights Of Heaven ($1.90) 2.63 units - (danger #9 Fibrillation)
    Sandown - R 5 #6 Loot 'N Run ($5.00) 1.00 units - (danger #1 The New Boy)

20. Thanks guys. Restricted myself to $20 for this weekend so hopefully Savannah Dancer gets up!