Racing tips....

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Hazey1977, May 5, 2012.

1. J_C

J_C Guest

@choppers - yep agree with that mate. Zydeco probably the other heavily fancied horse to get up. But yeah, happy how my day ended up. Salvaged some bank to have a crack at the Cup too! :D

But I always enjoy Derby Day regardless!

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Surely you didn't have that bad a day fellas!!!
    Zydeco, Nechita (+trifecta x 25%), Alcopop, Myer Classic exacta x 50%, Yellowglen exacta & Fawkner + stand out trifecta were the scores @ Flemington
    Bound To Blush, Welkom Gold, Under The Sun + stand out trifecta & Classics @ Rosehill
    Billy Aucash + trifecta, Twin Zero + exacta, Dreamnignite + trifecta, Audacious Spirit + stand out trifecta @ Eagle Farm
    Hidden Value + stand out trifecta twice, Nullarbor Nymph, Melba + exacta & Almighty Bullett + stand out exacta @ Morphettville

18 races out of 24 with collects

Plenty of stakemoney in the accounts waiting for Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday :mrgreen:

3. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Great job, Bear and thoroughly deserved for all the effort you put into it. And so you should reap your rewards.
    Alas, I don't have the experience that you have so I mainly have a flutter on the tips that are given by Sharpshooter, V Phenomenon, Sir Neil etc, that yourself, weazel and others are good enough to upload on this forum for us in-experienced punters. Unfortunately today, their 12 tips combined, only produced 2 winners and no placings. But as you know, I really like Sir Neil's tips and his **** special today was Fawkner so I was able to come out in front thankfully, albeit only a small amount. But little fish are sweet and I'll take that and wait patiently for the next pieces of valued information.
    Great job also with the Punt Club. I know it must be very time consuming, but it is very much appreciated by all members, I'm sure.

4. Bearfly

Cheers for the kind words Choppers :)

I must admit, I turned over approx $2.5 - $3k worth of bets today to make such a good profit - I always target Derby Day every year as one of my biggest money making days simply because of the fact it is the biggest punting day of the year.
    Many punters dread Derby Day, but I relish it because every race on the card is Black Type, and full of quality horses where form can be lined up easier.
    It did help having a few good solid all-up doubles and treble salute early on - Zydeco & Nechita @ Flemington & Bound To Blush in Sydney.
    And to finish the day with a few trifectas and exactas each paying in the $100+ - $400 range certainly helped!!!

Now on to Tuesday where I will probably only punt on half a dozen races plus the Cup before aiming for a couple of other favourite punting days of mine, Oaks day and Stakes day (usually do very well on both those days)!!! Will be aiming for the Cup trifecta this year after going so damn close last year getting 6 of the first 7 without actually snaring all 3 placings (didn't have Red Cadeaux for 2nd!!!) - only need to reduce the field down to about 12-14 place chances with no more than 5 winning chances!!!

5. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

It's going to be a tuff day on the punt.

With Oliver's news coming out this morning, there could be some value added to American.

But will he have his mind on the job, I hope not!

Happy punting all and good luck with your trifectas.

6. Bearfly

Could be even worse day if the weather experienced by SA yesterday/last night hits Melbourne before the race - severe thunderstorms, lightning galore and at least 25-30 mills rain would cause absolute mayhem at Flemington!!!
    If any of this does hit Melbourne (and Flemington) there could be a distinct possibility of the races being called off - it was that bad here!!!!!!!!!

7. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

thanks for the update Bearfly, I have taken a look at the BOM radar and there are some storm cells around but not weather fronts yet. Keep an eye out, and if it looks like a mud lark day then are there any horses that could come into contention. Maybe a look at the fixed odds.

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers

8. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Stuff all rain for melbourne according to my favorite weather site www.yr.no

9. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Thanks Onion..

Are there any tips coming in today, just to confuse me even further!

Currently I have the following penciled down:

Melbourne:

R1 -
    R2 - 7,8,2,6
    R3 - 1,5,6,11,14
    R4 - 6,9,3,16
    R5 - 6,3
    R6 - 8,3,12,5
    R7 - 4,2,16,17 (1,8,12,14)
    R8 - 12,3,2
    R9 - 23,6,8
    R10 - 6,7,16,12

I will be keen to see whether the early winners are from the leaders or swoopers.. this could sway my picks.

Cheers

10. Just pissed down for a minute there at Flemington

11. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

@DD Doc Turf tips??

12. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Anyone get close to the tri/f4? I has 1st, 3rd, 5th & 6th.

13. I managed to hit the tri, but it was for my saver bet so I boxed 14 horses for a 1% pay-out. Kept me even for the day though luckily

14. weazel

weazel Member

flemington tips mostly roughies

mr 1 # 6 royal amati 4th
    mr 2 # 5 whisper downs 4th
    mr 3 # 2 mrs onassis unplaced
    mr 4 #10 burndiniburn will give another chance could place @big odds unplaced
    mr 5 #10 arinosa 1st $4.00
    mr 6 #1 dear demi 1st $4.60
    mr 7 #11 ali vital blew up finished last
    mr 8 #2 zaratone unplaced
    mr 9 #2 lord of brazil 1st $12.00

3 wins
    6 unplaced
    good collect on arinosa dd double
    and treb arinosa dd lord of brazil

15. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Ha - good to see you back weazel. Hope you snare a few good ones in that lot.

The WA syndicate that races Winter King (race 8, Flem) is keen each way, but last night they were talking odds of 15/1 ...not the $7.50 fixed on offer this morning. Someone has already smashed it I would guess.

Might be one to watch if it drifts (oddly enough). Second leg of double ; a very tough race like most on the card again today!!

I also have word from SA connections that Dwayne Dunn is very buoyant about his ride on Host Of The Party (20/1) in Race 7. This isn't a tip as such ...more that Dunn's family and friends are surprised at the 20/1 given the jockey's inside knowledge. I just noticed its drawn in the carpark as well.

16. Thanks Weazel, there's some massive odds there.

I though I might chuck a multi over all of them E/W, but am now thinking that Sportsbet may not be too keen to pay out a $2 bet for a $3 billion payout!

Might go a 4-5 fold instead. Good luck today everyone

17. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

Hopefully Sir Neil's tips are better than cup day, though he was not alone.
    Sir Neil Evans Best Value Bets @Flemington 2day:
    R3 4.Serene Star***
    R5 10.Arinosa**
    R6 1.Dear Demi**
    R8 5.Its Crunch Time**!

18. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

1Selection2Win:

BestBet:R9 No: 7 NEW YORK
    Extra Mail: R4 No: 5 MEIDUNG

19. Bearfly

<blockquote>Quote from TheOnion on November 8, 2012, 08:12
    Ha - good to see you back weazel. Hope you snare a few good ones in that lot.

The WA syndicate that races Winter King (race 8, Flem) is keen each way, but last night they were talking odds of 15/1 ...not the &#36;7.50 fixed on offer this morning. Someone has already smashed it I would guess.

Might be one to watch if it drifts (oddly enough). Second leg of double ; a very tough race like most on the card again today!!

I also have word from SA connections that Dwayne Dunn is very buoyant about his ride on Host Of The Party (20/1) in Race 7. This isn't a tip as such ...more that Dunn's family and friends are surprised at the 20/1 given the jockey's inside knowledge. I just noticed its drawn in the carpark as well. </blockquote>

Noticed WK was in when I checked the fields yesterday TO - grabbed the 15/1 fixed straight away with a blue swimmer each way - might have another nibble later on but have also been given the tip today from Titan Tipping for #13 I Get Around in the race - could be a couple to base your quinellas, exactas & trifectas around!!!

20. Bearfly

Some big wraps about Brave Soul in the 4th at Flemington fellas