Racing tips....

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Hazey1977, May 5, 2012.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

BB - shoulda just staked the 20 on Sizzling to build your bank a touch and give yourself an extra 10 :)

2. I had ten each way on Savannah so I still made $6!

3. Which I then used for a 4 leg boxed trifecta which got me to $65, so I put $10 for the win on each of the 6 horses in race 4 at the Gold Coast. Da Vista just got up to rise my bank to $222!

Might take $100 out and see how the rest goes!

Any late mail today Bear?

4. Bearfly

Ok, tips time again folks - hopefully we can make a pot of cash this week!!!

Following are the selections for the V Phenomenon for Saturday, June 9, 2012.

Sydney Race 6 - TAB No. 3 (Skytrain)
    Melbourne Race 2 - TAB No. 2 (Roses In The Glen)
    Melbourne Race 3 - TAB No. 7 (Johannapine)
    Melbourne Race 5 - TAB No. 9 (Lady Melksham)
    Brisbane Race 2 - TAB No. 4 (Solzhenitsyn)
    Brisbane Race 3 - TAB No. 2 (Mental)
    Brisbane Race 5 - TAB No. 1 (Sizzling)

And as usual, stay tuned here and in chat in case I get any late mail through.

Happy punting fellas :)

5. Thanks bear, Johannapine scratched also just so you all know

6. Hazey1977

Hazey1977 Member

Here's a few more fella's. Hopefully will get some better rides on those with short odds...the last couple of Saturdays has seen some bad rides...

12.00 Eagle Farm R1 N2, Tinszelda - Minimum price: $3.20, Bet: 1.56 units
    Danger: #13 Sookie

2.20 Eagle Farm R5 N12, Donna Cativa - PLACE BET - Minimum price: $2.80, Bet: 1.79 units
    Danger: #1 Sizzling

4.20 Eagle Farm R8 N3, Lights Of Heaven - Minimum price: $3.50, Bet: 1.43 units
    Danger: #2 Mawingo

4.20 Eagle Farm R8 N2, Mawingo - SAVER BET - Minimum price: $3.50, Bet: 0.60 units
    Danger: #3 Lights Of Heaven

4.29 Rosehill R8 N12, Magic Cassius - Minimum price: $3.25, Bet: 1.54 units
    Danger: #2 Coup Ay Tee

7. Bearfly

Just got a late mail text folks, with the promise of another to come later in the day if conditions look ok.

The one I just received by text is also on the list of V Phenomenon tips, so consider doubling up.

"Late Mail - Flemington R 5 #9 Lady Melksham

Stay tuned in match day chat for the late Late Mail - might not have the opportunity to post it in here.

Happy Punting :)

8. Hazey1977

Hazey1977 Member

Brisbane Race 5 - I watched Boban fly home to win, 2 weeks back at Doomben. Came from absolutley nowhere in the last 150. Could be good value to knock Sizzling off. Currently at $5's. Safety bet perhaps.

9. I've put my weekends stake on that race, some great odds for places going around early on. They'll surely change as it gets closer to the jump though...

10. By my rough off-the-top-of-my-head maths, by covering 6 horses with the longest odds for the place at $10 each, one 4-leg boxed trifecta at $24 on the four with the shortest odds and two $20 place bets on the remaining two horses I can't come out behind unless the trifecta pays under $124.

If I'm right, which you should obviously check for yourselves, then jump on! Outlay $124 for some great odds in there.

Edit: scratch that, if two of the trifecta choices get up then you could lose $20 or so

11. Poor result there, only made $8. Still better than a loss I guess

12. Just a quick heads up for anyone interested, Swan Hill race 1 is still on CB only odds but the shortest priced horse is at $9.75. If they put up some fixed price odds there's some massive value there

13. Bearfly

G'day again punters, another Saturday is here for us to try and make a few quid from the nags.

Am very much looking forward to seeing the mighty mare take on the poms, not too far off now!!!

Anyway, onto business, this weeks tips from PPM's V Phenomenon service.

Following are the selections for the V Phenomenon for Saturday, June 16, 2012.

Sydney Race 3 - TAB No. 3 (Embark)
    Sydney Race 7 - TAB No. 4 (Thumbtacks)
    Melbourne Race 2 - TAB No. 1 (Platelet)
    Melbourne Race 5 - TAB No. 6 (Rue Maple)
    Melbourne Race 6 - TAB No. 3 (Eraset)

Here's hoping we can make a start with these.

One other big tip is Eucumbene in Sydney (Race 4 #3) - won't get long odds on it like we did when it was a late mail tip about a month ago on the Sunday, but it seems to grow an extra leg in the wet and is definitely on the improve.

As usual, any late mail that comes through will either be posted here or directly in chat - depending on the timing of the tips coming through.

Happy punting folks

14. Kooda Dawn! Nice $250 odd profit from that tenner

15. Owen

Owen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Thumbtacks tip Bearfly, put 40 on at $4.20 odds. Logged back onto sportsbet just now and saw my balance looking much more healthy. Cheers!

16. Hazey1977

Hazey1977 Member

Sorry for the lack of tiups today fellas...was out diving and hadnt got the text thru in time!

You'll be pleased to know all bar one did nothing!

Missed a random quaddie by one place too dammit!

17. Bearfly

Only one of the V Phenomenon tips not to run a drum was Rue Maple which many experts were preparing to lay!!!

On top of that, Eucumbene ate the mud to notch 3 in a row.

Good profits which could've been much better had I been able to get on the Late Mail tip on Eight Straight in the 2nd at Rosehill that I received by text, however bloody Telstra decided to stuff up my internet connection for half hour so couldn't post it here or even get my hungy on - $$$'s gone begging :'(

18. Bearfly

And to make matters worse, the bloody Tigers decided to have an easy day to stuff up my multi's - pissed off there!!!

19. Another heads up for the punters up and about, Devonport R1 is about 20 minutes to jump and has 9 Horses running with the shortest odds $7 and the next shortest $9.

Worth keeping an eye on if they put up some fixed price or the odds don't change too much before the jump

20. Hazey1977

Hazey1977 Member

One or two fOR today..

3:20 Bendigo R6 N2 Gold Sand
    4.12 Bairnsdale R7 N2 Court Ya, Danger: #5 Signal Fire