Racing tips....

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Hazey1977, May 5, 2012.

1. Hazey1977

Hazey1977 Member

Couple of earely tips for tomoz..

Warwick Farm R5 N3 Happy Hussy
    Delzera has early speed so Happy Hussy should get a great cart across to race just off the pace. She resumes here off a Group 3 effort where she was beaten less than 2 lengths. Bolted in first up last campaign although in lesser grade. Radar looks the main danger but she will be giving Happy Hussy a start and hasn't won for a while despite being well in the market each time.

Warwick Farm R6 N2 Startsmeup
    Performed strongly in Group and Listed races his last couple of campaigns before winning well in an Ipswich Class 6 first up. Didn't enjoy the best of runs in that race but scored a good win. Is 4 weeks between runs but that's no problem off a tough first-up win and has trialled well recently. Can go on with it here and the $5.50 will do me

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Well it's the weekend again already and time for a punt :)

Following are the selections for the V Phenomenon for Saturday, July 14, 2012.

Warwick Farm Race 4 - TAB No. 3 (Sour Mash)
    Caulfield Race 1 - TAB No. 2 (Glenmaura)
    Caulfield Race 3 - TAB No. 3 (Genuine Spin)

Following are The SharpShooter Selections for Saturday, July 14, 2012.

Base Bets
    Sydney Race 6 - TAB No. 3 (See The World)
    Melbourne Race 6 - TAB No. 16 (Le Societe)

Special Bets
    Sydney Race 6 - TAB No. 3 (See The World)

Don't forget to keep your eye on this thread & chat in case any late mail tips come through.
    And if your keen to get a bit each way on my tip on Royal Mail, 16/1 can still be found around the traps.

As for the Punters Club idea, not far away from having enough info to share with everyone interested.

3. russkoit

russkoit New Member

Omg, it's way to early (7:30am) and a massive frost up in the hills and I have to go get friggin fire wood! I'll hopefully be able to put some tips in b4 12. I'm feeling like some1 here is a big chance at a quaddie today. Good luck gents.

4. russkoit

russkoit New Member

Ok so here are my subscription ratings for today, hope it can help.

CAULFIELD (heavy-8)

Race 1:
    (3) PIXIE EYES
    (1) Westchester
    (2) Glenmaura

Race 2:
    (2) RUSAMBO
    (3) Shambles Street
    (5) Rock Lane

Race 4:
    (5) SHINY BUTTONS
    (7) Epingle
    (8) Go My Girl

WARWICK FARM (slow-6)

Race 3:
    (1) PECTIN
    (11)Arrowette
    (8) Berrimilla

Race 6:
    (2) STARTSMEUP
    (3) SEE THE WORLD
    (7) Embark

DOOMBEN (heavy-9)

Race 5:
    (3) AUSWORLD
    (1) Racing Heart
    (10) Bloodhound
    Race 6:
    (2) MEET GEORGE
    (5) Brigadoon Jack
    (7) Eureka
    I'll post in here if I have any late mail, good luck to all! Giddy up!!!

5. Bearfly

The PPD Club Impactpro Ratings Russ ;)
    Been following them with mixed success the past 6 weeks - should get better when track conditions improve around the country I reckon.

Sorry I haven't had the time till now to post these, but here are Hazey's tips (he's out diving today so he text them through to me).

HAZEY'S TIPS

Morphettville - Race 4 #2 Avoid Lightning ($1.80) 2.78 units - danger #1 Draw Forward
    Warwick Farm - Race 5 #3 Happy Hussy ($3.30) 1.52 units - danger #6 Delzera
    Warwick Farm - Race 6 #2 Startsmeup ($4.80) 1.04 units - danger #3 See The World
    SAVER BET
    Warwick Farm - Race 6 #3 See The World ($3.30) 0.46 units - danger #2 Startsmeup
    PLACE BET
    Caulfield - Race 7 #3 Loot'N'Run ($2.50) 2.00 units Place - danger #6 Slim Henry

6. Hazey1977

Hazey1977 Member

Shite day at the orifice hey boys!

7. Bearfly

Ended up doing alright in the end mate, took a new approach this week by adding a new staking plan to my arsenal and made a tidy profit by taking all the selections in numerous place multi's - might not get the huge rush from betting to win, but added a few hundred to the kitty :)

8. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Heavy tracks everywhere so I kept my hands out of my pockets......so as good as a win..

9. Bearfly

Saver bets on the the 2 SA horses in the final 2 races at Caulfield helped improve the outlook on the day as well.

10. russkoit

russkoit New Member

GRAFTON RACE SIX: #1 never doubt me the eachway
    Good mudder (1) Never Doubt Me 5/2 has enough 'runs on the board' to say she's a crackerjack chance in race 6, the Maclean Cup 1600m at Grafton (heavy-8) on Sunday.

The 3YO filly's wet tracks form is excellent. She's had 3 runs on heavy for 2 wins and one 2nd, and she's had 6 runs on slow for 4 wins, one 2nd and one 3rd. She's had 5 runs at Grafton for 2 wins and 2 placings. One of the wins was over today's mile trip. Never Doubt Me, trained by Neil Godbolt, comes in off a last start 2nd/11 in the Jungle Juice Cup 1350m at Cessnock on July 3, btn narrowly by General's Sniper and conceding that horse 5.5kgs.
    I think her main threat today will come from #12 Nothing Like Luca 6/4 from the Con Karakatsanis stable. The 4YO ran 3rd/15 in the Grafton Cup 1600m on July 8 and that looks like a potent formline.

GRAFTON RACE SEVEN: #14 red celtique the eachway selection
    Back on rain-affected ground, (14) Red Celtique 7/1 appeals as a value prospect for race 7, a BM58 hdcp 2350m at Grafton.

The 4YO mare reserves her best efforts for heavy tracks - and that's what she gets today. I am forgiving her last start 11th/14 Grafton 2100m on July 8. That was on firm ground. Instead, I am taking the base formline via her Kempsey 1900m win on heavy in Cl 1 on June 10, and her 2nd on heavy at Coffs Hbr 1915m on May 11. A bonus is that she's trained on the track.

Look out for a big run from # Big Ben Chimes 20/1. The 5YO, trained by Ross Stitt, is a heavy track winner and he ran home well for his last start 4th/14 Grafton 2100m on July 8.

The roughie
    SANDOWN LAKESIDE RACE SIX: #4huxssen, the eachway selection
    Provided he's tuned up and 'ready to go' the enigmatic (4) Huxssen 12/1 is capable of a KO win in race 6, an RB89 hdcp 1200m at Sandown Lakeside on Sunday.

The 6YO is returning from a spell since mid-February when he ran 8th/10 in the Hareeba Stks (Listed) 1200m behind Like An Eagle at Mornington. Go back four starts and he was 6th/20 to Facile Tigre in Listed class at Flemington 1200m on Nov 1. At his best, or when he decides to produce his best, Huxssen is a really classy performer. He should be OK for a slick run after the break
    . The Tasmanian 4YO #9 Secuma deserves respect as a key danger runner. He handles heavy going and he's a last start first-up winner at Hobart 1100m on heavy on June 24.

11. Bearfly

Ok folks, a hot one right off the presses - there'll be a big go on this one as there was yesterday with Glancing at Geelong which unfortunately I only got informed about 10 minutes before the race, just a few minutes prior to a huge plunge on the horse that broke the bookies hearts!!!
    To put you all in the picture, Glancing opened up on fixed odds at $10 - 10 minutes prior to the race he could be found between that mark & $8 amongst the fixed odds markets (luckily I managed to secure $8 just before the plunge began) - in the final 5 minutes before they jumped the weight of money from this well orchestrated plunge saw his price plummet from the $10-$8 region, down to about $3.20 at the jump - now that is some serious $$$'s being plunged on!!!!!
    And the horse didn't let his backers down either - Brad Rawillier, who has an incredible strike rate on Darren Weir's horses, took him to the front early on over the 1900m and proceeded to give the field a good old-fashioned donkey-licking winning by a country mile!!!!

So onto the tip I just received through the same sources!!!

Gosford Race 1
    #2. Black Jag
    Trainer: Chris Waller
    Jockey: Hugh Bowman
    Comment: Drops back from Saturday grade and form around Eurayle and Havana Rey is too strong for these. Looking for 2100m and soft track no concern.

12. graeme

graeme Guest

many thanks Bear, currently at $2.60 on the NZ TAB - will keep hoping for some easing in price though that may be unlikely?

13. Bearfly

Unfortunately Black Jag just didn't want to go past the winner even though he had it all before him and had more in the tank!!!

However, anyone who read the first part of my post and followed the Weir/Brad Rawillier partnership will be smiling after Brad kicked home El Divine in the 6th at Sandown - managed to get on early at $12 :)

Follow this partnership whenever you see Brad riding one of DKW's horses, he's seriously got a good strike rate on them (roughly 35% atm) and often kicks them home at good odds!!!

14. Thanks Bear, while I didn't get the 1st place your tip gave me the trifecta @ $284 so I certainly can't complain with that

15. Bearfly

Glad to hear that BB, any success amongst the TS punting faithful should be celebrated with gusto :D

I think when I finally get all the info together for the Punters Club & we get it up and running, one of our club rules might just have to be that we are on all selections of the Darren Weir/Brad Rawillier combination, it is absolutely mind boggling how successful they are - and it seems like DKW deliberately chooses Brad to ride any entries set for a decent betting plunge considering how often they pull them off!!!

16. bigbadbunks

bigbadbunks Member

I am definitely interested in joining a punters club, happy to contribute!

17. J_C

J_C Guest

FYI - Those interested in following Bearfly's tip about the Darren Weir/Brad Rawiller combination may wish to check out the Seymour meeting today. Brad has 3 rides for Darren Weir there today:

Seymour
    Race 4, #2 Annotator
    Race 7, #4 Lord of Brazil
    Race 8, #5 Martindale Hall

Please note that I have not done any race or form analysis on these, so you'll need to check that our yourself to determine whether they should get you hard earned or not. I just noticed them very quickly over my morning caffeine infusion.

Others may be able to provide more insight about which one, or ones, might be the best go.

Cheers! :)

18. Thanks Jolcon, I might have a shot at a lucky 15 with those I reckon

19. jb

jb New Member

Dont ya need 4 picks for a lucky 15 BB?
    Win or place best way to go?

20. russkoit

russkoit New Member

SEYMOUR RACE EIGHT:#1FLOURISHING
    After a luckless run at Bendigo last start, (1) Flourishing 5/1 gets her chance for a breakthrough in raqce 8, a fillies & mares RB68 hdcp 1100m at Seymour on Thursday.

Glen Boss had to weave through the pack to find clear running in the straight aboard Flourishing in an RB68 f&m 1000m at Bendigo on July 5 - but the openings never came. The 4YO mare was still held up close to the line. She wound up 6th/12 to Faith Firebird, btn 2.5 lens. That was her second run after a year's spell and the hutout should have her peaking for today's race. She carried 60kgs (Lt54) at Bendigo and has the same weight today but with a jockey switch to Steven Arnold.
    The Robert Smerdon trained #6 NERVE TET could prove the key danger runner.
    I will be putting a tri with these 2 selections with Darren wiers horse #5martindale hall