Racing tips....

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Hazey1977, May 5, 2012.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Sorry folks, been out this morning to doc's appointment after having my ultrasound scan on shoulder yesterday - copped the old cortisone jab in there today after the scan showed up some tearing, swelling in the tendons & a fair bit of fluid (bursal)!!!

Anyway, might be late notice but at Northam WA race 3 # 5 Lequest has solid form lines around it after finishing placed behind Identity Fraud last start who subsequently won yesterday - also Rock Monster in same race comes straight out of my black book after a good effort last start

2. You do jb, I put in Cum Dividend from R3 as well which got up so hopefully even with Annotator not making it I have a chance at the tri. Just need Lord of Brazil and Martindale Hall to get there!

3. Bearfly

Well, apologies for the Lequest tip folks, just poorly ridden!!!

On the plus side, BrawWeir tops up the bank with a solid win in the 7th at Seymour on Lord of Brazil - classic ride by Braw saving ground and scooting through on the inside when a gap presented to win comfortably!!!

4. Bearfly

BB - with the winner in 2 legs now you should come out a touch in front already with a L15 - that's 2 singles & a double already up with another 2 doubles, a treble & a single still live - a 3rd winner will be icing on the cake :)

5. russkoit

russkoit New Member

Yeowew, is it good to get the quinnella x5 exacta x2 the tri and 50% of the first 4? Love it!

6. Bearfly

Last at Seymour I am looking at 7/1/6 - #7 has good wet track form & Nolen/Moody connection, #1 has strong claims, & #6 is a Toy Pindari 7yo who loves wet tracks as most of Toy Pindari's progeny do

7. russkoit

russkoit New Member

Oh and a multi double on race 7-8 @24-1x5 seymore race 8. Got to live the mid week fill ups! Well done guys and girls.

8. russkoit

russkoit New Member

Bf my impact pro ratings are for 9/1/8 in the last if that helps

9. Bearfly

Dog of a ride by Nolen on the #7 and BRaw wasn't much better on #6!!!

10. Bearfly

Yeah I know Russ but not convinced by Impactpro, too hit n miss for me, just like alot of the PPD selections!!!

Have been very unimpressed with several of PPM's offerings apart from The V Phenomenon, Sharpshooter & Favourites Discovery services!!!

11. russkoit

russkoit New Member

So what services do you recommend BF?

12. Bearfly

From PPM I have found The V Phenomenon, Sharpshooter & Favourites Discovery services to be sound investments, but don't waste your cash on them as I will continue to post the selections for those services in this thread each weekend (Sharpshooter also occasionally have a selection or two on a Wednesday which I will post when they come through).

Other services I have subscribed to which bear consideration would include www.winnersofoz.com.au - $20 a month or $60 for 6 months, 7-9 meetings covered a week with every race at each meeting covered with their top 5 rated runners - have snagged some good exactas & trifectas, and many of their rated runners come up at good odds (regular double-overlays pop up at $20+).

Also I have just subscribed to InsiderTips - http://www.insidertips.com.au - $39.95 for a 10 tip package - current record stands at 58 selections for 19 winners & 23 places.

And if you're looking at a high end service (one which will see you punting $100+ on each tip) I can let you know via PM (too sensitive info to put in thread) - this is where I have got some of the late mail tips on weekends from then posted in the chat during the footy!!!

13. syntashi

syntashi New Member

bearfly how can I follow ur posts or can u kindly pm me ur tips as well??

carn the Hawks!!

14. Bearfly

Syntashi - the main tips from the 3 main services I subscribe to can be found in this thread, usually I have them posted in here sometime on Friday evenings (I try to get them posted here before the end of the Friday night game of footy and let everyone know in game chat when I have them done).

As for any of the Late Mail tips - I also try to post them in here as well if time permits, however sometimes there isn't much notice with them (can be as short as half hour before the jump), in those situations I have to resort to just posting the tip in game chat as I always have that open even if I am not chatting that much due to being wrapped up in the races!!!

Unfortunately it could prove a bit time consuming to PM the actual tips to everyone - could take me a whole Friday evening to get through everyone as I also have a couple of family members/close friends who I email the tips to - that's where this thread comes to it's fore, providing a central point where any of the TS community fond of a punt can come in and partake of the shared tipping/knowledge/success of each other - anyone from the community is welcome in here and also welcome to contribute too :D

15. syntashi

syntashi New Member

bearfly
    thnx as a newbie thats great info n will look forward to ur tips thru th
    is thread n also game chats.

16. Bearfly

Alright folks, a late mail special currently at double figure odds - am posting it here but please follow the instructions I will add after the tip otherwise I won't be able to post them here anymore!!!

Ballina Race 2
    #6 Albizia
    Trainer: Felicity Firth
    Jockey: Ben Looker
    Comment: Perfectly placed in a weak race, and stable is confident he will show his best today.

*****Please bet as late as possible! This will help maintain the odds for us and allow us to get on at value*****

17. Fish

Fish New Member

No good.

18. Bearfly

Looker missed the kick a tad and took too long to get it wound up!!! Bloody hoops can kill ya!!!

Whack it in the Black Book though - will give it a shake 3rd up next start if the trainer enters it in suitable race!!!

19. Bearfly

Sorry for the delay getting tips up this evening folks, they won't be far away now - been busy earning some $$$'s on Singapore races, trots & dishlickers - managed to turn out a $200 profit with half the card at Singapore still to come :)

20. Bearfly

Ok, time to get these up on the thread.
    Yes it's that time again folks - time to hit the bookies bags & make a few quid for ourselves :mrgreen:

This weeks's tips are from the 3 services I subscribe to - The V Phenomenon, Sharpshooter & Favourites Discovery.

On recent results, I have been able to turn a fairly tidy profit by mixing the selections up into a variety of multi bets for the place only - it might not sound very exciting or glamorous, but it can certainly be a very effective money making tool (you wouldn't qualm about taking a 1.20 x 1.25 x 1.40 multi in the footy, so why ignore it on the horses)!!! Profit is profit folks, doesn't matter how you get it - and when everyone else is missing out on collecting due to staking for a win only, I'm lining up to collect the dough through these multi's :D

Anyway, enough of that - it's time for this weeks selections.

Following are the selections for the V Phenomenon for Saturday, July 21, 2012.

Rosehill Race 5 - # 2 (Soledad)
    Rosehill Race 6 - # 3 (Stout Hearted)
    Flemington Race 2 - # 5 (Loveyamadly)
    Flemington Race 5 - # 1 (Gossip Girl)
    Flemington Race 8 - # 7 (Imoto)
    Eagle Farm Race 8 - # 1 (Belltone)

Following are The SharpShooter Selections for Saturday, July 21, 2012.

Base Bets
    Flemington Race 8 - # 7 (Imoto)

Special Bets

Following are the selections for the Favourites Discovery for Saturday, July 21, 2012.

Selections (based on Friday market)
    Rosehill Race 4 - # 1 Grand Business

Contenders (Favourite last and 2nd last starts)

Rosehill Race 4 - # 1 Grand Business
    Flemington Race 6 - # 13 Noble Park
    Flemington Race 8 - # 5 Dayita

Now onto some more interesting observations in the same vein as the one mentioned during the week regarding the Brad Rawillier/ DK Weir jockey/trainer partnership.
    Further investigation into Darren Weir has revealed that he has a pretty impressive strike rate when he takes horses over to Adelaide (in fact anywhere in SA) - however at Morphettville, Weir has a mightily impressive 31 winners & 20 placings from 101 starters there - not bad if you ask me!!!
    And another jockey/trainer partnership worth following as they regularly fire (haven't got the exact figures to hand but is very similar SR% to BrawWeir) is the Craig 'Froggy' Newitt/ Max Price combo.

Why do I point this out you may ask...... because there is money to be made following these combos - just like trends in footy - and we have the chance to collectively have a crack in a few short hours!!!

Whilst there is no BrawWeir to follow at Flemington, it looks like they will be combining on 3 occasions at SWAN HILL on Monday where Weir has 13 entered. Weir also has 3 in at Bendigo on Sunday, 3 at Flemington today, and importantly 4 in at Morphettville today.

Don't go mad on them but have a decent look at any of his runners as he is a good judge of where to place his horses to the best possible advantage!!!

Now onto the Froggy/Price combo - you'll find this crops up in the last 2 events on the card at Flemington - both at good each way odds, so it could be worth a little tickle each way on them #yaneverknow!!!

As usual, any late mail will either be posted in here or in game chat when/if it comes in folks.

Happy punting all - let's get the cash rolling in $$$KACHING$$$

:mrgreen: