Racing tips....

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Hazey1977, May 5, 2012.

1. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

Thanks to you BF my account looks healthy. I have had a crack at the majority of what ya put up today. I sacked Noble Park after it's last run but know if I jump off it will win, so get on lads.

2. Cheers mate, I'm looking forward to a good punt today.

Soledad, Imoto, Grand Business and Noble Park for the lucky 15 today I reckon, as I'll put it each way though I guess it's really a lucky 30?

3. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Fellas, you're in luck today - first late mail tip came through earlier than expected :D

Rosehill Race 2 - #5 Natch Catch

This is from the service that I pay good $$$'s for and the tips they give are usually my big bets for the day ($100 minimum stake for me - usually each way if price allows) - we've had some near misses lately, but those who were around on chat on a Sunday arvo a couple months ago will never forget the tip from this mob that I put up in chat for Eucumbene when it won easily after opening in betting at 8/1.
    Don't go mad crazy on it (let me get my good price :mrgreen: but have a look at it folks!!!

As always, keep an eye out in case any more come up during the day

4. SammmmmmyT

SammmmmmyT New Member

Just stumbled across this thread.. Love the idea lads.

I will be taking that late mail BF, like the look of him.

Flemington Race 2 - #5 Loveyamadly

Rate this horse highly in this field so check it out fellas!

5. Bearfly

Welcome to the best kept secret on TS SammmmmyT

Have a read through some of the earlier pages mate, I've put feelers out for interest in forming a Punters Club amongst the TS faithful with some solid interest so far.

6. Bearfly

Well f*#k me!!! Just found out that Centrebet don't pay out 3rd place on fixed odds bets when a there's less than 8 in the field after a late scratching - that's bloody un-Australian if you ask me, you still get 3rd place payouts anywhere after late scratchings!!!

Well, those a*#holes have lost my turnover now!!!

Got another late mail through chaps - hopefully can go 2 places better this time :)

Rosehill Race 8
    #8. Mon Soleil
    Trainer: Chris Waller
    Jockey: Corey Brown
    Comment: Suited here second up after a quiety firt-up. A big headwind is affecting on pace horses and Mon Soleil will be popping out of the slipstream late.

7. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Guest

Bearfly,

Has the punters club kicked off yet?

8. Bearfly

Dirty Dog,

Not yet, still collecting some info to share with everyone before settling on a format/rules/costs etc.
    Also have the added limitations of having a trip to Adelaide (footy) this coming weekend to sort out, plus another trip to Melbourne in just under 4 weeks time.

Will try to get the info all sorted out this week so I can share it with everyone interested in joining - that way we can discuss in this thread a few of the finer points on how we run it for a week or 2 before kicking off in time for the start of the big riches coming up over the ensuing few months :)

9. Bearfly

Evening fellow punters, how has the week treated you all???

For me it has been a huge week - a couple of $300+ exactas and some nice $20+ winners really boosted my account (actually made a 2k withdrawal last night and still have well over 2.5 in there!!!

Enough of the bragging though, before I make you all green with envy :mrgreen:

This weeks tips from the 3 services are as follows:

Following are the selections for the V Phenomenon for Saturday, July 28, 2012.

Sydney Race 1 - TAB No. 1 (Australian Star)
    Sydney Race 8 - TAB No. 12 (I Get Around)
    Melbourne Race 8 - TAB No. 11 (Club Command)
    Brisbane Race 4 - TAB No. 1 (Divine City)
    Brisbane Race 5 - TAB No. 1 (Bradbury Chocolate)

Following are The SharpShooter Selections for Saturday, July 28, 2012.

Base Bets
    Sydney Race 2 - TAB No. 2 (Brave The Way)
    Melbourne Race 4 - TAB No. 2 (Min River)

Special Bets
    Melbourne Race 4 - TAB No. 2 (Min River)

The Favourites Discovery selections for Saturday, July 28, 2012

Selections (based on Friday market)

Caulfield 2 3 Planet Voyage

Contenders (Favourite last and 2nd last starts)

Warwick Farm 1 5 Kuhreihen
    Warwick Farm 3 5 She's A Fox
    Warwick Farm 4 3 Fair Call
    Warwick Farm 7 10 Take The Oath
    Caulfield 2 3 Planet Voyage
    Caulfield 2 9 Zahee
    Caulfield 4 3 Genuine Spin
    Caulfield 4 4 Price Of Glory
    Caulfield 5 3 Prince Pedro
    Caulfield 6 7 Ready To Rip
    Caulfield 7 3 Kitty Cotswold
    Caulfield 7 5 Gracie Louise

As usual, keep your eye out here and in game chat for any Late Mail tips - am flying to Adelaide in the morning but will do my best to be online when it matters.

Happy Punting all :D

10. Hazey1977

Hazey1977 Member

12.30 Warwick Farm R1 N2, Havana Rey - Minimum price: $3.00, Bet: 1.67 units

Looks another good race for Havana Rey. He is right at his peak this campaign and finds himself in a small field where he will lead and do so easily. He seems to really enjoy racing at Warwick Farm and 1600 on the slow. Kuhreihen was ridden upside down last start when leading and should be able to stalk Havana Rey here in the run, he is the saver bet.

Danger: #5 Kuhreihen

3.07 Caulfield R6 N1, Green Birdie - Minimum price: $2.50, Bet: 2.00 units

Class 1200m runner of the field who looks very well placed here second up. Drew the car park and was hooked straight back when resuming before not being able to get a crack at them in the straight and was untested to the line. Drawn better and can take up a better position in running here and it's hard to see him not winning.

Danger: #11 Zamorar

4.40 Warwick Farm R8 N12, I Get Around - Minimum price: $2.50, Bet: 2.00 units

Up and coming runner who has been smashing them at the provincials. Looks to have drawn well here and will again get a good run up on the speed. Only has to do it with 53. 5kg and is going to be very hard to catch.

Danger: #5 La Remlap

11. Bearfly

Insider Tips Late Mail Service have put out the following
    Caulfield Race 6
    #1. Green Birdie
    Trainer: Tony Vasil
    Jockey: Damien Oliver
    Comment: World class sprinter who has done bulk of racing against HK's best and defeated Rocket Man in Singapore Krisflyer. Should win this in a canter.

Warwick Farm Race 4
    #1. Le Cap
    Trainer: Tim Martin
    Comment: Resumes after solid first campaign which included win at Gosford. Trialled well and ready to fire first-up.

12. Bearfly

Late Mail from Insider Tips to share with you fine folks

Kembla Grange
    Race 3
    #13. Strace
    Trainer: Tracey Bartley
    Comment: Massive overs in this race, stable have a huge opinion of the horse and step up in distance looks ideal. $11 fixed available now.

13. Cheers mate, $11 makes it certainly worth an each-way look

14. bigbadbunks

bigbadbunks Member

Gone the place on Strace, see what happens, thanks for the tip either way.

15. Bearfly

Def worth the each way fellas - a 1win 2place or 1win 3place combo will produce profit in the event it doesn't salute in 1st place - managed to actually score $12 fixed after comparing all sites I have accounts with, but that quickly reduced to $10 a couple minutes after I got on - best available is still $11 on a few of the sites though

16. bigbadbunks

bigbadbunks Member

Can someone publish the racing tips strike rate? Every one I have seen has not gotten up, i am sure there have been some successful ones though.

17. Bearfly

appears we've been in a bit of a rut the past 2-3 weeks - but we had a few weeks where we hit quite a few winners.

This has been happening to many a punter out there though with the wet tracks and ordinary horses playing havoc with form. However, with the spring carnival just around the corner, the better quality horses will be resuming over the next few weeks providing more consistency - patience is a virtue in this game :)

18. Bearfly

Sorry for the delay folks, been having a few probs with my laptop lately, but here they are!!!

Following are the selections for the V Phenomenon for Saturday, August 4, 2012.
    Canterbury R2 #3 Havana Rey

Canterbury R7 #2 Soledad

Canterbury R8 #2 Number One Gun

Moonee Valley R6 #5 Banca Mo

Doomben R5 #1 Venture On

Doomben R6 #3 Liesele

Following are The SharpShooter Selections for Saturday, August 4, 2012.

Base Bets
    Canterbury Race 1 No 1 Rampaging
    Moonee Valley Race 7 No 8 One Last Dance
    Special Bets
    Canterbury Race 1 No 1 Rampaging

Favourites Discovery Contenders (Favourite last and 2nd last starts)
    These are the contenders - being Favourites at their last and 2nd last starts. If any of the following are favourites at this start - they qualify as a selection.

Canterbury 1 1 Rampaging
    Moonee Valley 1 1 Planet Voyage
    Moonee Valley 1 8 Meliora
    Moonee Valley 7 8 One Last Dance

I did have a really good special lined up for the last at the Valley today but unfortunately it has been scratched - pisses me right off considering I managed to get on at fixed odds last night at $10.

As usual, any late mail tips that come through I will post here if time permits, &/or in game chat.

Happy Punting folks :D

19. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

Thanks BF. Missed the first couple coz I actually had to do some work, damn these people giving me money getting in the way of my Saturday punting.

20. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

Banca Mo! Nice run.