Rate My Team 2015 (1st Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 11, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]Let's set the ground rules for RMT, nice and clear.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]To kick things off, I'll put my current SC team up for discussion.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]/Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT2.JPG
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]Search hard, find that value and follow your instincts! Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong. :)

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      When you look at the 27 Port have picked this week, along with the simple fact that they have Trengove, Hartlett and possibly Wingard (and then Ryder and Monfries pending tribunal verdict), there is no place for Krak at all unfortunately.
      He, along with Colquhoun will have to bide their time and put up some solid SANFL form to earn a place in the 22.
      As good as it is to have a player like Krak to keep on the radar, he still does need to be upgraded from rookie list to play - and with only Howard on the LTI list, and listed as about 7-8 weeks, I can't see Krak being elevated just for the sake of it atm with no rea pending need to get him in the side.
    2. Jason
      Jason
      Port only have 39 senior listed players, they can upgrade a rookie at any stage without needing an LTI to another player.
    3. Nick
      Nick
      What are people's thoughts on Brad Sheppard ($359k) as a defence mid pricer? Has scored quite well over the NAB and is looking as though he's having a change in role. Not sure what impact Beau Water's departure has there.

I'm looking for a replacement for Geary, who seems injured and not included in NAB squad, hence the mid price tag.

4. Jason
      Jason
      Senior list spot available without LTIs:

Adelaide: 0
      Brisbane: 0
      Carlton: 2
      Collingwood: 1
      Essendon: 0
      Fremantle: 0
      Gold Coast: 2
      Geelong: 0
      GWS: 0
      Hawthorn: 0
      Melbourne: 0
      North Melbourne: 0
      Port Adelaide: 1
      Richmond: 1
      St. Kilda: 0
      Sydney: 2
      West Coast: 0
      Western Bulldogs: 0
    5. Nick
      Nick
      Thanks for the info Bearfly.

I thought with Billy Frampton being put on the LTI Krak would be in the box seat for an upgrade. I suppose that doesn't secure your spot in the 22 though.
    6. Nick
      Nick
      He's in my side currently, however I'm leaning more and more to not starting him, especially after reading that logic.

Hmmmmmm

7. Nick
      Nick
      Cold on Newton? I'm surprised.

I'm seeing him as this year's Dom Tyson!

8. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      I wanna have 1 more look at him this weekend! Being in the system for the last 6 years or so I'm not really sure why he has decided to turn it on this year. That being said he was starting to score higher last year before an injury and it might have something to do with the way Simpson wants him to play! From memory he was a top 10 draft pick? It will be between him and KK for D4 in my team.
    9. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      I have Sheppard in my pro forma team at the moment, but also looking at Laird and Buntine for that slot. I'm similarly concerned that Sheppard has taken so long to develop, 6 seasons is KPF territory, Plus he seems to have a bit of injury history as well. Still in two minds on him to be honest.
    10. bjaensch
    11. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      De Goey vs Freeman is an interesting question, will be interesting to see who gets a game.
    12. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      Agree re Mummay mate. But that said, I am breaking my golden rule at this point and have him in the team. I figure he will come start the season like a cannon shot and then get hurt/suspended, so I'm factoring in having to trade him out at some point.
    13. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      Looked to me from the two games the Crows have played so far the E-Y has had the second most clearances after B Crouch, which is no mean feat. 22 years old, few years in the squad, should be fit enough, good size, disp efficiency looks ok. Certainly on my watch list.
    14. Jason
      Jason
      New blog post is up, this one takes a long time to scroll all the way through!
    15. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      Slightly wierdly (to me) is that other than Rocky last year (and Zorko is a M/F so thus F) Brisbane have gone from rags to riches in the Midfield this year. I think its too hard to predict where the points will go. It's a bit like a few years ago when the Pies had Swan, Pendles, Thomas et al all firing at the same time: who gets the points ? The answer could be 'all off them' but its a bit of a gamble until we see how they all play and score together.
    16. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      With a great deal of angst, I pulled GAJ from my pro forma team a weeks or so ago. Not sure if he will make it back into my team for R1, whether he plays or not. If he plays, could get off to a slow start, thus a good up grade option and also a chance to see what his form's like and how the wing is holding up.
    17. TerryinBangkok