Rate My Team 2015 (1st Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 11, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]Let's set the ground rules for RMT, nice and clear.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]To kick things off, I'll put my current SC team up for discussion.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]/Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT2.JPG
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]Search hard, find that value and follow your instincts! Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong. :)

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2015.

1. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      Fyfe just seems to spend too many games out through injury (although his games lost to suspension with new Tribunal rules should help that) for me to include him in my team at this point. A gun, but does not inspire any confidence re longevity for me.
    2. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Lets give it a go hey?

B:Gibson, Newnes, Lumumba, Haynes, Whitecross, Goddard, (Edwards, Saad)

M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Sloane, Greene, Griffen, Newton, Anderson, Vandenberg, (Freeman, Dumont, Krakouer)

R: Maric, Naitanui, (Read)

F: Gray, Franklin, Martin, Swan, Karnezis, Lambert, (Hogan, Lonie)

GnR for me with the exception of D4 which will be one of Haynes/Sheppard/KK/Geary/Langdon.
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Whitecross is rumoured to be returning via the VFL and not expected to play R1 for Hawthorn. Might need to look elsewhere. Rohan perhaps?

Greene is a unique selection. How do you think he will go with Griffen entering the midfield mix at GWS?
    4. weaze
      weaze
      i'm interested in sheppard as well backs look thin as jason said wouldnt think whitecross would be getting a game soon
    5. weaze
      weaze
      gibbo could be gold too this year
    6. weaze
      weaze
      No Team but any thoughts on these players

van berlo should score ok
      swallow second year back form achilles
      Boyd dropped interupted pre season last year libba gone for the year
      hallahan should get plenty of games at gc
      sheppard will he step up in eagles backline
      stevens wilth libba gone scoring potential or is it more likely to be wallis/boyd/dal/mcrae
      gibson frawley in does he become lose man ?
    7. weaze
      weaze
      add jack steven to that list as well will he get tagged out of games?
    8. weaze
      weaze
      i will be taking nic nat as well as lycett in the fwds nic nat is sure to get the general at some stage imo
    9. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      The beauty of Greene is that he isn't damaging enough to warrant the tag, which should go to Griffen (not worried about his score being affected by the tag as 2013 he managed to play through it pretty good). Personally I think GWS are the more talented of the 2 new expansion teams and if the Gold Coasts last year is anything to go by (coupled with GWS' easy first half draw) GWS should be in for more wins, which equals more points. Greene averaged something like 130 over the last 5 games of '13 so can realistically see him increasing his average plus I like him as a POD. Obviously rookies aren't set in stone but I can see Whitecross averaging a decent 70+ when he comes back in. Should Edwards and Saad be named I may consider starting one of them and leaving Whitecross on the bench or ultimately scrapping him all together, however I can't justify Rohan when his DE is >50%.
    10. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Sorry Greene's 5 game average meant to be '14
    11. GaryReal
      GaryReal
      As a carlton supporter I can say with confidence that Boekhorst has very little selfconfidence, in fact he looks SCARED. This is of great concern seeing as we wasted a pick 19 on him, but certainly why i will not take him in SC. He will not take the game by the balls, he will pick up occasional loose balls and score 50 ave at best IMO. buyer beware ;)
    12. Jason
      Jason
      Listed as a 1 week injury today on afl website.
    13. weaze
      weaze
      i think belly will go well this year his ankle is fixed asada crap will be resolved (hopefully) sole ruckman maybe a swap out at stages with daniher/giles/mckernan was tracking nicely until ankle injury never really got going last year
    14. Revesby Rogue
      Revesby Rogue
      Gray will definitely be one of the top forwards this year. He'll be in my side but not round 1. Has 4 tough games to start the season and then Crows in Rd 5 (a team he scored badly against last year). I am hoping for 4 upgrades prior to the byes and have my eye on him as one.
    15. Len
      Len
      I'd be wary of expecting him to improve mate.
      We scored more than 50% of 3300 in plenty of games we lost, I don't know that there are a lot more points to be earnt by the team.
      Plus, the period where he averaged highly was directly aligned with a period of significant outs (Scully, Whitfield, Coniglio, Hampton, Haynes) in the giants team who were replaced by lesser scoring players.
      Those people are coming back, plus add improvement from Kelly, WHE, Tomlinson, and a few others, then add in Griffen.
      It's possible his average will increase, but he is running into the wind, not with it
    16. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      I agree on Bellchambers IF Essendon get off then he picks himself in my team. R/F helps with an injury or resting to my rucks and all the while averaging 75+ is a win in my books! We will wait and see!
    17. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks for this insight.
      He's got a lot of senior footy experience, so hopefully he settles into the standard fairly quickly.
      Keep an eye on him and report back on his progress through the NAB if you can.
    18. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      You're saying you think Martin is more consistent than Delidio?
    19. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I think this 'more wins, more points' thing that gets said is such a misnomer. It can not apply at the individual level, certainly not at the premiums.
    20. Len
      Len
      Agreed, certainly it doesn't apply to the giants, I believe we won the SC points score more than 50% of the time last year whilst losing games..