Rate My Team 2015 (1st Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 11, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]Let's set the ground rules for RMT, nice and clear.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]To kick things off, I'll put my current SC team up for discussion.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]/Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT2.JPG
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]Search hard, find that value and follow your instincts! Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong. :)

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Deano
      Deano
      Hard to see both NicNat and Lycett averaging 200 between them which is what you would want to achieve.
    2. Deano
      Deano
      You would have to think he would given their midfield lack of depth and history. Whilst Armitage usually gets the hard tag, Steven has also been exposed to receiving a run with opponent.
    3. Deano
      Deano
      Here we go guys, tear it apart.

H Shaw, B Smith, Newnes, Kolodjaschni, C Pearce, Goddard (Dick, Saad)

Ablett, Pendlebury, Jelwood, Ward, Newton, Cripps, Anderson, Boehhurst (Heeney, Vandenburg, Freeman)

Maric, NicNat (Read)

Gray, D Martin, Bartell, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Lambert, Krakeour)

$50K left
    4. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Van Berlo could be a great choice and Brayshaw will be great but dont think he'll be played for a while - no Nab vup yet and Roos likes to hold the kids back
    5. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Cripps - second year blues? Boehhurst see above comment from a Carlton fan Kolo yr 2 as well - expensive too boot - the rest are all very solid with a ? On Maric might be agreat pod
    6. weaze
      weaze
      lycett is there for when nic nat gets injured bit hesitant on rucks this year with new rule so looking for value only those 3 do imo
    7. weaze
      weaze
      yeah rooks round 1 will help cull some mid price upgrade in fwds
    8. weaze
      weaze
      have to have upgrades somewhere prefer backs and fwds rather that mids bigger swings in price not looking for as much cash
    9. weaze
      weaze
      like your fwds are you confident in franklin off limited pre season so far but he is a freak
      backline a bit of a worry for me shaw and newnes solid others may be hit and miss
      mids maybe move on one of prestia/greene/steven for rockliff/selwood premo

Should score well if your backs fire
    10. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Would be interested to hear from Sainters if they rate Goddard Version 2 a chance. Kolod Version 2 should also get some TOG in his 2nd year, but suspect he will be a slow burner and maybe behind Bews.
    11. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Could just be Sammy's year.
    12. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Surprised there is no love so far for de Goey or the Cocky. Most seem to have gone cold on Trent Dumont as well. Still, guess it is all a bit speculative at this time of year.
    13. Jason
      Jason
      It will be interesting to see how many teams still have Clancee in when the first round arrives. I think you're structure is too light on the DEF line, which is really weak for rookies this year. There are quite a few cheap forward options though, suggest drop an expensive forward and spend some of that money on another defender.
    14. Jason
      Jason
      I like the Membrey pick.

Definitely look at choosing another MID instead of Biggs.
    15. Nick
      Nick
      Nice team, Ward a bit of a POD. I think there are better midfield rookies around other than Boekhurst, like Cripps and Ellis-Yolmen.
      Other than that very solid!
      I had C Pearce in there based on Duffield's injury but he's out again, not a proven scorer and I think this one is fool's gold!
    16. Nick
      Nick
      DeGoey has been in and out of my team, switching with Cripps (similar price). Will both him and Freeman be able to break in for Round 1?
    17. Nick
      Nick
      Been waiting for these threads to start up, nice work Jason.
      On your team Jason-
      I'm still not sold on Fisher, or many premium defenders to be honest, and have gone mid price like many this year. Fisher is way too injury prone for me.
      Solid premium mids, Griffen may get tagged every week (ahead of Ward, Treloar and Greene imo).
      I think there are must better midfield rookies than Miller, Dawson or Hiscox, maybe look at Freeman, Ellis-Yolmen or spend a bit more for Cripps or DeGoey.
      Great rucks, however I'm worried about spending big there with the change of rules. Would rather wait and see and upgrade.
      Great forward line, not sold on Bont but could go huge. I think you need to have Mitch Clark in your team.
    18. Nick
      Nick
      Here's my team so far.

Tried to keep in GnR other than defence, where the midpricers chosen I'm hoping will spend time in the midfield, which I think is a pretty good bet especially for Newnes and Lumumba.
      Had Swallow (North) as my smokey but Neale's preseason numbers are hard to ignore. Will be 4th in line for tags too. I also think Newton, Cripps and Van Berlo are worth the extra starting price, as they have great JS, and have mature bodies. Not sure Jed Anderson can break into Hawthorn midfield.
      Haven't even looked at bye structure yet.

Let me know what you think!

Def: Hibberd, Newnes, Lumumba, Geary, Smedts, Hamling (Goddard, Saad)

Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Fyfe, Neale, Van Berlo, Newton, Cripps, Freeman (Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen, Lambert (FWD))

Ruck: Mumford, Bellchambers (Cox)

Fwd: Gray, Bartel, Goddard, Martin, Swan, Clark, (Hogan, Krakouer)
    19. Nick
      Nick
      Watch the Titchell trap of last year. Just not sure Horse likes him enough to give him solid midfield time. Would love to pick him though.
      Got any mail on WhiteX being able to find his spot back in the team?
    20. Nick
      Nick
      Nice team!
      What's your thinking on Hampton and Lever? Haven't seen much of them...
      Prestia-Steven-Greene great picks. If they come off you will get a jump.
      Rucks and forwards very solid.