Rate My Team 2015 (1st Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 11, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]Let's set the ground rules for RMT, nice and clear.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]To kick things off, I'll put my current SC team up for discussion.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]/Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT2.JPG
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]Search hard, find that value and follow your instincts! Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong. :)

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Nick
      Nick
      Love the Hallahan pick! I do not have the stones unfortunately
    2. anthak
      anthak
      Interesting team. I generally like the balance. Lots of rook mids with a few stars... and prem fwds as they are plentiful.
      I'm surprised there are people not picking Lids tho.
      And I'm hessitant about Mummy with the scoring change.
      A couple of ballsy picks in def, but you gotta live with it, so you make the calls :)
    3. anthak
      anthak
      Neale ballsy too. Are you sure his form too hard to ignore?
    4. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Not sold on Ellis-Yoleman being in Crows best 22.
      Fwds look pretty solid, just need to keep eye on Krak being elevated and making Port's 22.
      Bit wary of Bellchambers, don't see him as scoring enough to be a keeper in ruck.
      Also wary of VB, although Wash has said he will use him as a more attacking player, I just haven't seen enough from him in pre-season to merit ptcking him.
    5. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Thought Maric was quite uninspiring on Saturday against a very raw and inexperienced Port. He was up against Redden who was playing his first game in almost 2 years, an inexperienced Mitch Harvey, and Butcher, yet only managed 27 hitouts (10 to advantage) when he should've really run amok!!!
    6. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Some interesting PODs in your mids there.
    7. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Haven't done one of these in a few years, but here's my most recent team (rookies and rucks subject to change - haven't looked in to bye structure yet.

Def: B.Smith, A.Rance, J.Newnes, H.Lumumba, L.Spurr, K.Kolodjashnij (J.Lever, A.Saad)
      Mid: G.Ablett, J.Selwood, J.Kennedy, C.Ward, B.Newton, N.Cockatoo, J.Anderson, I.Heeney (A.Vandenberg, T.Miller, J.Steele)
      Ruck: M.Lobbe, N.Naitanui (T.Read)
      Fwd: R.Gray, D.Martin, D.Swan, C.Salem, M.Clark, K.Langford (J.Hogan, T.Lamb)

$47k left
    8. anthak
      anthak
      Not sure about Spurr. I don't think he'll score enough for his price.
    9. anthak
      anthak
      Here's my team. Anyone got any suggestions?

Def: BSmith, JGibson, Suckling, Higgins, Dalgleish, Hamling (HGoddard, Saad)

Mid: Ablett, Rockliffe, Fyfe, SMitchell, Newton, Cockatoo, Heeney, Boakhorst (Freeman, Miller, Krakouer)

Ruck: Lobbe, Bellchambers (O'Brien)

Fwd: Deledio, Bartel, BGoddard, Zorko, Swan, Clark (Karnezis, Hogan)

About $50k left over

Thanks!
    10. snoz
      snoz
      Hey Anth........hope you don't mind:

D: Love the Gibbo pick, not a fan of Higgins &amp; Dalgleish needs suspensions
      M: SMitch is a stretch. Love him but think there is better value, Newton I'm wary of.
      R: For me TBC is just a no. You have the RF in Obrien IF you need to trade in a F/R for coverage down in the fwd line. At this stage, it should be NicNat, pending this weekend.
      F: Bartel is interesting, as is Zorko. Me.....no on Zork, get better value
    11. Jason
      Jason
      Mumford scored 98 SC in half a game during NAB hitout the other day. I'm not worried about him under the new scoring system at all.
    12. Jason
      Jason
      Not convinced that there is a spot in the Collingwood 22 for Freeman at this stage.

None of the top-priced defenders are particularly encouraging, most are 30+ and injury prone. Happy with the Fisher selection still at this stage, and given he has a 10% discount on his injury-affected 2014 scoring he is clearly value for his start price. If he breaks down, sideways is still possible.
    13. Jason
      Jason
      You are missing some potential value picks in the FWD line by loading up with expensive options here. I think your structure might be better taking advantage of where the abundance of rookie-priced players is for 2015, namely FWD. Lonie from StK should be a lock for instance.
    14. Jason
      Jason
      As above, you are missing out on potential rookie picks in the FWD line.

I'm not convinced that Rockliff is going to score as well in 2015 as he did in 2014, when he was clearly he no.1 MID at Brisbane. Now he has Beams and Christensen for company - at over 700k that is a risk that I'm not prepared to take this year.

Cockatoo looks great, but for the extra $$ he looks very likely to be vested in early games. On my watch list for now.

Like the O'Brien selection at R3, that is an astute pick.
    15. Jason
      Jason
      Lever is going to be a slow starter this year I think, not sure he is the right option for a starting DEF rookie.

Good structure across each line. :thumbsup:

I don't see Ward as value myself, but he will be a bit of a unique pick for you. I would prefer Andrew Swallow or Brad Crouch at a similar price over Ward, although I'm not going with any MID at that price in my team currently.

Hopefully Lobbe can tackle his way to SC glory in 2015.
    16. anthak
      anthak
      Ha, of course I don't mind :)

Thanks for feedback.

Zorko is meant to be playing more mid this season, but in reality I'm not sure how much mid time there'll be to share around at Lions.
      Maybe I could make him a rook and upgrade TBC to NicNat, but I do like TBC value
    17. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks for feedback. Good point about Rocky.
      And about fwd rookies, it will be good at the end of preseason to map where all the strong rookies are.
      Cockatoo will be a gun! I hope they don't vest him.
    18. Nick
      Nick
      Agreed - main concern over Mummy is staying on the park.

Burnt me massively last year when I brought him in and he was a late withdrawl.

Him or Goldy are the only premium rucks I'm convinced on so far.

19. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Spurr was my last pick down back and is very much subject to change - ideally another rook puts his hand up and I can down him to improve other areas
    20. Nick
      Nick
      I think that's good advice Jason.
      If Lonie or Karnezis look good in the final NAB and named round one it could be a good structure move to bring Goddard down to one of those, and Van Berlo up to perhaps Jack Steven or A Swallow.

Something to ponder...