Rate My Team 2015 (1st Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 11, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]Let's set the ground rules for RMT, nice and clear.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]To kick things off, I'll put my current SC team up for discussion.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]/Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT2.JPG
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]Search hard, find that value and follow your instincts! Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong. :)

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Not 100% sold on any def rooks atm tbh J-Dog - hoping final lead up to round 1 throws up a few solid clear cut certainties.

Played around with a few different options with that 4th premium mid - Ward just the current place holder pending a few other decisions.

Likewise with the ruck, Lobbe and NicNat there atm pending possible changes, but at least with Lobbe we know he' good for a decent amount of tackles each week to help boost the score, and with Ryder coming in he'll get the chance to add to his scoring potential resting up fwd and kicking a few goals.
      My only concern with sticking with him in my final line-up is Hinkley flagging the possibility of playing all 3 of Lobbe, Ryder and Redden when they're all fit and available!!!
    2. Nick
      Nick
      Cheers Bearfly

I'm hoping on Ellis-Yoleman based on good numbers so far, but if he's not named he won't be there. Few replacements lining up behind him.

I wanted a mid price R2 and Belly looked good value as No.1 ruck as Bomberland (ASADA pending of course). I'm wary about spending big in the rucks this year.

VB to me just looks fantastic value as a cash cow that will play every week and make money. Even if he averaged 60-70 (which I think is very possible) he is priced cheaply enough to be a good cow.

3. Nick
      Nick
      I like a smokey or two each year.

All signs point to break out for mine. Several years in the system. Huge pre season number (ranks #1 for points per 100 minutes in NAB so far - fantasty freako) and will never be tagged, with Mundy, Fyfe and Barlow before him.

Other option would be Swallow from North for that M4 spot.

4. Nick
      Nick
      I only want one Richmond forward, and for me Martin easily over Lids.

Freako - 'Dustin Martin game high 17 centre bounces vs Power, 3 of 28 disposals inside fwd 50'

5. Nick
      Nick
      Spurr a bit from left field, not sold on him personally.

I like the team structure. JPK and Lobbe look like PODs this year, both solid picks.

Be careful of Salem, may go missing if his role changes.

Get K Lambert from Richmond in there! Cheap as chips mature age rookie that Cotch has said should play!

6. Nick
      Nick
      Nice team Anth!

Similarly, I have concerns on Rocky. A great target for first upgrade after he drops I reckon. Sure Sam Mitchell isn't past it? Better pure mids out there?

Quite a unique backline - Gibson and Suckling both in there could be risky. I think you've nailed the rookies there, and across all lines actually.

Great fwd line, same structure as mine, taking advantage of the plethora of midfield/forwards this year, however potentially at the expense of capitalizing on the depth of rookies in the forward line this year.

7. Nick
      Nick
      @Simonoz - Newton is an absolute LOCK!

8. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      Yeah I would be unsure about Mitchel, has been an absolute gun but kinda risky as he is getting older and missed a chunk of last year injured. Having said that could work out to be a good POD this year.

Newton is a great pick!

Maybe having gibbo and suckers in the same team could be a worry. Forward line looks very strong perhaps a little too strong maybe could save some coin there and use it to bolster defence or mids.
    9. Iain
      Iain
      @Nick
      Hibberd obviously a risk, but so far I have him in my side as well. Also isn't Geary injured? Not 100% sure though.
      Very thin on mids, and personally I'm not sold on Neale.
      Bellchambers another risky pick but could pay off if he increases enough to upgrade early on.
      As others have suggested may be a bit heavy in the fwd line at this stage.

@Bear
      Quite a few POD's here, could work well or destroy you early on.
      Spurr I'm wary off, thought Pearce would be ahead of him at Freo for points if he stays on the park.
      JPK a nice POD, Ward may suffer from Griff's signing plus other GWS mids natural improvement.
      Lobbe I'm hesitant about, be he certainly has the scope to improve.
      Langford an interesting choice up forward, don't know how much his scoring will increase though.

@Anthak
      Gibson a bit inconsistent for mine, and can't see him improving given his age.
      SMitch is a gun, but as others have stated a bit past his prime for a mid spot in SC.
      Same comments as above re Lobbe and Belly.
      Goddard a fairly unique pick from what I've seen, not sure he can match it with the new M/F's this season.
    10. Iain
      Iain
      My thinking on the backline is that the best scorers there will be unknown until a bit into the season so I've gone for more midpricers and would be fairly happy if they remain at current scoring levels until the new guns emerge.

As always everything is still open to change, especially mid-pricers and rookies.

Malceski, Hibberd, Newnes, Laird, Hamling, Goddard (Smith, Saad)
      Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Treloar, Dangerfield, Newton, Heeney, Steele (Miller, Krakouer, Lambert)
      Maric, Naitanui (Cox)
      Deledio, Martin, Bennell, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Lonie, Daniel)
    11. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      Hey BB, not too sure about starting without R. Gray in the forward line, think he should be number 1 picked after Gary.

Like the mid looks pretty strong, forward line looking very strong too (apart from not having Gray), like the Bennell pick could be a good POD.

As everyone has stated defence will be tricky this year, maybe you are a little light on with Laird being D4. But I guess with there being limited options down back most people will look fairly similar down there so nice to have a POD.

Cheers
    12. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      Hey guys,

Heres my current team as usual it's doing my head in leading up to round 1. Being an ex-hawk have had Hallahan in my team since SC opened, but think he is my biggest risk. Anyway here it is:

DEF: Smith, Shaw, Hibberd, newnes, lumumba, saad (hamling, maynard)
      MID: Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Steven, Hallahan, Anderson, Heeney, Freeman (Boekhorst, Vandenberg, Lambert)
      RUCK: Mummy, Natanui (Cox)
      FWD: Gray, Martin, Swan, Mitchell, Clark, Hogan (Steele, Krakouer)
    13. Nick
      Nick
      Read that about Geary this morning, that he didn't train. Have to keep an eye on that one. Cheers mate
    14. Nick
      Nick
      Nice team BB, I like it.
      Not sold on Laird - why have you picked him? Playing two rookies in defence may hurt you if they don't perform early and are dropped. JS will be an issue.
      Love the midfield, Treloar and Danger great PODs.
      Solid rucks, although Maric wasn't too strong over the weekend I think I read, only NAB though.
      Two top tigers in forward line is interesting, personally I'd rather Bartel over Lids, should play in the midfield (especially while SJ is out or on his way back - finished the VFL game on crutches!) Had a great NAB so far (only behind Neale in pp 100mins)
      Bennell is a gutsy pick - hopefully this is the year he goes bang.
      Overall good structure.
    15. Nick
      Nick
      I think the Hallahan pick is an astute one - they got him there for a reason, he'll play every game, won't get the heat and knows how to find the footy. For me its his awkward price that puts me off.
      I also like Steven but worried he'll be tagged out of too many games with no Hayes, Montags slowing down.
      I don't think B Smith or Shaw are worth the coin, but that's up to you.
      Fwd line bang on.

Your rookie selection is on point.
    16. Iain
      Iain
      On Laird he's scored 85 and 101 SC in the 2 NAB games so far, and i just picked him up in ORFFL.

Really just hoping he can average 80+ until I can figure out a decent upgrade for him
    17. Jason
      Jason
      Your structure could come unstuck if some of the DEF rookies you have named don't turn up for R1. There won't be a whole lot of other otpions to turn to by the looks. I'd suggest one less DEF rookie would be the way to go.

Do you think that both Deledio and Martin have upside this year?

I'm going a bit cold on Newton. Is awkwardly priced unfortunately. Treloar and Dangerfield won't be selections I make this year, but if they fire they should be PODs for you.
    18. Jason
      Jason
      Good team.

What will you do if Naitanui isn't named for R1?
    19. Iain
      Iain
      I just can't see much else in defence this year at the moment, and I guess my thinking is I'd rather have a 100k dud than a 400k dud. No faith at all in the majority of other more expensive options. Honestly I think whoever I pick down there I'll probably need to make a correction or two.

I think Lids has some good upside, while Martin I'm expecting to stay around the level he's at which still makes him worthwhile in my eyes.
    20. Iain
      Iain
      Nice looking side mate, my main concern would be Steven and whether you can see him realistically averaging around 110 or just making enough coin to be worthwhile for you