Rate My Team 2015 (2nd Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 15, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 15, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]So what happens if you take Ablett out of your SC team? I did decided to find out. This is what I came up with. I am not fully convinced yet, but not that unhappy with the results either.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]Perhaps there are enough DEF cheapies this year to swing a 4th into the mix. For my SC team's current structure I certainly hope so.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]I'm counting Smith/Gibson as DEF keepers, with Newnes/Higgins hopefully good enough to stay onfield all season and not miss out on too many points compared to other DEFs. 4 MID keepers plus a mid-pricer (Bontempelli) with a lot of upside, seems like the best way to splash the Ablett cash around at the moment. Finally 2 RUC keepers and[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]3 FWD keepers plus a fallen premium (Swan). That could amount to 14.5 keepers (optimistically), which I'm happy enough with for now.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]My bye structure is currently 8-11-11 which works OK. After R11, trade out 3 guys with a R12 bye for players with a R11 bye, then after R12 trade out 3 players with a R13 bye, etc. Should only have 8 missing due to byes on any given week, leaving two further slots at risk due to injured/dropped players.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]/Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT3.JPG
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]Just to repeat the ground rules for RMT:
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 15, 2015.

1. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Like the choices of McGovern and Sloane. Best thing is you have a strategy JPK.

Don't think I have seen Franklin in any team yet.
    2. Jason
      Jason
      Missed your team the first time sorry TiB.

I'm looking at Malceski and wanting to pick him. He stands out head and shoulders above the other DEF options. Will he score as well at GC? Probably. He might come into my team yet before R1. DEF line is good, although Goddard probably needs to be replaced. You might want to look at Kamdyn McIntosh.

de Goey hasn't done a lot in NAB to suggest that he is the next Dom Tyson. Would need to score like Dom Tyson did last year to be worth his initial price tag, which is too high for me.

Interesting ruck line. I was wondering if Naismith is slightly ahead of Nankervis in the pecking order? Last year that seemed to be the case.

Good FWD line, I like it except for Lennon.
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Camry-driving fruit tingle bastards. Except Brad Crouch, he's a gun.
    4. Jason
      Jason
      Have you gone all feng shui on us Terry? They don't give you bonus SC points for good yin and yang.
    5. weaze
      weaze
      yeah beams looks good so far
    6. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      He's a hurt gun at the moment.

Bit of a pasting in Adelaide today. Need to give our assistant coaches 20 year unbreakable contracts at Port. Just look around the AFL - long list.
    7. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Thank you Jason. Your reticence to have a poke at the plethora of mid-pricers is admirable.

The thing I have found with SC is that if you consider all to be too pricey and grab 'em when they drop, you can end up behind the 8 ball. I consider Malceski, Ablett, Beams and Gray as locks, despite some clouds. If you get them in now, you have a chance to upgrade to the breakaway players that usually pop up during the season. TiB logic, have to wait and see if it works.
    8. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      I'm having trouble swallowing atm.
    9. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Balance in a team all important. Yin +1SC, Yang +2SC.

Climb to the top of the mountain J.
    10. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Lol (at myself). And before you jump in J., equal points for balance AND strategy.
    11. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Wines>Crouch by a mile
    12. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Krak very unlikely to get a game for a while TiBby - was even left out of Magpies trial today due to soreness from last weeks NAB, which to me says he still hasn't quite got the conditioning for AFL yet
    13. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Wouldn't call it a pasting TiBby - Ken was trying quite a few interesting player position experiments (Boak playing off half back a fair bit/Hoff lining up in the middle a bit as well as wing and ruck/Broady getting a fair bit of mid time/and quite a bit more).

Camry's pretty much showed their hand today, whereas Port didn't extend themselves and didn't show their full game plan - 4 goal loss should've really been at least an 8 goal loss considering the constant experimentation.

Boak definitely right back in my calculations again.
      Robbie proved again that he's a lock.
      Ollie got a stack, but at times overdone the handball.
      Amon's ommission from the final 26 pretty much guarantees he'll be more a downgrade target at some stage during the season rather than in anyone's starting squad.
    14. Jason
      Jason
      At one point in the match Wines had 2 kicks and 17 handballs.
    15. J_C
      J_C
      I'm guessing 'just f***ing kick it!!' was heard somewhere around the ground at that point.
    16. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      thanks for the feedback on the game Bear
      Thought there might have been more to it than just 3-4 of our best 22 being out of it.
      What happened in the last 1/4, was that just our patented run-it-out or did the Crabs take the foot off?
    17. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      JPK - Hows Nic Nats fitness - will he hold down r2 when it matters ? As an overview the side looks to have a mid priced feel about it? As opposed to a set and forget Guns and lets upgrade the rookies feel. Only 9 or possibly 10 keepers ? Migt be a winning move - might not ??
    18. Jason
      Jason
      So after last night, how many new passengers do we have onboard the Bontempelli bandwagon?
    19. anthak
      anthak
      Pretty hard to avoid him now.
    20. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Has done the majority of the pre season bar playing in the first 2 nab games! Will be interesting to see how he goes today but Simpson was quoted as saying after today he will be 1 game away from being cherry ripe! They aren't going to play him in any wafl games so you could not start him and then trade him in in round 2 when he goes boom :p