Rate My Team 2015 (2nd Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 15, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 15, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]So what happens if you take Ablett out of your SC team? I did decided to find out. This is what I came up with. I am not fully convinced yet, but not that unhappy with the results either.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]Perhaps there are enough DEF cheapies this year to swing a 4th into the mix. For my SC team's current structure I certainly hope so.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]I'm counting Smith/Gibson as DEF keepers, with Newnes/Higgins hopefully good enough to stay onfield all season and not miss out on too many points compared to other DEFs. 4 MID keepers plus a mid-pricer (Bontempelli) with a lot of upside, seems like the best way to splash the Ablett cash around at the moment. Finally 2 RUC keepers and[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]3 FWD keepers plus a fallen premium (Swan). That could amount to 14.5 keepers (optimistically), which I'm happy enough with for now.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]My bye structure is currently 8-11-11 which works OK. After R11, trade out 3 guys with a R12 bye for players with a R11 bye, then after R12 trade out 3 players with a R13 bye, etc. Should only have 8 missing due to byes on any given week, leaving two further slots at risk due to injured/dropped players.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]/Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT3.JPG
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]Just to repeat the ground rules for RMT:
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Must be annoying for you to watch him go boom and then everyone jumps on. But at least it lets you say 'I told you so' :D
      Personally tho I'm still not starting him.
    2. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Question Bartel up or save the $ Bontles dwn ??
    3. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Wasn't against any easybeats either. Odd looking physique the kid has got. 'Fess up - I will take a longer look at him.
    4. Nick
      Nick
      Definitely staying with my current rookie mids in Ellis yolmen , cripps and heeney! All firmed perfectly for round 1. Add Newton and Vandenberg and that's the cream of the crop right there. Maybe Anderson too if he gets a game
    5. weaze
      weaze
      Mk 2 H2H after first round lol

Def- Simpson, Hodge ,Hibberd, Newnes, KK, Hamling, Dalgleish, Saad

Mid- Fyfe, Beams, Sloane, Sidey, Swan, NVB, Newton, Lambert, Heeney, Vandenburg, Miller

Rucks- Mcevoy, Bellchambers O'Brien

Fwd- Gray, Bartell, Martin, Clark, Saad, Hogan, Salem Karnezis

$105k leftover

Obviously rucks are an issue i'm not sold on any top rucks this year so looking for value
      Backs hopefully 1-2 upgrades
      Mids Swan fwd Selwood/Ablett?/Pendles whoever
      Fwds- 3 upgrades

feedback welcome 0 bye planning in this team
    6. anthak
      anthak
      thanks for the replies guys. I hadn't seen them before now.
      He had another good game today and seems to be travelling nicely.
      I just can't bring myself to put him in my side. theres others at a similar price that are probably better bets.

But he has had a good preseason. playing in defence and getting a lot of the ball.
    7. anthak
      anthak
      NicNat played 75% game time today. Seemed to do ok for a first game.
      Did anyone watch the game? Let us know how he looked...
    8. anthak
      anthak
      a few pods I haven't seen in many teams.

McEvoy is an interesting one, and a good choice I reckon. He has never really scored many pts from hitouts, so he may not see much of a drop in SC output.
      Bellchambers also could be good. clearly good value.

9. anthak
      anthak
      they will almost always drop in value, but you want them in the side for the points scoring abilities, not their value. You pay top $ for consistency.

That said, I'll prob not start with GAJ this year. Will he even play round 1 anyway?
    10. anthak
      anthak
      heres my team atm.
      Needs a bit of work i think. And obviously a lot will depend on round 1 teams.

Ive still got $240k in the bank, and I need to work out how to spend it wisely.

Anyways, its just a draft at this stage, but Id appreciate any feedback:

D: Smith, Newnes, Lumumba, Suckling, Dalgleish, Hamling (Goddard, Saad)
      M: Pendles, Fyfe, Swallow, SMitchell, Bontempelli, Newton, Cockatoo, Heeney (Boekhurst, Freeman, Miller)
      R: Mumford, NicNat (O'Brien)
      F: Bartel, Goddard, Martin, Swan, Clark, Karnezis (Hogan, Lonie)

Thanks
    11. weaze
      weaze
      @Anthak

Def- Lumumba didn't he have a similar role last year?
      Suckling Pod/awkward price but has upside
      Mids- Mitchell/swallow/bonts do you see them as top 6 in there pos
      Ruck-Injury/scoring /price 1 foot in each camp there both have big risk &amp; reward
      Fwds- Tick

Pretty solid side personally i'd up lumumba ditch both of mitchell/bonts for Nvb &amp; Prem

12. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      @ anthak

like the structure, no gaping holes.. a few question marks on players however.

Boekhurst was in my team until last night... After watching him play throughout the NAB hasnt sold me.. Think there is better value elsewhere.. Would prefer Cripps

SMitch: Dont believe he will be in the best mids come end of year.. I would spend the money you have left there and upgrade to a JPK, Sloane..

You have some big cohonas going for Mummy, NicNat in the ruck.. GOOD LUCK

Team as it stands:

B: Shaw, Newnes, Lumumba, Higgins, Dalgleish, Hamling (McIntosh, Saad)

M: Pendles,Fyfe,Sloane,Griffen,Neale, Newton, Cripps, Heeney, (VanDam, Ellis-Yolmen, Miller)

R: Mummy, Goldy (Read)

F: Gray, Dusty, Swan, 'THE BONT' (on the bandwagon), Clark, Hogan, (Karnezis, Lambert)

Personally think i may have gone too light in the backline but interested in your thoughts
    13. Nick
      Nick
      Sloane and Sidebum nice PODs, your structure itself is also a POD going for 3 'premium' defenders.

Personally I think your forward line is a little thin - I'd take some cash from the backline and upgrade one of them. However all your rookie choices are bang on.
    14. Nick
      Nick
      @Ant

I like your team, good structure and sound mixture of regulars and PODs, reducing that risk profile.

Being nit-picky - has Smith shown you enough to warrant selection?

On the Bont bandwagon I see, I can't seem to fit him in. Is it worth having him in the midfield line rather than the forward line?

For me Goldy > Mummy and Bartel > Goddard but that's just personal preference.

Have a look at Cam Ellis Yolman for your rookie midfield rather than Freeman or Boekhurst who I'm not sure will be in the frame for round 1.
    15. Nick
      Nick
      Solid team Spirio, quite similar to mine. Gone with the two 'hype' players of this pre season in Neale and The Bont, could be a make or break type of move.

You are light in defence, but I don't think there's value in many premiums so I'd agree with your reasoning.

Gold plated ruckline there too.
    16. Nick
      Nick
      My team at the moment...

Gibson has found his way in, based on NAB form and I think he'll be that link man with Frawley now in the team. Without Ablett now I actually found it hard to decide on the extra midfielder. Goldy has edged out Mummy, and I think Cripps and Newton are definitely worth the extra money. And after calling him 'fool's gold' the joke is on me as Salem comes in for Karnezis, who I haven't seen much from lately.

D: Gibson, Newnes, Lumumba, Higgins, Dalgleish, Hamling (Goddard, Saad)

M: Pendles, Fyfe, Selwood, Parker, Neale, Newton, Cripps, Heeney (VanDam, Ellis-Yolmen, Lambert(F))

R: Goldy, Bellchambers (O'Brien)

F: Gray, Bartel, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark (Hogan, Lonie)

Haven't looked at byes but I know I'll be rooted for round 12. May have to tinker for that

Still $70k spare which is a bit much...

17. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      love the Parker choice, looks as if he is continuing on from where he left off last year.. Forwards bang on.. Not convinced on Belcho..
    18. walesy
      walesy
      I have the Haus instead.

I already have Suckling in my team, can't curse too many Pointers. :D
    19. walesy
      walesy
      Ok guys, would love to gets some thoughts on my team before going into the vault until opening.

Simpson, Shaw, Hibberd, Newnes, Lumumba, Suckling (Dalgleish, Saad)

Pendlebury, Jelwood, Ward, [$221k], Cripps, Anderson, Heeney, CEY (Vandenberg, Miller, Lambert)

Mumford, Goldstein (McLaren)

DMartin, Bennell, Dahlhaus, Swan, Salem, Clark (Steele, Lamb)

Points of note: No Ablett
      Pods: Simpson, Shaw, Hibberd, Suckling, Ward, Dahlhaus - would love to hear thoughts on those guys.
      [$221k] - Can't figure this out yet. One of the $210k boys? Cockatoo/Duggan? Cheap and leave cash in the bank? Spend it on upgrading Ward?

Go! :D
    20. bgt2110
      bgt2110
      Interested to see the last couple of teams don't have Jed Anderson in them. I gather the Hawks played their 'full strength' team against the Saints and he managed to grab 15 possies and a few behinds.

Not sure why you wouldn't at least downgrade Newton to Anderson and try and upgrade Bellchambers who will score pretty poorly i think.