Rate My Team 2015 (2nd Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 15, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 15, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]So what happens if you take Ablett out of your SC team? I did decided to find out. This is what I came up with. I am not fully convinced yet, but not that unhappy with the results either.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]Perhaps there are enough DEF cheapies this year to swing a 4th into the mix. For my SC team's current structure I certainly hope so.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]I'm counting Smith/Gibson as DEF keepers, with Newnes/Higgins hopefully good enough to stay onfield all season and not miss out on too many points compared to other DEFs. 4 MID keepers plus a mid-pricer (Bontempelli) with a lot of upside, seems like the best way to splash the Ablett cash around at the moment. Finally 2 RUC keepers and[span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]3 FWD keepers plus a fallen premium (Swan). That could amount to 14.5 keepers (optimistically), which I'm happy enough with for now.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]My bye structure is currently 8-11-11 which works OK. After R11, trade out 3 guys with a R12 bye for players with a R11 bye, then after R12 trade out 3 players with a R13 bye, etc. Should only have 8 missing due to byes on any given week, leaving two further slots at risk due to injured/dropped players.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]/Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT3.JPG
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]Just to repeat the ground rules for RMT:
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      for me its because Anderson seems like the perfect vest candidate...
    2. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      Simpson hasnt had the best preseason but with walker out for an extended period of time it will be him and yaz bringing it out of the back. Should score well

Hibberd i assume is in there until the hearing..

Gone very light in the middle, if it were me id look at downgrading suckling and upgrading middle with 1 more premo

Really like the Dahlhaus choice. I think with a few dogs down he will spend more time in the middle.. Nice POD..

Cockatoo looks like a highlight reel, but i dont trust geelong kids, been burnt too much in the past (smedts, bews)

No Gray??? You have done the double no gray, no ablett.. interesting
    3. walesy
      walesy
      That's the risk.

He has been playing 80+% game time over the nab though.

Damn the Hawks team is good though. Hard to know who they'll vest.
    4. Len
      Len
      Not sure if your rookies are just place-holders, but if not Steele is unlikely to feature too much early on.. We were close to full strength yesterday and better players (currently) than him didn't make the side.
    5. walesy
      walesy
      Saad (50) + 500k mid (105 with upside)

vs

Suckling (85) + say, Newton (70)

So on field, it scores the same, but Newton brings in more consistant dollars than whatever scrub I bring in at D8 does.

I dunno, guess I'm just really hating the backline rookies.

And yeah, no Gray. No doubt he will score very well, but he's also priced to score very well! :D A calculated anti-pod.
    6. walesy
      walesy
      Steele or Lonie, pending on who's named. :)

Would prefer Steele over Lonie though.
    7. Jason
      Jason
      Some discussion amongst Carlton folks that Simpson is not going to be in the midfield rotations as much this year. A bit of a concern. Carrazzo looked good in NAB3.

Don't like the Dahlhaus selection, just don't see upside for him this year. Steele is a long shot for R1 right?

Needs more Bont and less Swan.

McLaren eh? Doesn't Read have the better loophole profile?

You might need to spend some more $$ when Lambert isn't named for R1. Some of the 221 at M4 might need to be spent on another M11.

Why not move Saad to MID bench and select Hamling or McIntosh? Opens up D/M link and covers the selection hole that Lambert is likely to fall into.

Who the hell knows on Hibberd. I prefer MJ in any case.
    8. Jason
      Jason
      You have most of my current team there. I have MJ and Gibson whereas you have Shaw and Neale. Don't like the Newton selection much. For a similar price but different line, Goodes is worth a look given your current DEF structure.

Lambert is not very likely to be named for R1, you'll need to have an alternate plan available for this if it occurs.
    9. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      i can see your logic.. fair enough
    10. Jason
      Jason
      DEF choices are almost identical to my current lineup I have MJ though whereas you have Dalgleish.

Change Goddard, he's not looking to be in the selection frame for R1.

Very unconvinced by the TBC R2 plan.

Your structure is driven by the Neale/Newton/Cripps selctions. I would suggest you only try for just Cripps from these three and pick another keeper for your DEF line instead.
    11. Jason
      Jason
      This post is getting pretty long again. I'll open up the final edition of RMT in a new thread.
    12. walesy
      walesy
      Don't tell me that on Simpson! The dude has been the very definition of consistent! :D

Dahlhaus fell away last season, but for the first 2/3rds, was one of the best in the business. Definite upside there.

Bonts- I just don't trust 2nd year players!

Read has a better profile in that he has a lot of Sunday games early, giving choice to your capitan, but where Read has 3 Friday night games up to the byes, McLaren only has 1.

Definiely confer on McIntosh. Will need to get him in, not sold on Hamling though. Certainly no more confident in him than Lambert. :D
    13. anthak
      anthak
      thanks for the feedback on my team.