Rate My Team 2015 (3rd Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 27, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 27, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Again the old thread was getting really long so time for a new one. Links to previous threads:
    RMT 1st edition
    RMT 2nd edition
    Who knows how many times I will change this again before R1 lockout arrives. I suspect the rookie-priced options will move around a bit. But I think I'm mostly happy with the keepers and 'almost-keepers'.
    Presently my bye structure is 7/10/13 which not what I want it to be. 8/11/11 would be much better. I will need to be careful with early upgrades to be sure to improve this position. But it's not impossible to improve the balance before R11, so I'm happy enough for now. What does your bye structure look like?
    Who else is onboard the various bandwagons of some of the players in my team below?
    /Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT4.JPG
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='background: #fcfcfc;]Just to repeat the ground rules for RMT:
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Jason
      Jason
      Make sure you have an opinion about the other cheap options on each line for when teams are announced. You may need to make last-minute adjustments because some of Goddard-Dalgleish-Steele-Karnezis-Lambert aren't named for R1. To avoid panic selections, you should do some research into the other cheap options before tomorrow night.
    2. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      $277k is way too much cash too be holding IMO.....that's a bucket load of points just sitting there doing nothing. Like Jason says I think there are way too many mid-pricers.....I think McCarthy to Swan is a good move
    3. Jason
      Jason
      How many of your team do you realistically expect will be keepers for you at the end (assuming they do not get injured)?

Looking with a glass-half-full the best I could suggest would be Hodge-Newnes-GAJ-Pendlebury-Fyfe-Ward-Dangerfield-Goldstein-Gray-Bennell. The rest of your selections are mid-pricers and you would have to be lucky for any of these guys to score at premium level for their position.

10 keepers would mean a lot of upgrade trades will be required for the remaining 12 on-field positions.
    4. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Think Steele is a risk Tomster, would use your spare cash to turn Steele into Salem and start him on the ground instead of Hogan. Tough to get the rest of the cash to get NicNat for Bellend, could run with two back rookies on the ground but then that carries obvious risk as well
    5. Jason
      Jason
      If you think Bellchambers is worth having on field, why not put him in your FWD line and pick another R2? I personally won't be selecting Bellchambers, but given that you are - why not set up the DPP link?
    6. stripey
      stripey
      Thanks Jason, you are right of course but stubborn me has really wanted Sheed right throughout my planning... i think he ultimately will have to be cut from the team as i cant ignore any of the other mid rookies.
    7. Jason
      Jason
      I'm running with Cripps and Salem, but I have drawn the line there. Not saying that you can't select some top-price rookies, but 5 is a lot.
    8. Jason
      Jason
      Before teams start to drop, my current squad is now:

Gibson, Johnson, Newnes, Lumumba, Higgins, McIntosh (Oxley, Hamling)
      Pendlebury, Fyfe, Kennedy, Griffen, Cripps, Anderson, Heeney, Ellis-Yolmen (Miller, Saad, Lambert)
      Mumford, Goldstein (McLaren)
      Gray, Deledio, Bartel, Bontempelli, Salem, Clark (Lonie, Lamb)

9. stripey
    10. Jason
    11. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Don't mind that team at all Jason although for me I just can't go with Higgins but if you're confident he can produce and stay injury free then all good. I currently have only 4 premo mids but am uncomfortable with it and am currently doing all I can to turn mine into a 5 premo mid......4 is just looking too light on for my liking
    12. stripey
      stripey
      i see why you had to drop O'Brien.. :)

I've thrown Brown in for a bit more certainty in defense after last years carnage with rookie defenders about three rounds in.. Georgio anyone??

Nice team though, I like you have the DPP link already in place.
    13. snoz
      snoz
      I would drop sunshine, and keep Sheed......Cam Mc could be great next year, but not for SC this year. Sheed is a great smokey....
    14. snoz
      snoz
      Agreed on Steele; I'm guessing wont be named Rd1 but on the off chance he is, sub vest. Great player, but not yet.
    15. snoz
      snoz
      Jase......loving this squad mate: BUT Harry &amp; Higgins......one or the other, not both. My vote is Lumber off as fast as you can......KK/Doch perhaps instead.

With the team looking this good, would be a shame if the two H's brought it down. I know you want Harry, but I'm warning you.....
    16. Jason
      Jason
      I'll consider myself warned. :)

They are both at new clubs with new roles. I'm not as worried as others about the past.

If they spud it and I need a correction trade or two, so be it.
    17. snoz
      snoz
      Higgs I'll live with, in fact its an inspired pick............but 3 NAB games at a new club doesn't undo 7 years of meh for Harry.
    18. stripey
      stripey
      appreciate the insight simon, sunshine has morphed into Swanny... and Harry into McIntosh, Rocky to Fyfe and Sheed to Griffen... a much better structure allround

I love the word on Sheed, but havent convinced myself he will produce the numbers required for his price. Cripps is def the better option based on value.
    19. maxweas
      maxweas
      Hi Guys,

Works been crazy (how dare they, don't they know it SC time!) so trying to put together a team on the fly.

B: Simpson, Newnes, Harry O, Goodes, H Goddard, McIntosh (Saad, Hamling)
      M: Ablett, Pendles, Fyfe, Selwood, Sloane, Cripps, Heeney, Ellis-Yolmen (Anderson, Vandenberg, Lambert)
      R: Goldie, NicNat (O'Brien)
      F: Gray, Martin, Swan, Bont, Clarke, Hogan (Lonie, Krakouer)
      Cash: $35k.

Have been playing around F4 a bit - Bont vs Bellchambers/Lycett (opening DPP with O'Brien)

Would love feedback