Rate My Team 2015 (3rd Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 27, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 27, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Again the old thread was getting really long so time for a new one. Links to previous threads:
    RMT 1st edition
    RMT 2nd edition
    Who knows how many times I will change this again before R1 lockout arrives. I suspect the rookie-priced options will move around a bit. But I think I'm mostly happy with the keepers and 'almost-keepers'.
    Presently my bye structure is 7/10/13 which not what I want it to be. 8/11/11 would be much better. I will need to be careful with early upgrades to be sure to improve this position. But it's not impossible to improve the balance before R11, so I'm happy enough for now. What does your bye structure look like?
    Who else is onboard the various bandwagons of some of the players in my team below?
    /Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT4.JPG
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='background: #fcfcfc;]Just to repeat the ground rules for RMT:
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Jason
      Jason
      Similar comments to some of the teams above.
      I don't like the Leuenberger selection, or the van Berlo one. I'd downgrade NVB to a cheaper rookie and upgrade Leuenberger to a better ruck option.
      Your structure exposes 2 DEF rookies and 3 FWD rookies on the field, which I also don't like much.
      Lambert has not been named for R1.
    2. Jason
      Jason
      Pretty standard sort of structure, no major issues. Langford will be a POD for you for sure. I don't see Goodes getting an extended run for the Dogs, but he might hang around long enough to make some $$$ for you.

Vandenberg still needs an upgrade at this stage.
    3. Fitzy
      Fitzy
      What role do you think Goodes will play? Any chance his big body could be used as an inside midfielder and take over Libba's role of sorts...???
    4. Jason
      Jason
      He will play midfield if he plays at all.
    5. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      your view on Goodes JS has won me over after I was intially quite keen Jase

depending on Thursday teams I may end up punting on someone like VanBerlo who should hopelfully have strong JS (compared to Goodes) and a decent chance of avoiding the vest

with a 4-1-6 midfield (at the moment) with Cripps and VanBerlo as high priced rookies being realistic if VB can be scoring at M7/M8 levels (ie70) in the early rounds I will be happy and if he surprises as the 6th highest scorer ahead of Cripps I will be stoked

6. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      OK guys.....made some significant changes since I posted my team here 2 days ago (above) and would love some comments. I do realise I am a bit skinny at the back but I reckon what it has enabled me to do on other lines will far outweigh it.....saying that however tear it to shreds!!

DEF: H. Shaw, J. Kelly, J. Newnes, B. Goodes, N. Brown, A. Saad (K. McIntosh, A. Oxley)
      MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, L. Parker, R. Griffen, C. Ellis-Yolmen, P. Cripps, I. Heeney, (T. Miller, J. Anderson, A. Vandenberg )
      RUC: T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui (T. Read)
      FWD: R. Gray, B. Deledio, D. Swan, M. Bontempelli, C. Salem, M. Clark (J. Hogan, T. Lamb)
      CASH LEFT: $21,800
    7. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      What's the $93k ITB for?
    8. TheTassieHawk
    9. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      After making some changes last night here is how my team is currently looking, with ownership %s and Bye Rounds listed

DEFENCE
      16.4% &#160;Malceski,12
      21.8% &#160;Shaw, H,13
      &#160; 7.8% &#160;Hibberd,12
      27.8% &#160;Newnes,12
      47.5% &#160;Saad, Adam,12
      17.2% &#160;McIntosh,11
      22.0% &#160;Brown, N,12
      11.7% &#160;Hamling,11

MIDFIELD,
      40.2% &#160;Ablett,12
      30.7% &#160;Pendlebury,12
      23.2% &#160;Selwood,13
      11.3% &#160;Swallow, A,13
      34.5% &#160;Cripps,11
      25.5% &#160;van Berlo,11
      40.0% &#160;Heeney,12
      34.8% &#160;Ellis-Yolmen,11
      27.0% &#160;Anderson,11
      14.7% &#160;Miller,12
      40.7% &#160;Lambert**,11

FORWARD LINE,
      46.3% &#160;Gray,13
      40.2% &#160;Martin, D,11
      47.0% &#160;Swan,12
      24.0% &#160;Bontempelli,11
      62.8% &#160;Clark,13
      32.0% &#160;Salem,13
      &#160; 7.4% &#160;Lonie,12
      41.8% &#160;Hogan,13

RUCKMEN,
      18.6% &#160;Goldstein,13
      &#160; 6.8% &#160;Sandilands,12
      &#160; 5.2% &#160;O'Brien,11

** Pending a late Rd1 callup and comparing to other rookies who are named in the forwards.

Before the rookie shuffle (if required) my bye split is currently 10/12/8 so definitely a bit light on for Rd13 BYES.

As the team has been mostly based on a cookie cutter I will take a look at NM, GWS, Port Adelaide,WCE, Geelong and Melbourne players tomorrow and might shuffle in a Rd13 bye premo or midpricer (if there are any) as a POD.

Cheers TTH
    10. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      solid at first glance

what are you hoping kelly will score and are there any other alternatives at D2?

parker broke out last year, not sure how he is priced but what are you expecting from him average wise?

trade well and I am sure you will smash it
    11. Jason
      Jason
      Ownership numbers have changed a bit since those that you have quoted above TTH, very fluid at the moment. Most of the popular selections have risen around 4-5%.
    12. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      i wouldnt pick both minson and ryder, if you want minson bring ryder later on as an upgrade or sideways if his number stack up

5-1-4 in the mids is interesting, can you strengthen DEF or FWD much if you downgrade one of Beams, Parker, Swallow and restructure slightly

13. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      if GAJ was 100 per cent then I would back in your 4-7 structure but mm might be right

i dont mind the bartel and lewis picks, hopefully they both fire on Monday arvo and help you jump the field
    14. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Cheers TTH.

Hoping Kelly will average a solid 90, Birchall, Enright, Murphy some of the other choices, I could nearly squeeze Hodge in but he's bound to miss games.

I see Parker as someone is still on a upward curve and can realistically average 115-120 this year
    15. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      indicative only to help me spot my PODs Jase

you would certainly hope people are making changes today and after Rd1 teams
    16. traviso
      traviso
      Worried about your back line. Reading Jase's thoughts about goods playing time and seeing the Tigers backline. Who goes out for Astbury when he's back next week? McIntosh or Batchelor? (i've got him too) Oxley is no guarantee either?
    17. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Latest version of WHOLETTHEBEARIN

Gibson, Hibberd, Rance, Newnes, Lumumba, Saad (McIntosh, Hamling)
      Selwood, Beams, Lewis, Griffen, Cripps, Cockatoo, Ellis-Yoleman, Miller (Heeney, Vandenberg, Lambert)
      Goldstein, Naitanui (McLaren)
      Gray, Bartel, Martin, Bontempelli, McCarthy, Clarke (Hogan, Lonie)
      $59k left
    18. Jason
      Jason
      Not bad Bear.

I think you could find a better option than McCarthy, he is a KPP in a team that is going to struggle to win games.
    19. traviso
      traviso
      sticking with lambert?
    20. thokash
      thokash
      Tough question I'm sure everyone is thinking about, simple poll:

TU: Lambert IN
      TD: Lambert OUT