Rate My Team 2015 (3rd Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 27, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 27, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Again the old thread was getting really long so time for a new one. Links to previous threads:
    RMT 1st edition
    RMT 2nd edition
    Who knows how many times I will change this again before R1 lockout arrives. I suspect the rookie-priced options will move around a bit. But I think I'm mostly happy with the keepers and 'almost-keepers'.
    Presently my bye structure is 7/10/13 which not what I want it to be. 8/11/11 would be much better. I will need to be careful with early upgrades to be sure to improve this position. But it's not impossible to improve the balance before R11, so I'm happy enough for now. What does your bye structure look like?
    Who else is onboard the various bandwagons of some of the players in my team below?
    /Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT4.JPG
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='background: #fcfcfc;]Just to repeat the ground rules for RMT:
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 27, 2015.

1. snoz
      snoz
      Kash......we still need VDB to be elevated, and for me anyway, I think Newton is over priced fools gold (although I am wrong a lot of the time).

For his money, if you are going over 200k, then Cripps is a far better investment.
    2. tobes_123
      tobes_123
      Strong outfit there jason... i recently had deledio in my fwd but changed him to martin after the weekend...his preseason has been strong and with his match winning capabilities i hes only gonna step up again from last season and hes $20000 cheaper
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Martin is a SC tease. There is a reason Deledio is a bit more pricey, he is a bit better for SC.
    4. snoz
      snoz
      Time for sNoZ to stick his neck out - (gulp)

DEF: BSmith/Gibson/Hibberd/Newnes/Kolo/Brown (Hamling &amp; Saad)

MID: Rocky/Pendles/Fyfe/Danger/Wines/Cripps/JAnderson/Heeney (Vandenberg, Miller &amp; Lambert)

RCK: Minson/NN (cox)

FWD: Goddard/Martin/Swan/Salem/Clark/Hogan (Lonie &amp; Daniel)

** Only took GAJ out today which helped improve a mid (freeman to cripps) &amp; a def (docherty to Gibson) but hate the hole he leaves :(
    5. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      @ simonoz

your structure is solid just a few question marks on personnel

dont you think Rocky's scoring will be affected by the arrival of beams and co??? i think there is better value elsewhere..

Goddard is the other one i can see... maybe dids (refer to jasons comments) or gray would be a better fit...
    6. walesy
      walesy
      Nothing wrong with having all 4 of them- so long as they're all playing. :D
    7. walesy
      walesy
      Browny was implying the other day that Rocky would be spending more time up forward.

Not sure the effect that it will have on his scoring, but was enough for me to balk on his big price tag.

Great to have if he maintains it though due to captain's choice!
    8. Iain
      Iain
      Wouldn't CEY just replace Crouch while he's injured Terry?

I wouldn't have thought it would affect Danger much either way
    9. DannyG
      DannyG
      Nice team Jason. Perhaps you could move Sadd into the backline to allow room for Lambert, Anderson or Kraks if named R1.
    10. Jason
      Jason
      But then I wouldn't have DPP link, which was kind of the point.
    11. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Think Walsh is preparing his midfield for the future 'after Danger era' by planning to use him up forward more this season.
      CEY has earnt his spot in the best 22 on the strength of his pre-season, regardless of where Danger plays or Crouch's injury - he'll be there come round 1 no worries.
    12. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Couldn't you look to trade into those links come culling time J-Dog???
      Saad could become one of those rooks retained for the season even if only on the bench like we had with Langford last year
    13. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Krak won't play round 1 - Port have Trengove, Hartlett and Wingard to bring into the side (and possibly Ryder and Monfries pending the anti-doping tribunal) - Krak waasn't picked in the 26 for NAB3, and was in fact left out of the Port SANFL trial game due to 'soreness'............no chance to be selected in round 1!!!
    14. Gottabegold
      Gottabegold
      Thanks mate, you are right, I am being optimistic on the chances of a few, definitely some food for thought. Like I said, I'd still like to get Gibson in and Ryder for the Fwd/Ruck switch, so that might even the ledger a bit if I can manage it. My thinking is, aside from Malceski and maybe Gibson and Shaw, the best defenders will only score around 85 and I don't see a lot of value around that top bunch, in fact I think most of them will drop in value due to age etc. If Swallow was still available back there I'd be all over him, but it seems maybe Hibberd the only one in the top bracket that is on the up, but then theres the ASADA thing..Gibsons form pre-season is good, and in a gun side with the addition of Frawley, think he is the main one with value in the top bracket
    15. Gottabegold
      Gottabegold
      Also banking on Thomas getting back to his old ways after a season at the blues, although haven't seen much of him in NAB, so I'm wavering there. Tex looked super fit on the weekend and I reckon he's the kind of bloke to relish captaincy, I've more confidence he will explode
    16. Jason
      Jason
      Melbourne have developed and are now implementing a 'keepings off' game plan across the backline. SC scores REALLY like that stuff. I don't imagine that enough of the Dees have the skill level required to execute it enough of the time, but hey as long as they are trying it out, I'm good with it.
    17. Senator96
      Senator96
      Good reading as its now time to get into SC mode! Is there anywhere to find all the preseason scores from players as I didnt see any of it.

18. Jason
      Jason
      The Hun website has the scores from each match under SuperCoachNews.
    19. Jason
      Jason
      I could, but what if I should need the link before then?

Also, I expect that we will see more new MID rookies come up through the year rather than other lines. Having the DDP link already in place helps in this case, can trade out a DEF rookie who has mooed, activate DPP and bring in another MID rookie.
    20. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault