Rate My Team 2015 (3rd Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 27, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 27, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Again the old thread was getting really long so time for a new one. Links to previous threads:
    RMT 1st edition
    RMT 2nd edition
    Who knows how many times I will change this again before R1 lockout arrives. I suspect the rookie-priced options will move around a bit. But I think I'm mostly happy with the keepers and 'almost-keepers'.
    Presently my bye structure is 7/10/13 which not what I want it to be. 8/11/11 would be much better. I will need to be careful with early upgrades to be sure to improve this position. But it's not impossible to improve the balance before R11, so I'm happy enough for now. What does your bye structure look like?
    Who else is onboard the various bandwagons of some of the players in my team below?
    /Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT4.JPG
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='background: #fcfcfc;]Just to repeat the ground rules for RMT:
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 27, 2015.

1. 82asch
      82asch
      There is a lot of Gibson and/or Suckling in teams. Any thoughts on how Birchall's return might affect scoring.
    2. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      Looks like Ablett no longer has a place in teams. Will that change if he is named round 1?

Even though his scoring output 'may', and I emphasise may because this is Ablett, be limited for the first couple of rounds surely it is a wasted trade at some point.

Thoughts?
    3. Iain
      Iain
      It's only a wasted trade if the player you have selected instead of Gaz isn't a keeper, otherwise it's the same amount of trades used just probably more expensive cash-wise
    4. Jason
      Jason
      Ablett is currently in 45% of teams.
    5. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Gibson mostly plays 3rd man up so I still think he will score nicely.
    6. TerryinBangkok
    7. Jason
      Jason
      Not mid-priced though Terry - what is going on?

:)
    8. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Waadya mean? He's a mid and he's certainly priced.
    9. Senator96
      Senator96
      Cheers PL that was just what I was after!

Jason I noticed you dont have Minson. I had him last year (and paid a premium for the privalege) his scores were pretty average then to make matters worse he got dropped for SC prelim final week when there was all that other kaos going on. This year he comes a lot cheaper and I'm tempted to go with him at R2 with mumford. Do you think his scoring his likely to improve with a new coach or better options? Not sure if he'll be rucking mainly solo or if there'll be the timeshare thing with someone like Campbell.
    10. anthak
      anthak
      Nice. Lots of bargains.
    11. Jason
      Jason
      The picture isn't really that clear. Minson was robbed of preseason last year and didn't ever really reach full fitness or form. Has trained solidly this preseason though.

Will doesn't really get possessions around the ground, it's never been his thing. So for SC he either gets the hitout or he gets nothing. His hitout-to-advantage stats aren't in the top echelon (although Campbell's are) so he might come a cropper under the new ruck scoring. Enough uncertainty for me to look elsewhere for 2015.

There could be value based on being more fit. He dominated against Grundy something like 50 hitouts to 22 in NAB3 for instance. But how many of those were to advantage, not really sure.
    12. willy
      willy
      im with you Gottabegold GAJ is a must
    13. willy
      willy
      Here goes my first proper draft this season

Backs - Burgoyne, H.Shaw, Newnes, Lumumba, N.Brown (pies), H.Goddard, (Dalgleish, A.Saad)

Mids - GAJ, Pendles, Fyfe, N.Jones, Danger, Cripps, Rich, NVB, (Ellis Yolmen, J Anderson, Steele)

Rucks - NicNat, Berger (Cox)

Fwds - Lids, Swan, Ryder, Clark, Karnezis, Hogan (Saad, Lambert)

75k Left over
    14. weaze
      weaze
      @willy
      backs- would be worried about browns scoring history other than that good
      Mids- Jones will score well but not top shelf imo. Rich awkward price
      Rucks- Burgs/ NN both injury prone ryder helps with that
      Fwds- may need one more prem

i would trade rich for rook up jones/danger to another fwd/mid
    15. Jason
      Jason
      What has Leuenberger done to impress you during the off-season?

Brown averaged less than 50 for the past 3 years. Yes he is cheap but if he again averages 50 you won't make all that much money and you won't want him onfield most weeks Better options elsewhere. Take a look at Kamdyn McIntosh.
    16. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      The only difference between Brown and someone like Hamling is their price. Both aren't going to score much. At least Brown has job security.

I'd be more concerned with Goddard and a few other rookies that look doubtful for R1.

As for Leuey, best SC/TOG score of anyone who played 3 NAB games. Very positive.
    17. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      didnt Leuy get a decent late game scaling up for kicking the winner in one of the games ?? i would be subtracting 30-40 points off his scoring for one of the games and seeing how that affects his SC/TOG numbers as it might be a very big hit if he has limited TOG
    18. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      @Willy- I think Burgoyne may be a concern this year, a long with a few of the Hawks older players, not because of their scoring but because they will be managed with the amount of games they get due to them needing to give younger players a crack before the old blokes retire.

I may be wrong but am steering clear personally for this reason.

And agree with weaze may be a bit light on in the fwds
    19. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      Maybe need one more high mid price/premo in the forward line, maybe a bit light on at the moment.

Other than that looks good, perhaps Rockliff may not be worth that coin, personally think he is overpriced at the moment.
    20. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      Here's my team, it's changing constantly at the moment, rookies need some work.

DEF: Shaw, Gibbo, Newnes, Lumumba, Dalgleish, Saad (Hamling, Maynard)
      MID: GAJ, Fyfe, Selwood, Lewis, Cripps, Anderson, Heeney, Vandenberg (ellis-yolmen, freeman, lambert)
      RUCK: Goldy, NicNat (O'brien)
      FWD: Gray, Buddy, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark (hogan, lonie)

Still have 162,500 at the moment and want to strengthen defenders.