Rate My Team 2015 (3rd Edition)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 27, 2015.

By Jason on Mar 27, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Again the old thread was getting really long so time for a new one. Links to previous threads:
    RMT 1st edition
    RMT 2nd edition
    Who knows how many times I will change this again before R1 lockout arrives. I suspect the rookie-priced options will move around a bit. But I think I'm mostly happy with the keepers and 'almost-keepers'.
    Presently my bye structure is 7/10/13 which not what I want it to be. 8/11/11 would be much better. I will need to be careful with early upgrades to be sure to improve this position. But it's not impossible to improve the balance before R11, so I'm happy enough for now. What does your bye structure look like?
    Who else is onboard the various bandwagons of some of the players in my team below?
    /Portals/0/Users/222/74/4574/RMT4.JPG
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;][span style='background: #fcfcfc;]Just to repeat the ground rules for RMT:
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback,your post will be deleted.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.
    <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; color: #444444; background: #fcfcfc;]4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Jason
      Jason
      Stevens busted his wrist in the collision that knocked out Josh Prudden during NAB1. Hasn't been in contact drills since, needs to build fitness at this point in time.

JJ copped a heavy concussion in NAB3 and may also need to miss R1.
    2. HotPiesColdDrinks
      HotPiesColdDrinks
      Cheers.

I haven't played around too much with the rookies, I have put in some of the ones I like, but most of them will be interchangeable with other rookies when teams for round 1 are named. I figured Krakouer may be a downgrade option later on, though I do like the idea of turning him into Lambert and Lonie in the middle.

The only other mid pricer I had was Van Berlo earlier on, but changed him to a pure rookie. Freeman had a lot of hype during the pre-season which is why I had him but didn't set the world on fire in the NAB cup. I'm not sure which way to go, but Cripps is definitely an option, it's just a matter of whether Freeman is the one that makes way for him.
      I also think Jed Anderson will be good, but in the Hawks side, I worry he may be the guy that gets the vest a lot.
    3. weaze
    4. boydshow
      boydshow
      What is this, tooserious.westernbulldogs.com.au? :D

I agree with Jason, we will go taller under Bevo. I don't think Hamling needs to be ahead of Talia to get a game. Goodes is 50/50, and may not last beyond Clay Smith's return
    5. insider
      insider
      current team has 8 / 12 / 10 on byes, however week 2 sees 6 midfielders having a rest. What do the thumbs have to say - Thumbs up for no dramas plenty of trades to fine tune by round 12, Thumbs down for a touch worrisome and maybe shuffle things around
    6. weaze
      weaze
      would depend if they are rooks or keepers and if you plan on trading in some rd 11 bye players
    7. Jason
      Jason
      8/11/11 would be perfect. You're not far off that at present. You will make plenty of trades between now and R11. Don't change your initial squad just because of this.
    8. anthak
      anthak
      Thumbs please...

:thumbs-up: Cockatoo &amp; Goldstein
      :thumbs-down: Cripps &amp; Lobbe
      ??
      Thanks
    9. donkey_kong
      donkey_kong
      obviously only going lobbe if ryder is out?
    10. insider
      insider
      Thanks Jason cheers
    11. insider
      insider
      4 definite keepers, + 1 hopeful keeper. 3 rookies on field, 3 rookies on bench
    12. insider
      insider
      im a big lobbe fan but with the inclusion of ryder it really is an unknown. 2 big a risk in my opinion (for what thats worth)
    13. anthak
      anthak
      Yeah, that was always the plan. I'm starting to think that suspensions are probably likely. Not sure why.
    14. HotPiesColdDrinks
      HotPiesColdDrinks
      TU = Option 1
      TD = Option 2

Griffen and Salem or Wells and Martin (don't think I'd be using Wells as a keeper unless he was to keep a 100+ average)

Option 1
      Midfield - Pendlebury, Fyfe, Selwood, Sloane, GRIFFEN
      Forward - Goddard, Franklin, Swan, SALEM

Option 2
      Midfield - Pendlebury, Fyfe, Selwood, Sloane, WELLS
      Forward - Goddard, Franklin, Swan, MARTIN
    15. anthak
      anthak
      I like your defense.
      Your mid line is fairly strong, but I think you have too many expensive rookies and mid pricers. Maybe look at some cheaper rookies to be able to upgrade a midpricer.
      I don't think Leuenberger will be any good in SC this season, but I could easily be wrong. His price is ok.
      Even though I'm not myself, it's good to see you're sticking with GAJ :)

16. willy
      willy
      Team was

Backs - Gibson, H.Shaw, Newnes, Lumumba, N.Brown (pies), H.Goddard, (Dalgleish, A.Saad)

Mids - GAJ, Pendles, Fyfe, Danger, Cripps, Rich, Wells, NVB, (Ellis Yolmen, J Anderson, Steele)

Rucks - NicNat, Berger (Cox)

Fwds - Lids, Buddy, Ryder, Clark, Karnezis, Hogan (Saad, Lambert)

Team now

Backs - Gibson, H.Shaw, Newnes, Lumumba, N.Brown (pies), H.Goddard, (Dalgleish, A.Saad)

Mids - GAJ, Pendles, Fyfe, Danger, Cripps, Rich, Wells, NVB, (Ellis Yolmen, J Anderson, Steele)

Rucks - NicNat Jacobs (Cox)

Fwds - Lids, Bont, Swan, Clark, Karnezis, Hogan (Saad, Lambert)

Thoughts
    17. Jason
      Jason
      Brown -> Goodes
      Rich+NVB -> better premium + cheaper rookie
    18. GaryReal
      GaryReal
      Jason whats your theory on mitchwallis? Can he average 100?
    19. Jason
      Jason
      He possibly could, but I'm not expecting that sort of output. That would be amazing.

I am expecting mid-80s. The occasional higher score when he can kick a few goals from midfield, balanced by games where his focus is more on stopping than creating.
    20. Paxman
      Paxman
      I'd agree with Jason and swap Brown out for Goodes - just has more potential for decent 80+ scores
      Can't quite get NVB into the team, low cap for scores
      Otherwise balance looks good