Rate My Team 2016 - NAB edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 27, 2016.

By Jason on Feb 27, 2016 at 9:11 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

So we've had a chance to see something of each team through the first round of NAB challenge matches. Always remember to take pre-season form with grain of salt!

A bit of a worrying trend has emerged - we may have a lack of DEF and FWD rookies to choose from by the time round 1 rolls around. Fingers crossed that some decent cash cows on these lines present themselves! Some cause for concern for all those SC teams who have loaded up on expensive MID players, because that sort of team structure may not be sustainable with this few DEF or FWD rookies.

I'm not convinced that either Collins or Adams will be selected by the Western Bulldogs for R1. Would be great for all SC teams if they did, but not looking likely at this stage. Petracca still in cotton wool is also getting more doubtful for R1 by the day.

Here's my current SC team:
    Capture.JPG

I'm running Mills-free for now, because keeping him would mean downgrading one of my starting keepers to a mid-pricer and I'm not currently convinced on enough of the mid-price options to take that structure.

Probably plenty of changes yet to be made though, particularly as the cash cow situation becomes clearer. But I'm getting more and more comfortable with the starting keepers.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)

2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted.:mad:

3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule.:cool:

4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 27, 2016.

1. walesy
      walesy
      So, there's been a radical rethink of my team. Lets hope these shallow DEF rookies can do the job! :D

upload_2016-3-10_9-45-52.png

[​IMG]
    2. Jason
      Jason
      Can't say this is an improvement on your previous version.
      Bonner and Hibberd will need to become players who are actually in danger of playing R1.
    3. walesy
      walesy
      what if I drop Kennedy to a jobber and turn Ward into Fyfe? :D

Bonner will be someone, but I like Mitchell for the DP link with bartke.

Really hating the midfield rookie options at the moment,
    4. God Yeah
      God Yeah
    5. Jason
      Jason
      BenKen didn't impress me much during NAB2, I usually want to see more if I'm going to pay over 150k for a rookie.

I don't think DPP is that important early, wouldn't be taking a donut rookie option from the outset just to set up DPP. Sure it's nice to have, but not essential.
    6. walesy
      walesy
      It more a case of prefering to field the backline rookies over their Mid counterparts.

Also, with the Bombers and their playing R3's, brings the loophole back into play early days. :D
      • Like Like x 1
    7. God Yeah
      God Yeah
      Let me know what you think - Similar themes to the suggestions already posted but would love the opinions of others to pick up on the mistakes I may have made. $218K to play with

upload_2016-3-11_15-45-28.png
    8. God Yeah
      God Yeah
      Valid points and something I has not thought of
    9. Jason
      Jason
      Spending more than $150k on a rookie who takes up a bench position is not a good idea in my opinion. See if you can find a way to restructure your rookies to get all 10 bench spots filled with cheaper options.
      • Like Like x 2
    10. walesy
      walesy
      Suprised not to see Kerridge in there?
    11. walesy
      walesy
      Ward is consistant- love how he goes about it in an up and coming side. I feel that he is very safe.

Dea, if he's named, I reckon will have the same output as Brown and Hartley- who are both locky locks. While a little more expensive, should still be secure in the lineup and have decent scores.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Pete 01
      Pete 01
      Hi guys, i'm new at this so sorry if it's not right...

God Yeah: I like your team. There seems to be just a bit too much midprice/expensive rookies in there though. I can see why you've gone with most of them but i think it's risky...Maybe closer to Rd1 and teams being named if you can find a couple of cheaper rookies to bring in, you could then upgrade some of those midpricers..? High risk/high reward i guess :)

Walesy: Pretty ballsy stuff :) I'm not sold on the back line though. I tried something similar last year and crashed and burned so hopefully you have better luck than i did! I'm a cats fan and love Jimmy but the constant throwing him around the ground has affected his scores and i'm not sure of his upside. I'd rather see Duncan in there - he's a jet - of course you'd have to toss ward or rocky and get another gun in your backline...

So here's my team, would love some feedback. Cheers guys. Love the site!

upload_2016-3-11_20-13-53.png
    13. Len
      Len
      I like this team a lot, some risk and some base stability, would probably not have Kennedy in my team, but rookies are a bit meh till R1 teams are named.
    14. Pete 01
      Pete 01
      Thanks Len.
    15. RPritch
      RPritch
      Your team looks pretty damn good atm Pete.
      Firstly, I'm glad that you're a Cats fan and you think Duncan is a jet and a viable SC option since he's one of my main POD's.
      Other than that, Kerridge will definitely have to start on the ground come Rd 1, in everyone's team who's having a crack. Maybe 3 out of Wells, Mills, Kennedy and Menzel will do rather than all 4 and one of them down to a cheaper rookie for the bench would save up some useful cash. Zac Smith is obviously a big POD and you probably have a better idea than me on how he'll go as a Cats fan. Not one I'll have but hope he does well for you.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. RPritch
      RPritch
      Sam Kerridge and Michael Hartley are the only two you don't have I strongly suggest you pick up, otherwise it's up to you. Uncertain about the selection of Ah Chee, better options around in M.Crouch and even Wells or De Goey as mid/fwds
    17. walesy
      walesy
      Solid looking team mate, only 2 issues.

1. D. Menzel. BIG risk. Might pay off in spades, or he might cop another unlucky break- but if that does happen, you do have the flexibility to trade him down to a performing rookie if needs be.

2. Cox AND Grimley. You don't need both of them- there should be a better option for the F8 position, and the DPP is something that you'll never use

Apart from that, solid squad.
      • Like Like x 2
    18. RPritch
      RPritch
      Remember when I was asking about your selections of JJ and Sheridan? JJ has really looked the goods since, even though it is just NAB. Might even sneak him into my own team
      • Like Like x 3
    19. providore
      providore
      beware gibbo had good scores last preseason as well ... when the real stuff started he had far more accountable roles and less freedom; having said that, his upside is huge if he's let off the leash on a regular basis - probably a top 3 defender
    20. Penske file
      Penske file
      Most teams are shaping up in a similar pattern, all the premos we can count on . The fringe players always get picked on NAB cup form which isn't a true indication once full teams are selected. It is however a lot of fun trying to pick those all important breakout players and rookies.Like everyone else I am probably 25th team format. Lots of luck guys.
      • Like Like x 1