Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. IPOD
      IPOD
      image.png image.png What's people's thoughts
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2016
    2. RatatouilleV
      RatatouilleV
      Thanks Guys for your feedback. Been pretty busy last few months and feel like I'm really starting behind the 8 ball this year.

@Nick to be honest, I overlooked Oliver completely. Do you think both Oliver and Kennedy is too much for the same team.

@Jason the rookies on the bench will change as teams are named, but I'm looking at moving a few of the DPP fwd/mids to midfield like you suggested.
    3. RatatouilleV
      RatatouilleV
      @IPOD
      I don't think I could ever pick Mumford again, but if he plays well and doesn't get injured, he could be a great pod for you.
      I don't think you need both Wyatt and Grimley. If you decide that you need Grimley to cover a ruck injury, prehaps look at opening that link then. He's probably not going to play too many games, so if Gawn goes down for a week, he might not even be able to cover and you'd need to make that trade anyway.
    4. Maggoos
      Maggoos
      Hi Muppets,

Really like your team. It looks pretty balanced. Don't think you'll need much cash in hand when the teams come in as you have a good spread of rookie prices already.

I'm a big fan but Sloane hasn't shown much A.D. (after Dangerfield). Moved him out of my team in the last couple of days. With that kind of kitty you could replace him with Danger or Pendles who should easily make it into the top 8 mids at seasons end.,, or get Shaw as Jason suggested.

Cheers
    5. Maggoos
      Maggoos
      Hi all, first time, long time.

Here's my team:
      DEF: Shaw, Houli, Laird, Rich, Weitering, Hartley (Brown, Ruggles)
      MID: Danger, Ablett, Shiel, Rocky, Libba, Wells, Mills, Menadue (Gresham, Hewett, Davis)
      RUC: Naitanui, Gawn (Wyatt)
      FWD: Barlow, S. Gray, Greene, Hall, Kennedy, Kerridge (Adams, AMT)
      $42k in the bank.

Think I'm mostly happy. Still can't decide on whether Weitering is worth the extra over Dea.
      Was thinking of dropping Laird down to Johannisen then replacing Hall or Greene with a 600k-ish midfielder (Priddis, Mitchell?)

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    6. Owen
      Owen
      I like how your team is a bit different, so stick with your guns. My thoughts FYI:

I haven't seen Kennedy in many teams at all, but he should do well again with the Weagles tipped to do well again, most sides I've seen have gone pretty light on up forward whereas you haven't - so good unique team.
      Think you've gone for too many 400-500K forwards that might not end up being top 10 at end of year. I would consider replacing one of Greene, Gray, Hall.
    7. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      I would think he meant Ben Kennedy of Melbourne. He is in a lot of teams I would imagine. Took him out myself to include Milera.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. IPOD
      IPOD
      Why then even have wyatt if there is no dpp option in the fwd line incase or a double injury? i was looking at making wyatt - cox as he is more likely to play games if pies get big man injuries then could boot grimley for a cheap fwd thus at least giving me an option to cover at least one ruck position
    9. rich12345
      rich12345
      First time posting a team. Worried about missing out on Libba if he scores as he did in 2014 however only $4K in the bank. Any thoughts/improvements?
      Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

10. IPOD
      IPOD
      Tossing up Kommer/Grimley or more expensive Simpkin????
    11. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I think this is the wrong way to frame the discussion re Gawn. It's not that he misses a lot of games, because since establishing himself in Rd10 last year he didn't miss one. It's not a definitive sample size but definitely one that indicates he should have plenty of game time. He doesn't miss game, he never got games (because he was injured for years).

I think the more accurate way to look at it would be to focus on his history of injuries, which has forced him to miss so much game time in previous season. Are the knees still durable and can they last 20 games?
      • Like Like x 1
    12. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I'd rather BenKen than Milera myself. I don't see him taking Cameron's spot straight away when he comes back. He'd have to light it up big time.
    13. walesy
      walesy
      Misses games. Lots of games. Due to shonky knees. :D
    14. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Many thanks to those of you who gave me feedback of my "Version 1" team on pages 11 & 12 of the thread

I made 2 changes after selection last night
      - K Simpson ==> J Gibson
      - Keays ==> Aaron Hall (via Mendaue shifting to M9)

team is now:-
      RMT2.png

Rookies - I think Petracca is a downgrade option (for now), I have given Kommer a miss due to having 5 bombers without him and I have avoided Weitering (for NOW) due to the number of cheaper Defender options. Gore and Currie will be strongly considered if picked. Preferably I would boot one of Milera, Dea, Kennedy and Oliver to free up $$$$. Only $6k left so will be hard to bring in McCarthy unless its for a Milera/Bkennedy or turn Gibson into a cheaper D3 or Yeo into a cheaper D4 (Smith/Johannisen/Hurn - I am not keen on Rich).
      Premiums and Midpricers - H Shaw avoided due to price, as I have mostly top priced premiums I may need to juggle these around and bring in 1-2 some "value premiums". B/M Crouch to be considered and perhaps may take Libba's spot.
      As far as tonights game goes I am locked on Dusty, Menadue and Kerridge, less so on Rance.
      Plus I would be keen to punt one of Dea/Hartley/Brown/M-Tipungwuti from the Bombers - if all 4 are picked it would be Dea for $$$$$
    15. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      key mate - I don't mind this team - individually I can see the logic and while it is a little midpriced in places this might be the year to go that way as long as each midpricer is a strong punt
      • Like Like x 1
    16. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I like B.Crouch as an option to upgrade one of the expensive rookies. He's not a big jump in price from them and wont be at $305k next season for sure. I'm considering it and already have Liber.
    17. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Solid mate - Sloane is one who could easily payoff as POD, Broad can hopefully be replaced by another defender or by slotting Adams/AMT into Defence and bringing in a FWD. I am not a fan of Kommer but this is the year to back yourself with whatever rookies get named.
    18. danny_mack
      danny_mack
      Good looking team there TTH - M BROWN's form in the last game in NAB challenge scared me off him - i;ve actually gone with grimley in the FWD and I'm trying to decide if it's worth having a FWD/RUCK that won't play each week to have the DONUT for captain loophole.

My team as it currently stands:

Attached Files:

19. Jason
      Jason
      Any R3 who is playing regular games is better than a :donut: choice in my view, even if they have the footballing ability of a :spud: like Grimley.

Having said that, I would take Brown before Grimley every day of the week as a FWD bench player.
    20. surtees
      surtees
      danny_mack - Soild team not sure on Hall cost v output but I could be proved wrong.

Take 2 with my team only really changes to Rookies. Thoughts? Obviously still open to change once the full teams are out.

Attached Files: