Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      M Brown will hopefully be this years equivalent of N Brown in 2015 - solid 50ish scorer who pulls out a decent score around Round 9 or 10 so he can be sold off for a decent $$$ gain, this should be achievable if he plays mostly in DEFENCE - c'mon Woosha

Your 3 young mids Parker-Cripps-Wines is a gamble but if they all end up top 10 mids or close enough and some of the more popular picks get injured or underperform you should be well set
    2. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      trengove from memory missed all of the NAB and might have played in the VFL last week, might be a few weeks away??
    3. surtees
      surtees
      I was debating if I leaving him or pick him up after the first upgrade. He will play as long as he is fit. It's just when he plays.....
    4. IPOD
      IPOD
      Ok hopefully final side (depending on selection)

Backs - Heater, McGovern, Rich, Malceski, Sheridan, Dea (Hartley, McDonald -Tipungwuti)
      Mids - Danger Pendles, GAJ, Rocky, Libba, Polec , B.Crouch, Mills, (Menadue, Keays, R.Davis)
      Rucks - Mummy Gawn (Cox)
      Fwds - Barlow, Menzel, Wells, Kerridge, Hall, B.Kennedy (M.Brown Grimley)

144k left

Thanks in advance
    5. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Too many mid-pricers for me. I haven't seen anything for Mal to suggest he's back to former glory. The Cannon has more chance of jumping to prem status than him imo. Same for Polec, don't get the hype there and with two other mid pricers I'd rather have another midfield rookie. I don't know which Menzel you've chosen but they are both terrible options. Turn him into another rookie and upgrade Malceski would be my advice.
    6. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Yes but he will have a lot of players ahead of him: Jones, Viney, Tyson, Vince, Brayshaw, Oliver + rotations so you're banking on an injured player with limited pre-season, no game and no recent form to have any idea of scoring ability who will be heavily managed. Too many risks there for me but as long you understand all that and are happy with your decision then pick him.
      • Like Like x 2
    7. Owen
      Owen
      Okay time for some thumb action:

TU: Menadue
      TD: Corey Ellis
      • Like Like x 8
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    8. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      If I had to choose between Mendue and Corey Ellis I would pick Ellis only because I know more about him and think he has a touch of class so would gamble his upside is more attractive. His downside apparently is injury history and cost for such a risk so at end of day he not in my team and neither is Menadue as I not willing to take a punt for 150K on someone I know so little about and unsure of his job security a couple of weeks down the track. If he was less than $120K more willing to punt on a rookie.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Menadue costs less and all reports from Richmond seem to indicate that he's ahead of Ellis in the pecking order and less likely to be dropped when others come back in.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. RPritch
      RPritch
      Imo Menadue should stay in the Tigers lineup for at least 15 games this season, unfortunately my opinion has no effect on what they do :(. Also I think he will score at a decent rate when playing, not fantastic but decent
      • Like Like x 2
    11. The_Punt
      The_Punt
      I tied myself in knots worrying about the byes last year. Got what I thought was a reasonable spread, and then had the entire cunning plan destroyed in about 6 rounds!
      Presently I have 11/9/10 but it could look very different after the teams are announced. I reckon the way to go is to just go with the flow and try and even the weeks up as you trade.
      • Like Like x 2
    12. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      hey there

based on past years I think you will struggle to make enough cash to fully upgrade later on

if enough rookies get named tonight definitely consider punting 2 of your midpricers/value premiums and turning them into a more reliable premium and a rookie
      • Like Like x 2
    13. DannyG
      DannyG
      Happy Easter guys!!
      I cannot afford both BenKen & Gresham. Which is the best combination?
      Like - BenKen & Hewett
      Dislike - Milera & Gresham
      • Like Like x 4
      • Dislike Dislike x 3
    14. Iain
      Iain
      Alright who should I go with?

Like: B Crouch and Libba
      Dislike: Wines and Hewett
      • Like Like x 3
      • Dislike Dislike x 3
    15. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      I am very confused. If you have typed dislike next to Milera and Gresham yourself, can I ask why are you asking others?
      Maybe I am missing something but seems like your mind is already made up ?
    16. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Like/Dislike is the same as Thumbs up/Thumbs down. Was a feature of the site originally, Walesy has just started implementing it on the forum software we have now.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. DannyG
      DannyG
      Tks Guys, much appreciated.
    18. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      I still don't get it. ha ha
      Must be just me as even more confused now.
    19. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      I do like Milera and Gresham though.
      Just got no idea why dislike is written in front of them in the text of message.
    20. Owen
      Owen
      It's like a small poll, i.e. you ask:

Thumbs up: I understand now
      Thumbs down: Please help me still