Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      The problem from my perspective is I see four options. I like that someone dislikes Milera and Gresham. I dislike that someone likes Milra and Gresham but that is just one of two things written down. Apparently they like the other combination. I cannot vote on something I go no idea about what they actually after in terms of thumbs up and thumbs down. I must just be viewing it different to others...lol...
    2. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      My conclusion is I must be blonde to this.
    3. Jason
      Jason
      It's not that hard surely.

There are only two options .
      If you dislike the post, it is because you are agreeing with the second option. If you like the post, it is because you agree with the first option.

You are not being asked for an opinion about anything else.
    4. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      Only got two players I still question in my team. Leunberger as R2 with Grimely his back up R3. The issue is will Leunberger hold up playing. If not he is no good for making cash, getting scores or a keeper. I am gambling he is due to a change of luck with his body and in terms of rucks in general not many of them are sure things to play week in week out in their role without injuries from time to time.

The only other question I have is for Ben Kennedy. Will he be given extended run in Dees team to make his case for best 22 ?

Kent, Harmes, M Jones and Oliver in team today. I tend to think his job security better than 2 or 3 of them and hope I am right as 187K is a lot in to invest for a rookie. Brayshaw, Dunn, Grimes and Petrracca have to come into team in next month. I hope that means Oscar McDonald makes way for Dunn, Harmes and Oliver make way for Brayshaw and Petracca and Grimes possibly pushes Kent or Matt Jones out and Kennedy is secure.
    5. Jason
      Jason
      Leuenberger is a poor choice in my view. Even worse when your backup is Grimley.

Would be surprised if Melbourne went to the effort of trading for Kennedy to then play him in the VFL. I think he will get a good crack at establishing himself in their best 22, probably at least until the byes.
      • Like Like x 2
    6. walesy
      walesy
      Fixed up the tick and added these bad boys to the icons. Thumb me!

:1: Yeah walesy, these are great
      :2: You clown, THUMBS FOREVER!!
      :3: What's going on?
      :4: Sidebottom
      :5: 5 options? Is this real life?!?
      • Option 1 x 3
      • Option 5 x 2
      • Option 2 x 1
      • Option 3 x 1
      • Option 4 x 1
    7. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      thanks for feedback. Tend to back up my thoughts on Kennedy from another club too.
      As for Burger ruck, why exactly do you see him as a poor choice considering he is picked as a speculative type to start with ?
      Is there a particular reason you are sure it will go pear shaped ?
    8. walesy
      walesy
      If Leuey goes down, Smack will ruck.

Grimley will likely come into the side, but i might instead see Brown rotated forward (killing his scoring) and Hartley brought into the backline.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      Cool, I will keep that in mind in next two hours when final decision to stick with it or ditched
    10. Jason
      Jason
      Has played less than half of possible games in the last 2 years. Just cannot hold it together to stay on the park for long enough to be a realistic option at R2.
    11. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Locked and loaded. Not 100% happy mainly because of defensive rookies, I'd have put Wietering on the field when doing last-minute changes on Thursday if SC had let me. Have enough money to do a correction change should I need too. Happy with most of the rookies, Milera was last one in.

D: Shaw, Houli, Laird, Rich, Dea, Adams, Brown, AMT
      M: Fyfe, Dangerfield, Ablett, Rockliff, Liberatore, Mills, Kerridge, Hewett, Gresham, Davis, Menadue
      R: Jacobs, Gawn, Wyatt
      F: Martin, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, McCarthy, Milera, Papley

$94k in bank
    12. Jason
      Jason
      Why not Cox instead of Wyatt, if you've got that much in the bank?
    13. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      Looks a solid team to me. Papley and Hewett is bold as two rookie Swans but with rookies we got to step a bit into unknown with one or two.
    14. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Because a loophole is meant to be cheapest option and Cox is more expensive
      Hewett scored 118 and 82 in the NAB, happy with him. Papley just has to play to generate cash to hopefully that keeps happening.
    15. Jason
      Jason
      My final team is:

D: Shaw, Rance, Laird, Johannisen, Weitering, Adams (Brown, AMT)
      M: Fyfe, Ablett, Shiel, Rockliff, Wells, Mills, Gresham, Menadue (Hewett, Petracca, Davis)
      R: Goldstein, Gawn (Cox)
      F: Dahlhaus, Barlow, Robinson, Hall, McCarthy, Kerridge (McGovern, Papley)

$11k in hand
    16. JC
      JC
      Any benefit in me going with a McGovern or Papley as a fwd rookie? Questionable JS? The other option is a floating donut to use the Emergency loophole for the other rookies I have.
    17. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      Personally I taken the fwd/mid loophole option rather than the rookies I feel unsure will play enough games to be decent cash cows.
      so Ben Kennedy has E on him now. If he plays well my loophole agent goes on field in mids spot to secure Kennedy score.
      If Kennedy does not score decent I have another crack with Milera with E on him. I switch my loophole guy with Barlow and loophole guy on field up forward if I want Milera score.
    18. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      Stuck to the risky mid-pricer at R2 for now.
      Smack now looks to be out of favour with a new coach. Pecking order still being worked out at Bombers I sense, but I am happy my risky Burger man will be going solo ruck this week. That tells me they are getting more confident that his body can increasingly deal with the work load
      Nothing special but it is going in right direction I hoped for.

More concerned with my other mid pricer in backline of Seedsman. Just feel now the upside from start I did not look enough into. Don't think he will be what I was after. A correction trade is likely at some stage there I feel.
      • Like Like x 1