Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. GaryReal
      GaryReal
      what the hell is a snipping tool?! Ive tried many times to save page as an image, right click, etc... are you guys using PCs?
    2. Jason
      Jason
      Yes, but there are ways to take a screenshot using a phone too.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. walesy
      walesy
      I use gadwin

http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

But you have to tweak the settings to copy to clipboard, and not notify you about everything it does- else it gets super annoying. :D
    4. walesy
      walesy
      Biggest problem with phones is fitting it all on the same screen- and having it readable in image format!
    5. GaryReal
      GaryReal
      warning! Menadue is a skinny hack who will get hammered once round 2 starts (forget carlton round1). He gets soft ball (uncontested) and despite plenty of ball in nab3 only scored 65.
      not sure any of us can play Mitch brown on the field now...
      and robinson will def miss a few games. (reports, head)
    6. GaryReal
      GaryReal
      I like yr Greesham, Chol and papley
    7. Jason
      Jason
      Don't think anyone takes much out of Richmond's performance in NAB3, they totally threw in the towel in that game.

Your comments about Menadue are probably applicable to most rookies in most seasons. As long as he keeps getting a game I can probably live with a bunch of 65 SC scores.
      • Like Like x 2
    8. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      Hey Gents

@ Jason: Great structure.. Defense looks great, have some ??? on Brown scoring potential (although the ball will be down there alot) but will play every week so i can see why he is there. Mids look great and i see you have picked all the premium rookies which is always a good thing. Shiel # of ownership seem to be on the increase with good reason. If petracca is named 100% lock, but if he isnt i think it will be a couple weeks till he is inline for call up which will give a rookie 5odd weeks to generate some cash so for mine he aint in unless named..

@ DannyG: Your premiums and middies look good but i think you need to put a little more time into rookie selection Brown (WCE) is out for 6 weeks, personal golden rule is never pick a rookie that plays for Ross the Boss or geelong so i would be looking at changing McCarthy

@RoyBoy : Not sold on tippets potential, think there is better value elsewhere.. I personally wouldnt go Howe and Weitering.. think you can downgrade 1 and upgrade Sheradin (Although he has had a great NAB)
    9. Jason
      Jason
      What if he plays R2, but not R1? This is the scenario that I think might unfold. I'm prepared to wait a week (or even two) if it means saving a sideways trade and he becomes a decent cash cow.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      Im thinking if he dosnt play rd1 he probably would come in bout rd3.. But thats my take on it..
    11. Ratmata
      Ratmata
      I see you've all managed to squeeze Shaw in, I'm going mid price madness in DEF and will look to upgrade to Shaw after he (Hopefully) has a flop. Danger looks to be popular too, hard to believe what I'm seeing with him he's stepped it up so much. Is it just NAB hype, he can't keep belting out 30+ with couple of goals (there's only 1 GAJ).
      Goldy/Gawn ruck looks to be the percentage play.
      Is Rocky a risk with no NAB, hoping personally that he can get a good run this year.
      And Dusty, wow, i'm not sure what this guy will dish out this year, I have him selected at the moment purely because I can't see any other options.
    12. Jason
      Jason
      Daw (NM), Byrne (Carl) and Castagna (Rich) have all been upgraded from respective rookie lists to senior lists today.

Broad -> Byrne may be on the cards for my SC team.
    13. pc1995
      pc1995
      I actually like the Stringer pick, I think he's set for a huge season with more midfield time possibly. Flip Tippett into Sam Gray and I reckon that fwd line looks a lot more solid.

You'll need to restructure if Howe doesn't get named however, I think he's a wait and see and if he performs well in the first two rounds we'll all find a way to downgrade to him before the price rise.
    14. pc1995
      pc1995
      DEF: Shaw, Houli, Gibson, Weitering, Hartley, Adams (Brown, Broad)
      MID: Fyfe, Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Ward, Wines, Mills, Oliver, Kerridge (Gresham, Gore, Davis)
      RUC: Martin, Naitanui (Grimley)
      FWD: Dahlhaus, Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, Milera (Mccarthy, Tipungwati)
      112K to play with.

Posted this in the last NAB RMT right before it closed. However I do have another team that features Wells as a M5. Not sure which works better.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Jason
      Jason
      Looks like a pretty decent team.

Why do you think Ward is likely to improve his scoring during 2016? I'm not convinced that he will be able to do so, seems to have plateaued for a while now in terms of SC output. I just can't see where his upside comes from. Now Shiel on the other hand...
      • Like Like x 1
    16. pc1995
      pc1995
      Well in 2014 he did average 112 and in 15 he dropped to 106. If he can meet that in the middle and average 109-110 all season long I'd take that at his price. I like to pick the M4 prem as a unique and someone that consistently plays 22 games and Ward has only missed 5 games in the past 5 years. Shiel is a jet no doubt and I think both are set for decent seasons, I just prefer the consistency of Ward I guess.
      • Like Like x 4
    17. CJ92
      CJ92
      Hey mate,
      Chol averaged 0.25 points per minute in the NAB, definitely the worst out of the rucks getting picked. I'm wondering if you know something we don't?
      That backline also worries me with Gibson an inconsistent scorer and two high risk breakout contenders. However, you've got the set and forget rucks and stronger mids then most teams so you might get the jump early if they pay off.
      I like Papley, do you reckon he'll play round 1?
    18. CJ92
      CJ92
      Finally got a team I'm mostly happy with, appreciate any advice. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to paste the team, not familiar with my new mac as it goes.

Shaw, Rance, Kolodjashnij, Birchall, Dea, Hartley (Brown, Broad)

Fyfe, Ablett, Sidebottom, Shiel, Libba, Mills, Oliver, Kennedy (Gresham, Hewett, Davis)

Goldstein, Sinclair (Grimley)

Martin, Barlow, Robinson, Wells, Menadue, Kerridge (McCarthy, McDonald-Tipungwuti)
    19. CJ92
      CJ92
      I like this team! Martin is a great pick, he might be a POD with everyone picking Gawn, which is outrageous cause he's a gun! I like Dalhaus too with the Dogs on the up. Wines worries me as an injury risk, but you've matched him with some consistent players so I like it.
      I'm not convinced on Gore because I know he played only 39% TOG which is really low. Otherwise though I'm afraid I might like this team better than mine, haha
    20. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Read a stat the other day that has Ward averaging 116 with Mummy in the team. Guess its a question of how long he can last!
      • Like Like x 1