Rate My Team 2016: Post-NAB Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Where did all the rookie-priced players go?

Petracca, Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson, Collins, Yarran and Brown (WC) were all looking like good things in February and now look highly unlikely to play R1. Looks like it is going to be really hard to find cheap rookies who look likely to play early games in 2016.

Hopefully when R1 teams start to drop, we will see some decent options at bargain-basement prices. If not, we may all need to restructure our teams to accomodate some more $200k+ options.

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard. Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Capture.JPG

I've made lots of changes over the last round of NAB challenge matches. I'm not 100% sold on some of them, but this is where my team is currently at.

Libba has left the building. Hello Daniel Wells, welcome aboard.

Petracca will hopefully become a different rookie, should one present themselves when R1 teams are named. Otherwise he's not the worst emergency loophole option to use with some of my higher-priced rookies.

Cox > Grimley based mainly on loophole potential. Grimley just doesn't look likely to provide any meaningful coverage. Neither does Cox, but if the Collingwood tall division cops an injury he doesn't look be too far down the pecking order. Not 100% convinced on my R3 though.

Hopefully each of McDonald-Tipungwuit, Davis and Ruggles get elevated prior to R1. Otherwise my structure is in some serious trouble and I'll have to downgrade elsewhere.

Just as a reminder, the ground rules for RMT are as follows:

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. Len
      Len
      Here is where I am at, gone one premium stronger in the middle than I wanted, but the mid rookies just are not making me want to buy.
      If a couple of the speculated ones do get named I'll move the structure to support.
      Sheridan and Steele the punts, Sheridan feels very likely but if Williams is named I'll switch, Lonergan also appeals in that slot. Treloar's role at GWS is Jack's to lose.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Penske file
      Penske file
      well Len this is certainly a POD team, more power to you for your courage, like everyone else I would be surprised if this is your final offering. My team is still a work in progress jury still out on GAJ among others.
    3. Len
      Len
      I've been struggling with rookies for days, then reading through an analysis of 3 of the last 5 winners showed they started with the following Mid Price/Bargain players, 9, 9 and 6.
      And only 2, 2 and 1 of the previous years top 5.
      worth a shot :)
    4. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Yeah just been perusing the same stuff Mr Misfit.
      Makes pretty compelling reading if ur going for ultimate glory.
      Pretty ballsy team mate, hope some of those pods kick start you well.

Last iteration for me had M Crouch and Steele but just didn't sit well with all my other mid pricers.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I've eaten the cookie and a certain Messrs Hall in my side. :thumbsu:

Do you have a link to those teams? Bit skeptical of this.

Then again we may just have different terminology. Eg for me someone who's $400k in the backline is a Premium (under-priced one) and say someone like Wells at $240k is cheap enough to be considered a rookie
    6. Len
      Len
      It's a competing site AFAIK, will pm the link
    7. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      You have to log in to view that link. Last years winner started with:

Malceski, Shaw, Newnes, McIntosh, Goodes, Saad, Brown, Oxley
      Dangerfield, Ablett, Fyfe, Pendlebury, Parker, Brayshaw, Cripps, Miller, Vandenberg, Heeney, Ellis-Yeoman
      Goldstein, Naitanui, Reid
      R.Gray, Swan, D.Martin, Salem, Hogan, Clark, McGrath, Lonie
      http://supercoachtalk.com/wordpress/the-nights-watch/

I can't be bothered searching for prices, but that looks very GnR to me.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. walesy
      walesy
      Link away, there's no competition with good content. :)
      • Like Like x 2
    9. Len
      Len
    10. Len
      Len
    11. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      • Like Like x 1
    12. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Yeah not much awry here leb. Presume Tracca is your loophole. I would take Greene over Billings for sure. Lids now unlikely rnd 1 so take your pick on his replacement. I think Oliver will play some early games, just not convinced he will be a quick cow.
    13. graeme
      graeme
      The key take away I think port is how well he nailed the rookies. Saad, Oxley, Cripps, Miller, VdB, Heeney, E-Y, Hogan, Salem, Lonie - that is some pretty fancy picking. If anyone nails around 10 "keeper" rookies at round 1 they are going to be very hard to beat.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. graeme
      graeme
      Len (aka Mr Misfit) like your team but only two Cows? John McEnroe said it best "you cannot be serious." Or is my five (maybe six) just a little too parochial?
    15. walesy
      walesy
      Gotta nail the bench selection. 20 points here, 50 points their, and over the season, it can add up to the difference between 1st and 1,000th.
    16. Bucko
      Bucko
      I can shuffle my team around to accommodate either, and still keep my DPP swings.

And yes, who do you think will make the most money.
    17. Len
      Len
      I'm all about parochial Graeme, go for it, my alternate team has 30 giants in it :p
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Jason
      Jason
      Did someone say parochial? ;)
      [​IMG]
      • Like Like x 5
    19. walesy
      walesy
      I like your selection of mid-pricers and premiums- think there is some room for growth in both of them.

Not 100% sure on the Murphy pick, might be top-priced, and a few of your rookies might need a little work.

C. Daniel pick is inspired.

;)
      • Like Like x 4
    20. Len
      Len
      Exactly!
      Think of all the saved trades :)