Rate My Team 2017

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

By Jason on Feb 26, 2017 at 8:53 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2017!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

Here's how my team looks as we approach the end of February:

Capture3.JPG

Find that value, search hard and follow your instincts!
    Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong...

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

1. IPOD
    2. IPOD
      IPOD
    3. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      Sorry I missed eddy on the bench
    4. Kovanator1
      Kovanator1
      If I were you I would do that. i.e. get rid of green and/or petracca for a rookie.
    5. benny01
      benny01
      I'd get rid of one or more of you mid priced fwds. You have the cash to upgrade them. I think 3 is just too many in the one line.
    6. Dylannnn
      Dylannnn
      What you guys think of this? Maybe I went to hard in the mid range, but would love your opinion, I wanna be SuperCoach king in my family!

Attached Files:

7. Dylannnn
      Dylannnn
      Anyone have any comments? Before lock out?
    8. Jason
      Jason
      Waaaay too many midpricers mate. You have 14!!!

I would try to limit the number of players with a start price between $200k and $500k to 4-5, otherwise you will probably not generate enough $$$ to upgrade all of your team to premium players by the end of the season (as well as likely running out of trades).

News is starting to come through of plenty of cheap rookie-priced options for R1. There will be more than enough to choose from.
      • Like Like x 2
    9. Dylannnn
      Dylannnn
      Thanks man, how many rookies should you have roughly? I've played 2 seasons of SuperCoach and at the end of the year I get rough 2200 score
    10. Jason
      Jason
      It will depend on the number of midpricers that you choose. Aim for at least 12.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. drlok
      drlok
      I'm going with a Guns - Middies - Losers Strategy this year
      • Like Like x 2
    12. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      Can't believe i removed him....
      • Like Like x 3
    13. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Friday.png

My current team has $67.2k leftover, please vote using the voting buttons below prior to 3pm Saturday if you have an opinion on which of the following options should I take

Option 1 - Take a punt on Joel Smith for Melbourne ahead of 1 of Otten, Hibberd, Stewart (all of which have shakey JS according to club fans on Big Footy, although Smith's may not be any better).

Option 2 – Free up $7k by replacing Florent with a cheaper Forward or Mid Rookie (Hannan or Shoey) and upgrading one of Otten, Hibberd or Stewart to Jake Kelly (who again I am assuming may or may not have better JS).

Option 3 - Change up the current structure by dropping a Premo Forward and replace with a rookie forward (Hannan, Shoey, Simpkin, Bowes or Menzel) while upgrading one of Otten, Hibberd or Stewart to Heath Shaw or Taylor Adams. With more Forward options to choose from now and presumably in the early rounds this should make corrections or downgrades a little easier.

Option 4 – leave my current D6-D8 as is but look at replacing Florent, Parffit or Houston with other options (WHE, McCarthy, Ainsworth, Turner, Bowes, Shoey) to reduce the bank

Option 5 – leave my team as is

Comments welcomed, Cheers TTH
      • Option 5 Option 5 x 2
    14. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Judge the decision after 6 or 7 rounds not 1 mate !
      • Like Like x 1
    15. benny01
      benny01
      I go for Geelong and I actually think Stewart has pretty good Job Security. They loved him in the VFL last year and he fills a need. The guys he's competing with aren't cemented into our side.
      There's plenty of places up for grabs in the Cats 22 this year and I think Stewart will hold down that 3rd Tall defensive option. He can also play on smalls.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Jason
      Jason
      I have all four of Otten, Stewart Hibberd and Smith! Hibberd on MID line however. Reckon they are all reasonable in terms of JS, with Otten my shakiest. Fingers crossed he is in the 22 when final Sunday teams drop later today.
      • Like Like x 2
    17. walesy
      walesy
      Just wanna hit up for a quick bit of advice, It's a multi part question.

A) Tuohy and one of Taranto/McCarthy - On the field

or

B) Dahlhaus and Stewart - Bringing Otten onto the field

I'm currently sitting on A, but leaning towards B.

If you prefer B, who should I keep, Taranto or McCarthy.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Len
      Len
      A and don't keep either of them ;)
      Hit enter wayyy too soon.

B for sure mate, though I assume you mean Geelong Stewart and not Ess
      • Like Like x 2