Rate My Team 2017

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

By Jason on Feb 26, 2017 at 8:53 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2017!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

Here's how my team looks as we approach the end of February:

Capture3.JPG

Find that value, search hard and follow your instincts!
    Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong...

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Len
      Len
      Solid team, I am not yet on the Roughy bandwagon but am eyeing a spot :)
      Hearing Balic is unlikely till mid year, but yanno, rookies
    2. Len
      Len
      Midfield is interesting, Steven in particular a very left field pick, if everyone on that line fires you win SC but risky.
      I like the rest of the team, again very solid
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Len
      Len
      Cheers, you could be right, Dawson a known SC threat :p I've had him sitting there since the start, if I get a similar priced alternative that is sticking his hand up will switch him out.
    4. Penske file
      Penske file
      This is still a work in progress the jury is still out on Sandi ,Phillips,Hampton, rookies week to week basis ATM .
      Def. Doc Shaw Laird Hampton VW Stewart. Newman Ryan
      Mid. Danger Pendles Kennedy Rockliff Fyfe Phillips Bowes Spp. Wigg Miles Graham
      R. Gawn Sandi Strn.
      For. Dalh Mccrae Heeney Roughie Black Pickett. Cameron Eddy.
    5. Iain
      Iain
      Jason – Higgins is always a risk for mine, had him last season but don't feel comfortable pushing my luck and trying to get another one out of him. The Bont is still undecided on whether he'll step up to the top bracket of Mids this season, but probably close to a 50/50 in my book. Grundy seems like a good POD, but also one I'm not sure can hit the top bracket just yet.

JamieH – Heater is too highly priced to start with this year for me, that might change but with Williams really stepping up and heater getting on in years I reckon I'll be waiting for first upgrades to get Heater. Lids I was fairly keen on early days, but I have heard that he's had a hamstring issue and I really can't see too many points up for grabs in the Giants Half-Forward area. A lot of their M/HF players still have a fair bit of improvement in them for mine.

Len – Mummy the main one that stands out here for me. Do you think he can get back to top 2 ruck status? Haven't looked at his stats this year but gut feel is he isn't as durable as he could be and just doesn't seem to get many points not directly related to rucking. Nothing to back it up but for me I'd probably prefer Jacobs if he's fit for that type of gamble.

TiB – Steven, Wines and Prestia is a bold starting midfield. I'd back one of those to make the jump but all 3 seems really pushing it. Having said that I can see why you picked them, Prestia should have plenty more opportunities this year with the new club and no Lids, Wines is on track for a (proper) break-out season especially if Port can lift their game and Steven and the rest of the Saints are all tracking quite nicely to give the 8 a good shake this year. For my money I'd go Wines and keep my fingers crossed.

At work so don't have my team details on hand but I'll post it sometime tonight.
    6. Len
      Len
      Good looking side, Sandi obviously if fit, if not do you cull one of Heeney & Roughy?
    7. Len
      Len
      Cheers mate, he is a risk. If Sandi is fit I'll bring him in and upgrade elsewhere.
      Top 3 ruck last year for total points only missed one game, for some reason a complete POD atm with 3.1% ownership, so if Sandi isn't fit and Mummy is I'm comfortable rolling the dice on him.
    8. Hosey06
      Hosey06
      Like the early picks Jason, however are you concerned that if Gawn or Grundy miss a week throughout the season, you will be relying on Goldstein to miss as it appears unlikely that Preuss will play if Brown and Majak are available. This would leave you with a zero. Is it worth considering Ryder to use as cover and hope he can push into the 90+ as he did in 2015 when he played predominantly as a ruckman

Attached Files:

9. Len
      Len
      Way too many mid priced options for my money mate, they are the right ones (mostly) to be looking at, but the chances of even two thirds of them coming off unlikely. I don't think Carslisle has any fantasy relevance at all.
    10. Jason
      Jason
      Hi Terry,

Have soundly chastised myself for having as many similar picks as your February team. I blame premiership hangover and/or having watched replays of 2016 finals games too often.

I have enough $$ in hand to be able convert Higgins into Macrae, but I'm just not convinced that SC is his thing unfortunately.

Will you be making Max Gawn your captain each week? Can't see too many other standout options at this stage, given that you have not chosen Dangerfield or Pendlebury or Ablett, etc.
    11. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      @Len Solid stuff, I reckon Marchbank's price is too awkward and the $100K could be put to better use.
      Like that you don't have TMitch. Still trying to talk myself out of him.
      Mummy - inspired or rose-coloured? Will he play 22?
      Do you have some inside word on mid rookies that the rest of us dont?
      • Like Like x 1
    12. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Well (hmmm), the plan is that Max probably will be skipper on a regular basis (he can have a bad day tho) until such time as I bring in one of those names you mention. Unlikely to be GAJ. Have Rory on the backburner. You could be spot on about Macrae - realised all I have read is Dream Team stuff - might look at Isaac. Seems to be teams posted so far have a pattern of 4-5-4 (500k + in Def, Mid, Fwd) or variations thereof, not a lot of room for mid-pricers.
    13. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Not everyone on every line will fire, but if those interesting mids can provide 100+ until upgrade time, will be happy enough.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Len
      Len
      I think if you are going to roll the dice on someone at 2k you want them to be playing in an area of the ground that will see a lot of ball (Carlton's back half) and be a good combination of accumulator and efficient ball user, Marchbank ticks both boxes, lock for me.
      As I said to Iain, if Sandi is fit I'll bring him in and spend Mummy's cash elswhere.
      Top 3 ruck last year for total points only missed one game, for some reason a complete POD atm with 3.1% ownership, so if Sandi isn't fit and Mummy is I'm comfortable rolling the dice on him.
      At the moment most of the rookies are ones I like, I wont be locking any in below $160k for a few weeks but the ones I have onfield plus EVW are ones I think are most likely to remain there.
    15. Ratmata
      Ratmata
      Hheheh, Shaun Higgins.
    16. RPritch
      RPritch
      Jason and everyone else who has Montagna:
      Seems an interesting pick, but seems relatively popular on here too, I hadn't even thought about him as an option myself. I think this is because I like a lot of options around his price like Adams, JJ, Laird and Williams. A bit concerned about how he'll go one more year on in age.

Jason:
      Like the midfield. I have JOM myself, but the premiums look like solid options.
      Don't like Buddy as an option myself, but I never really have, it's more me than him.
      Higgins is a viable option, obviously VERY risky though. If he doesn't get injured should do fine.

JamieH:
      Docherty and Shaw are expensive, but you can obviously feel safe locking those 4 backs in for the long haul.
      I feel like Pendles simply scored more than he deserved last year most games. Don't know why, but I felt he wasn't impacting games very much. This is both a good and bad thing I suppose. Shows he will always score points, but might not be at his peak.
      To put it bluntly Deledio needs to leave your team imo. His injuries are becoming commonplace and he will be going into the season not 100% and highly unlikely to reach 18 games.
      Hogan on the other hand could be a great pick, just could go either way.

Len:
      Not having any of D.Swallow, O'Meara or Roughead could turn out great, as midpricers have typically been rather frowned upon, but I feel as though Roughead in particular is my #1 pick for SC this season. Believe he will simply average a huge amount as if he never had a lay off.

PC 1995:
      Bit of a left-field team, will probably need to get some of the more expensive rookies. Dunno about the Vince selection, Riewoldt is a promising POD though.

Terry:
      Obviously gone for a different midfield, if you go in with that, I hope you do well.
      McGrath is not much imo and Dan Rioli is going to be a crucial Tigers player for years, including this year, but not a SC player, at least not yet
      • Like Like x 2
    17. RPritch
      RPritch
      Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 8.59.02 pm.png

The current team I am rolling with
    18. RPritch
      RPritch
      Could add Brodie in for Ainsworth too
    19. Len
      Len
      Interesting squad, all your MP guys are the right options, but I think having that many of them pretty much assures you of being a struggler from the start, or right at the top, if more than one goes wrong you will be chasing your tail to correct without the cash to do so.

Caddy JJ and JOM would be the ones to watch most closely over the next few weeks to see if they look like being what you are hoping they will be.

I'm not sold on Heppell being assured of a top 12 mid spot, not a fan of that pick.

On Roughy, I get the appeal and his last couple of years were 90+, he is certainly priced well below that so if his next game in JLT is as good as his first I'll join you in picking him, but I'm not there yet.

I've left Swallow out of my team on the basis that he has zero chance of being a keeper and has to average 95 odd to be a decent stepping stone by his bye round.

That said I like the squad, will be very interested to hear how close to it you end up running
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    20. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      @RPritch pretty ballsy team
      Effectively three mid pricers in the guts is right out there.
      Will be an awesome roller coaster to ride, but you'll need a strong stomach.
      Still trying to talk myself out of more than two mid pricers in my whole team, let alone six.
      I really want to go with the crowd and choose Adams as well, just see it ending badly and wasting a trade.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1