Rate My Team 2017

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

By Jason on Feb 26, 2017 at 8:53 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2017!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

Here's how my team looks as we approach the end of February:

Capture3.JPG

Find that value, search hard and follow your instincts!
    Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong...

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

1. RPritch
      RPritch
      Thanks for the feedback Len. The way I see it for now, is that Adams, Heppell, Caddy, Heeney and Mills are far from being locked into my team. I think Roughy, JOM and Swallow can all fit into my team, but I would probably prefer less risky options than those mentioned just above if I am going to roll with all 3. Otherwise one of JOM or Swallow would have to go, however Roughy I am already 100% locking into my team, just going to back my gut there.
      JJ is not one I am really considering as a risky prospect. His average last year is affected by his injury and after his Norm Smith (even though Tom Boyd should have won it) I think he has shown that the start to last season was no fluke and that his injury has not stopped him from being able to put in those performances.

With Caddy I am a Richmond fan and surely need one Tigers player over $400k :D
      • Like Like x 1
    2. RPritch
      RPritch
      If Adams plays 20+ H&A games his average will be up there for the best defenders, but I am concerned about his past lack of being able to reach 20 games and so might end up trading him out for someone safer, if I am to run with 3 players between $250-400k
    3. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Still uneasy on Sandi but Freo have stuff all ruck options so he's had to pass on.

image.png
    4. Malteaser
      Malteaser
      Lucky it's Feb, your fwd line looks scary, Dids is an amazing player but injury and the chances he will only play upto 15 games is very risky. Also Keefe, will probably be another Presti, defensive fwd, pinch hit (if at all in the ruck) and key def player also. As a pies supporter he needs loads of game time, will probably spend the first month in reserves, of course depends on our injuries which are mounting up again. I would stay clear of any pie players that have suffered any injuries in the past, I reckon our training ground is bad luck, maybe another curse. Swap for Hampton.
    5. Malteaser
      Malteaser
      Don't worry tiger, Martin will crack tons again, don't pick players from your own team it can only lead to SC psychosis. I hate picking pie players. I feel like I jinx them. LOL Maybe you could choose Treloar, he was nearly a tiger.:rolleyes:
    6. warsaken
      warsaken
      Loaded up on the forwards. Do you see Caddy/Wingard/Heeney finishing top 10 fwds? Or as stepping stones?
      Also i'm worried about Goldie (even though he is in my team). If Nth decide to play Toyota (Pre-uss ;)) how will it effect Goldies scoring? History says Goldie kills it as lone Ruckman, but not as good when going in combo. I'd be picking Gawn if Toyota is named R1.
    7. warsaken
      warsaken
      Here is my team as it stands atm... hmmm, looking a bit mid priced madness now that I look at it.

upload_2017-2-28_13-35-44.png
    8. RPritch
      RPritch
      Treloar is a bloody good option too, shame he didn't pick the right club
    9. BillyBob
      BillyBob
      Len,

I'm with you on Swallow (either of them actually), just show ponies IMHO

I think Roughy is a solid inclusion, too much class and at his price well worth the risk. (O'Meara is a LOT more risky tho)

Watson over Heppell for Bomber mid for me, if I were to pick a bomber mid, so agree again.
    10. BillyBob
      BillyBob
      Like it Terry:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Not sure about Rioli (2nd year small forward??) Rockliff (gun, but gets hurt way too often for me) McGrath or McCluggage (lotta $, cheaper options I think Vickers Willis, maybe Watson in DEF, Butler and Cameron up forward)
    11. drlok
      drlok
      :4: Jason you have a good team - but tie yourself to the mast and fill your sailor's ears with beeswax. Because that's how you get past the SIRENs and in this team the siren is Higgins! You may not remember the carnage that that man did to our teams in the early 00's. But I for one am 5 times bitten and 9 times shy he could be free and would have a :poop: over him.
    12. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Hey wars good to see you back.
      Yeah it's a decent risk running all three of Caddy, Chad and Heeney and all are too expensive to be stepping stones.
      To be classed as viable keeper selections I need them to score in the mid 90's.
      Caddy averaged 90 playing second/third fiddle at Cats, I feel pretty confident he can add 5-10 points to his game at the Tiges.
      Heeney seems pretty safe. Finished like a house on fire with mid 90's in last 6 H&A then kept this avg through 4 finals.
      Chad had an injury affected year and with his two injured games removed managed a 90 avg. This selection concerns me the most as he is potentially changing roles which could mean more possessions but less game influencing goals. Will prob be a make or break selection.
      Norf's tall stocks are a bit of a moving beast atm with Brown and Wood out, Daw working his way back and Waite being managed. I think there is room for both Goldy and Toyota but not sue for how long. Still line ball between Cameron and Preuss at R3. Ty for the feedback.
    13. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      That is an impressive February team. Some clever accounting and just goes to show how 'personal' SC is - can't find fault with those players, yet many are not in my team.
    14. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Thanks BB. There will be many rookie changes come R1. Feel comfortable with the Mc's as they give me a $ cushion to make changes when that time comes. Had the VW in my ORFFA side, he has potential.
    15. snoz
      snoz
      Boring day at the office so jumped on to tear some teams apart :)

@That KI Guy
      DEF: Too many Crows me thinks. Don't think Otten gets Best22, maybe change to Stewart / Gee
      MID: Word is Bowes starts Best22, not Brodie regardless of JLT series. Also think Miles doesn't break into Hawks team.
      FWD: Wow....2/4/1 structure. Not a fan, too much money down here. Cut and add a premo to Mids

@warsaken
      DEF: Monty & his shaky PS scares me
      MID: No way does Taranto & Setterfield start Rd1, you'll be scrambling to plug. Bowes over Brodie.
      RCK: If you go Goldstein, think you have to go Preuss at R3, even if it closes the F/R door

@RPritch
      LOVE this team.....one of the best I've seen.......
      DEF: Shaz wont play RD1 for the Pies, downgrade option. Berry is INJ, maybe move Hibberd to Mids to open D/M
      MID: Ainsworth as a small fwd = need goals for sc output. Change to Bowes
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Nice to see some G'n'R teams popping up. Seeing as I've come a little late I might just throw my 2 cents in on every line!
      Def: I see Doc holding up as the number 1 defender again. Closely followed by Shaw and Laird. Simpson will be there abouts but I think maybe this is the year that Joey and Boyd drop down a little. Love the look of JJ but can't get him in my team atm. Marchbank interests me along with Salem as mid pricers who might make you some decent cash along the way.
      Mids: Danger stays at number 1. Top 10 mids will be something like Danger, pendles, fyfe, hanners, selwood, rockliff, JPK, Treloar with Cripps, bont, sloane and ablett there abouts! I really wanna get Cripps in if he comes up right for round 1 he's just gonna be a star. The 2 mid pricers in swallow and JOM are value but yeah anyones guess as to whether they stay on the park. JOM looked great on the weekend and finds himself in my team. I've seen teams running the both of them a M7 and 8 :O
      Rucks: Few people going set and forget with grundy. I had this set up early on but have since moved to sandi as his scoring is just too hard to ignore for that price. Reckon grundy will be a gun this year tho.
      Fwd: The hardest line this year i reckon. Just looking at all your teams every one is different! Think we all agree tho that Dahl will be the must have and from there it's a bit of an educated guess. How good does Higgin's scoring look? Like Jason I've been looking at Touk too. Bit hard with that round 9 bye for the power and gc. I have enough money to upgrade the big rough to any of them. But i really can't see the him averaging under 95 which is as good as higgin's has ever done. I reckon with Franklin's early draw he could be the leading fwd at the half way mark but it's too hard to squeez them all in!

Here is my current team. 3 risks in Jom, Sandi and Rough but you gotta take a few to get the chocolates don't you? $84k Left

Team-1st-March.jpg
    17. RPritch
      RPritch
      Cheers for the feedback boys.
      TiB every year I think the same about other teams and players, there are just to many players to have them all, so there are always plenty of good looking picks on paper that you don't have.
      Snoz I'm not too worried about any of my selections under $250k for now as everyone has to wait for Rd1 teams to pick rookies. Appreciate the feedback on those players still. Berry is definitely one to be watching to downgrade to later on in the season as it looks highly unlikely he will be playing the first few rounds, but he should play later and average well
    18. RPritch
      RPritch
      Really like this team. Forwards look good, particularly like the Lynch pick, the only reason I currently have Caddy over him is the early bye for Suns and Port players, will be looking to trade in the premiums for these teams after the bye.
      There is no doubt that your top 5 mids and top 3 defs are safe bets as well, team looks strong
    19. Iain
      Iain
      Alright finally got around to looking at my team again. Not sure about the midfield/forward structure but for now I can't see many better options for what I want.

Attached Files:

20. leb3
      leb3
      You seem to be relying heavily on mid priced players coming back from injury/didn't impact in 2016. McCarthy Beams, Murphy/Ryder/Roughead/O'meara.

Could pay off brilliantly but seems like a lot of risk to take. Also, not sure how much Marchbank can rise in price, sure he will play games but at 236k he really needs to reach 400k in price to be worth the pick.