Rate My Team 2017

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

By Jason on Feb 26, 2017 at 8:53 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2017!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

Here's how my team looks as we approach the end of February:

Capture3.JPG

Find that value, search hard and follow your instincts!
    Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong...

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Nick
      Nick
      Here's my latest incarnation, trying to keep the structure however will be thrown out if certain rookies don't play, but I think that goes for most people at this stage.
      Feedback most welcome!

Team.PNG
    2. benny01
      benny01
      I've almost had that exact backline for a week now. I just dropped Shaw down to Laird So I could turn Swallow into Jelwood otherwise mine has Adams. In other words I love your backline.
      Your side is very similar to mine but I've got one less fwd premium for a mid premium (Danger) so I like your structure.

On your players the only one I'm questioning right now is Black. He didn't play vs Ess and I'm thinking he's there more as a depth player than a permanent role. Also not 100% sure on Parfitt and Hibberd being locked into their sides just yet.
      All the rest are players I've had in my side or would gladly have in my side to start the year.
      I really like the Steele choice. Not a guy I'm going with (I have Roughy) but I rate this kid highly I've had him in my keeper league since last year and really excited about that.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. benny01
      benny01
      Black Freeman and Newman worry me but there are rookies who will easily slot into their spot. Rest of your side is sound.
    4. Len
      Len
      Current version and all three of those have changed, 9 days to go so probably only 54 or so versions left in me :p
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Len
      Len
      Looks good, 3 Adelaide players on one line might be an issue that's nitpicking though.
      I know Swallow is in a lot of teams, but I think the odds are against him appreciating enough to pay off
    6. warsaken
      warsaken
      Just some input for your Cats rookies...
      Doubt Black is named for round 1 (dropped for jlt3) even if named will be very hit and miss. I like the look of Parfitt, but has poor d/e, I dont see him averaging more than 50, better pick in AF/DT.
      • Like Like x 2
    7. warsaken
      warsaken
      what are peoples thoughts about vickers-willis vs Hibberd in the def rookie spot?

I've the cash left to up Marchbank to Jones, but that just makes me even more mid priced, and with my 100k left over i can correct my mistakes easier.

thoughts???
    8. benny01
      benny01
      Yeah Parfitts de% confuses me because while it isn't known to be that high he seemed to be the best user of the footy in the Geelong games I watched. (I missed the Crows game.)
      Made the best decisions and hit the right target more often than most of their players. Not sure how he fits in but he looked like he was ready for AFL level. There's a potential spot for him but I'm not sure if it's his just yet.

N.B. I support Geelong.
    9. Len
      Len
      At this stage I have them both, EVW down back and Hibberd on mid bench, a North wtcher may have better info but they appear similar to me SC wise
    10. Len
      Len
      I missed this as I thought your comment at the bottom was a comment on the team.
      Lighter in mids and heavier in fwds than most recent teams I've seen, I've gone right off McCarthy, if you are picking at the $ I think WHE is a better option, as is Knight if he is fit for round 1. I like Steele though and am trying to figure out how to get him in without overdoing risk
      • Like Like x 1
    11. traviso
      traviso
      Steele is probably the one i'm most unsure about. Love the way WHE plays when we looks good but he always drifted in and out of games. I guess McCarthy is the same. He's going to play every week but need him to put together 3-4 big weeks in a row to fatten up. Knight i've not even tracked. did he have a breakout JLT?
    12. traviso
      traviso
      I think Black will play, but we will see when teams come out. Surely he's the best foil to Hawkins. He looks better than Harry Taylor down there. Parfitt and other rookies are mostly going to be dependent on who gets named.
    13. traviso
      traviso
      Yeah not sold on Taranto. He's just a place holder rookie. We'll see who gets named. We might get lucky and he might do a Hopper?
    14. traviso
      traviso
      McCarthy/Freo have North, WCE, Ess, Rich, Carlton in rounds 5-9 with Collingwood and Brisbane just before the bye?
    15. Len
      Len
      Nope, that's why he dropped off all radars, he was having a big pre-season with plenty of mid talk, but got injured, was due to play JLT3 but pulled out through illness I think, could still play R1 though, emphasis on the could.
    16. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I personally wouldn't pick some of those players but definitely one of the best looking sides structure wise. Only kept to 3 midpricers which I'm struggling to do. You're just having to hope all those bottom priced rookies play.

I think only Triple Dub (VVV get it?) will be worth it come R1. Annoying that Hibbs is the only M/D really presenting themselves atm. Don't like starting Zak Jones (that is who you're talking about?) at all. Go to a premium or another rookie.

What was Steele's score and TOG this pre-season? /lazy
    17. Len
      Len
      50 from 35%
      155 from 69% (Carlton disclaimer)
      114 from 76%
      • Like Like x 3
    18. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Wowee, Jack Steele from the Belconnen Football Club, that is tempting. Have CP7 too, he's a similar player set to breakout.
    19. Len
      Len
      Indeed, Steele is about 50k cheaper, I have Roughy at Petracca's price and all three wont fit
    20. benny01
      benny01
      Steele is in my team now. I don't want to reveal how as it should get slammed but I'm willing to risk it.