Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. choppers
      choppers
      Ballard JLT 1 .....74 SC points from 83% TOG
      JLT 2......83 SC points from 81% TOG

Should be in GC's best 22 for Rd1.
      • Like Like x 2
    2. Sean K
      Sean K
      Interesting. Looks good. I need to choose between him and Ridley I think. Ballard job security probably better but Ridley is slightly cheaper and scored better in JLT. Will watch for the R1 teams.
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Pretty sure Valente is injured and won't be available for the first couple of weeks. Starting with him anyway is ballsy, Ross might not put him straight into the seniors when he regains fitness. Guess he gives you loophole options, and Freo do play late in the opening three rounds.
    4. Jason
      Jason
      @Len, does Hately lose his spot to Ward in a few weeks? Or is he a different type of player?

And what happened to Greene?
    5. Len
      Len
      Possibly, I can see one of Hately, Caldwell or O'Halloran playing most weeks, but lack of further injuries permitting probably no more than that. Bonar likely plays a lot more, and Perryman looks likely to play Wards role along with Hopper.
      I've named Hately atm as I think he is most likely round 1, and it isn't beyond reasonable that he does a TT and stays in, that said the inside swell is huge on Caldwell, different role though but unlikely he stays in my team once the final R1 teams are named. We play Sunday so can be a late free trade.
      Valente is one I am huge on, if someone I rate somewhere near him for price and ability is named round 1 it will be hard to hold him, but currently looking to do so.

Greene I still think is a great pick, basically it's a call between Westhoff and Moore or Lycett and Greene, as posted I can't afford him
    6. WizzFizz
      WizzFizz
      It looks like most teams will be largely the same, more so than in previous years. Yet to see a team with the regular premiums: Buddy, Tom McDonald, Dhalhouse, Beams, Zorko, McLean, Nank, Hawkins, Gunston, Bont, Hurley, Fyfe (in very few), and the list goes on.

Yet to see a team without one of either Grundy & Gawn, Dangerfield, & Heeney. 90% of rookies are the same.

Seriously thinking whether it will be more interesting and fun to do something different to the herd this year as I did in 2016 (where I came in 35th overall and was purely playing for cash league glory).
      • Like Like x 2
    7. Jason
      Jason
      If Gibbons isn't named for R1, I'm looking at Hately.
    8. Len
      Len
      I hope to start him despite the above, he ticks all the SC rookie boxes, I've not been impressed with Gibbons at all after being initially hopeful. If they start Caldwell instead I'll change up as his outside game is less like anyone we have and more likely a replacement for Shiel if selected. If they start both I have a lucky 8 ball somewhere.
      • Like Like x 2
    9. Jason
      Jason
      There are cookie cutter teams every year with a lot of the same players. They usually don't win the main prize though, and there's probably something in that...

The biggest variations this year will be in the forwardline at F3 and F4. Reckon I have hardly seen two teams alike in that regard yet.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Len
      Len
      I notice your not starting with Macrae, are you seeing him with an early price drop to be an upgrade target?
    11. Len
      Len
      The reason I ask is swapping him for Selwood looks like this, which while verging on MPP madness it still has 11/12 guns depending on if you include Williams and/or Andrews

upload_2019-3-17_19-22-4.png
    12. Jason
      Jason
      I just don't know enough about how the Bulldogs midfield will look and function to be honest. Every chance he scores just as well as last year.

Main reason not to start him is I can't see value beyond his start price, whereas I can see upside in the other MID keepers that I've chosen.
      • Like Like x 2
    13. Sean K
      Sean K
      My second cut, keeping in mind all rookies are up for trade pending R1 selection. I've had second thoughts on D Smith in the front half as I think he's highly priced and will get less mid time due to Shiels arrival, McGrath getting more mid time, and Essendon's obsession with Langford being the next Jobe. But, will Dunkley get enough time in the guts? He finished last year on fire and can go huge, unlike Smith. But, he could turn into a Westhoff for Ruck cover. My Mids are still weakish and I'm relying on injury prone Crouch and Libba to stay on the park. I'm not happy picking top priced Grundy and Gawn as it will only take one poor game for their prices to tumble and the option to upgrade to them later. I hope the old 'set and forget' mantra is going to work for them. Oh, I had cash to switch Neale to Cripps too. Not sure if that makes any real benefit.
      upload_2019-3-17_19-47-40.png
    14. Len
      Len
      I can't fit him in atm, but Sheed feels like a must have if you are playing midprice in the mids?
    15. IPOD
      IPOD
      Option where to go in the mids
      Option 1 - Sidebottom
      Option 2 - Angus Brayshaw
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 7
    16. Len
      Len
      I like this version a lot better.
      I'm not a Smith fan in the backs, but seem to be in the minority, Dunkely could be genius but his JLT game role wasn't SC freindly at all.
      Pretty solid all round
      • Like Like x 1
    17. IPOD
      IPOD
      Forward line option
      Option 1 Hoff & rookie petruccelle/Burgess
      Option 2 - Devon Smith & Greene
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 3
    18. Len
      Len
      Petrucelle is nice to watch, but is a small foward, I like Burgess but given the options 2 easily
    19. anthak
      anthak
      I think I’m with you on Smith.
      I admit I am tempted, but he’d have to have a career best year to become a keeper
      • Like Like x 1
    20. anthak
      anthak
      Walsh has found himself in my current team now.
      • Like Like x 1