Rate My Team (RMT) 2016 - Mid February Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 9, 2016.

By Jason on Feb 9, 2016 at 4:23 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2016!

Let's set the ground rules for RMT, nice and clear.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, I'll put my current SC team up for discussion. :spoton:

Capture.JPG

Find that value, search hard and follow your instincts!
    Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong...
    ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 9, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. Merc89
      Merc89
      Few too many Essendon Rookies maybe.
      Francis fitness is an issue, may not get early games, or he may burn out early and not play late. Id be wary in any case.
      From what I understand Hartley is more a lock down defender, might not score too great, there is possibly some better rookies.

Kommer is iffy, he has started training but is he worth it? There may have better options in his role, with the older top up players rotating from mid-bench-his position. Kommer wont rotate through mid so I would think there may be some issues there. One top up I might recommend is Grimley instead of Cox. Guaranteed games and should at least build some money. He will be used as a secondary target to help Daniher, and will also run through the ruck. I also question the reason you went with cox. If it was for Forward eligibility, you have no other swings to take advantage of it.

It seems you may have overspent in some areas that has hurt some lines, defense in particular. I note you don't have Shaw which is fine, but he will be in most teams, and with your low cost players you might not be able to trade up into him and will fall further behind in points.

That's just my thoughts
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Merc89
      Merc89
      I like your team @Jason ,similar to mine, however ive gone extra premo mid while you have Libba and crouch.

I was after your opinion on Stringer? I had Dal in my team but if I could turn him into Stringer and spend/save the additional $100k I was thinking about it.
      Thoughts?
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Stringer is on my watch list. Not sure how the absence of Crameri will change the Dogs forward structure. May give Stringer more opportunity, but also more attention from opposition.

As in past off-seasons, there is some talk about Stringer spending time in the midfield. Didn't eventuate last year though, who knows if it will in 2016?
    4. Merc89
      Merc89
      Is it purely a tank issue? or is it more structure related that he isn't getting those minutes? Hes actually in my team atm but not locked by any means, he may quite easily become Dalhaus.
    5. Jason
      Jason
      Not a tank issue. He was used a few times late in 2015 to start off the back of the centre square, but that was about all for "midfield" time - more because he was our most dangerous forward and leading goal kicker!
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Agree on Heater and Libba and Crouch but not sure about Goldy being worth that money having said that the Ruck spots are tricky as. How many mid prices can we carry O'Meara looms as does Brodie Smith Lobbe Luey Thomas and Wells - What's structurally the best !!
    7. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Trak had 4 week setback with aBasketball broken toe ( not a Frisbee) he's back running and only a week or so from resuming with the main group - word is he'll play early and well !!
    8. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Jase I can't cop Fyfe or Goldy - Fyfe expensive and injury prone for the money and Gold just expensive and Laird worries me as do any taggers so can't have home - tell me about Yeo as the back end is most difficult and probably needs to be set and forget as much as possible !!
    9. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      image.jpg
      I see needed changes But would really value your thoughts I think I need to replace JOM Lobbe Luey and maybe B Smith ??
    10. Jason
      Jason
      Just don't understand "expensive" as a comment at this time of the year. Their prices are based on their 2015 output, nothing more, nothing less. Every SC point per game in their 2015 average is priced relative to the other players, with the exception of rookies and a handful of players who missed a lot of 2015 due to injury.

Expect Yeo to have more time as a MID once McKenzie and Brown are back in the team, due to less lock-down roles. Hence expect he can improve on his 2015 scoring.

Laird isn't going to be used as a tagger, that was some time ago.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Jason
      Jason
      Lobbe apparently sucked in the intraclub match recently, against non-elite opponents.
      O'Meara needs to be replaced, struggling to play R1 and has not done any change of direction work yet since comeback from surgery.
      Leuenberger I can't recommend, still nagged by achilles issues and hasn't resumed full training.
      Thomas - yucky selection. Lasted what, 10 minutes of R1 last year before going off injured?

Too many slots that need upgrading in DEF for mine, there aren't usually as many downgrade options on this line across the season and you may be struggling to upgrade these slots. Also you are probably missing out on some easy cash from the plethora of MID rookies. Gresham should be in most teams by R1 if he continues to live up to the hype at the Saints.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Thanks Jase - already worked Gresham in and lost both those ruck mid prices and thought Goldy thru and bought him in at the expense of flexibility which I ll work in later - thanks
    13. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Stringer apparently killed it in their practice match! Will be fun to watch him improve as already some of the games he played last year were great! Nab should be a good indicator on him and personally I'm looking forward to watching him and the bont during the nab!
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      I like the Docherty, Pendles, Wines and Gawn picks! Nice picks that I havn't seen in teams much. Think Wines will really lift his game! Anyone else looking forward to finding out the 500-575k mids that break into super premo territory?
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Len
      Len
      As has been said, you've structured in a way that prevents you getting the highest scoring rookies on field, less spent on the mids, more at either end and dose up on rookie goodness in the midfield :)
    16. Lion on the ground
      Lion on the ground
      Jason, this is for your original Team posted.

Good overall but i would question need for shaw and goldy AND fyfe. Shedding too much cash on 3 players IMO. Will fyfe be managed for brownlow or finals by Lyon just when you need him the most. Goldy is typically a slow starter, if he averages sub 120 first 5 weeks could see price drop of around $100k, juicy upgrade when your looking at cutting a juicy cash cow who has stopped getting games - anyone else have to get rid of Relton Roberts a few years ago ? Libba being M4 concerns me as well. I wouldnt want libba to be higher than M6 personally. Other than that nice job.
      Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    17. Lion on the ground
      Lion on the ground
      Team looks a little lacking in depth to me and the reason is 5 players taking up 3.1M of your cash. Could turn a few into underpriced premiums and look at upgrading a few of the rookies you have playing. JOM a downgrade target in round 5 in my opinion, wont play first few rounds.
    18. Lion on the ground
      Lion on the ground
      Looks pretty strong. Do you have over 100k in the bank with this team. I think with more NAB done you might have a play but looks solid
    19. Lion on the ground
      Lion on the ground
      Lets just call this a MID life crisis and move on shall we. Lol
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Lion on the ground
      Lion on the ground
      Not bad but cyril to buddy buys you an extra 30k and easton wood wont repeat from last year.
      Overall reall like the structure though