Rate My Team (RMT) 2016 - Mid February Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 9, 2016.

By Jason on Feb 9, 2016 at 4:23 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2016!

Let's set the ground rules for RMT, nice and clear.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, I'll put my current SC team up for discussion. :spoton:

Capture.JPG

Find that value, search hard and follow your instincts!
    Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong...
    ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 9, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. Lion on the ground
      Lion on the ground
      I like it but the berger will struggle. Achilles dont just fix themself and a big guy like that who cant run spells trouble. Im liking daniel wells and that will give you about 60K in your bank when you replace JOM
    2. Lion on the ground
      Lion on the ground
      Hi guys, would love some feedback on the team. JOM will be coming in when he is named but i think will be after round 5. Thanks guys. This is my first time ever getting team rated anywhere so plenty of lube and be gentle. lol

Attached Files:

3. Len
      Len
      I think 6 is too many mid-pricers, this year there is probably going to be far less pure GnR than normal in the top echelon of the comp, but 3 or 4 feels absolute max and even then you have to be very lucky to get them all right.

Down back, Aish or Seedsman or Malceski, all three of them says you spent too much elsewhere.
      And here it is, Mids, I don't mind most of the better player picks, but there are far too many of them, the cash generating rookies play mids in the majority of cases, I'd drop at least one premium, two if you are welded to holding both the MP players and spend the dough fixing your backline
      The onfield rucks were the same as mine up until yesterday but reports on Lobbe are not inspiring.
      Fwd line I actually quite like,
    4. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      I like this team - maybe a touch of mid priced madness but overall pretty good - Lobbe see Jason's comment above - Freeman will he play early - Seedsman will he be a top 10 defender at the end of the year and is Aish overpriced for a cash cow or do you think he's a keeper !!
    5. Lion on the ground
      Lion on the ground
      Thanks for the responses mick and len. I think im set apart from ensuring my rookies are playing now after your advice. Im going to downgrade malceski to hibberd from nth who im moving in from mids. Add rookie playing in the mids and upgrade lobbe to grundy. How would that look now? I think aish will be top 15 defender for the year and will stay as my D6.

Leaves 40k in the bank

I think anyone ove 85 will be a defender keeper this year.
      Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    6. Lion on the ground
      Lion on the ground
      Ok. Changes made. I think seedsman will be a keeper and aish could be depending on his role.

Attached Files:

7. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      I remain unconvinced about Aish but balance looks better - experience tells me that mid priced madness is well named - so remember that when your hoping that things will change just because someone changed clubs - sometimes they do but not always for the better Malcheski for example !
    8. walesy
      walesy
      Solid squad mate. Priddis should be Mr. Consistant and criminally underrated as always.

What's your thoughts on Sloane? Underpriced from his injuries last year? How will Danger leaving effect his performances?
    9. Penske file
      Penske file
      A few have gone for Rice b7/8, read he has glandular fever.
    10. Lion on the ground
      Lion on the ground
      Thanks walesy, i think sloan will be top 5 mid for the year and his price takes me from naitanui who i had first up to stef martin. Will look at his NAB form but i think he will push into the high 110s for average. No danger isnt that much of an issue as sloan took the hard tag more cause danger wasnt really tagable. Thats why no j selwood for mine, selwood will keep the tag cause tagging danger is like tagging ablett.

I also agree on priddis. He is almost a POD cause no one picks him but he is a jet
      Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
      • Like Like x 2
    11. walesy
      walesy
      Solid thoughts on Sloane- Would love to know how effected his year was by injury last year, cause when on song- he was pumping out 140's more often than not!

That said, he might just be a flat track bully. :D
    12. RPritch
      RPritch
      People's thoughts on Mitch Duncan and his likelihood of pushing up to an average of about 107-109 this year alongside Danger and Selwood?
    13. Len
      Len
      This is my squad atm, changes daily but structurally it's how I want it..

[​IMG]
    14. Ratmata
      Ratmata
      I'm not sure anyone can afford to start without Goldy or with him. A real pickle for me.
    15. Ratmata
      Ratmata
      Surely there are a million better options in the middle or am I misguided?
    16. Len
      Len
      For me it's him or Martin, both is too expensive and I prefer Martin at this point
      • Like Like x 1
    17. walesy
      walesy
      Love the Shiel pick. So many Giants I want to pick. :D

Can I get your thoughts on Treloar? How do you think the move to Collingwood will effect him? Was running numbers the other day, and he stood out as the #1 prospect in being that guy who jumps from a 105 to a 115 mark. But that's without the move. :D

He's got an injury or OP or something yeah?
    18. Len
      Len
      If we wasn't being "managed" through the pre-season he would be in my squad for sure, he will cop less attention at the pies and be better served, if he starts starring in NAB he is a lock, but last I heard the language around round 1 was vague
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Ratmata
      Ratmata
      I've gone both, its a fair chunk of the cap.
      • Like Like x 2
    20. walesy
      walesy
      also, a way to post the myteam stuff straight to to a post is a good idea.

:myteam|12:
      • Like Like x 2