Rate My Team (RMT) 2016 - Mid February Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 9, 2016.

By Jason on Feb 9, 2016 at 4:23 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2016!

Let's set the ground rules for RMT, nice and clear.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, I'll put my current SC team up for discussion. :spoton:

Capture.JPG

Find that value, search hard and follow your instincts!
    Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong...
    ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 9, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Yeah I'm firming on Yeo now with Masten out and Sheed not 100%.
      Still like Simpson in there too though. Really want eski but think risk is too much if I take Libba and wells too.
    2. Len
      Len
      It's much easier to justify some of the mid-pricers this year, but for me it doesn't make them that much less risky, I have two at moment if you include Anderson, three will be my max, I hope..
    3. Owen
      Owen
      I think the mid pricers up forward and down back are more easily justified as (in my eyes) the top 10 averaging players at the end of year for forward and defence are much less set in stone than previous years. This is likely due to more DPP's being forced to be mid only? And then you look at Libba, Crouch, O'Meara and they look like bargains and potential keepers as M7, M8, M9. As much as I want a GNR I keep finding places for some mid pricers.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Here is my current team!
      A lot to spend in the rucks but I think it should equate to at least a 50pt advantage over most teams. They both ruck solo for their respective teams and are both very durable.
      Parker under priced by a fair amount in my eyes due to his injuries and would love to squeeze Wines in for the same reason. Think bother will average 110+ this year.
      I like Bennel over Barlow for supercoach. Hopefully his calf is alright but I think that Lyon won't take any of his crap and hopefully he pushes his average north by another 5+.

What do the great minds think?

[​IMG]
    5. Ratmata
      Ratmata
      Yeah, defence is really doing my head in again this year. Not sure who to pick.
    6. Ratmata
      Ratmata

He's in purely because of the ps hype. We'll see how he fairs after a run in the NAB.
    7. walesy
      walesy
      Bennell on talent alone is an easy selection- but he still hasn't rejoined the main group yet (gets back into it next week I believe) - which is a pretty big red flag.
    8. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Yeah I know see how he goes I guess. Heard on the radio the other day that he is hoping to play the last nab game. Has apparently put on 5kgs and has his best skin folds ever. Don't they all in the pre season?
    9. walesy
      walesy
      If he tears up the last Nab game, he'll come flying onto my radar I reckon.

Definitely has the potential to be the F1, so long as he plays enough games! :D
    10. Jason
      Jason
      Bartel won't play 22 games, coach was quoted yesterday confirming as much. I generally don't like starting keepers who I know will miss some games, so I won't be choosing Bartel.

Otherwise, nice structure. I like plenty of the selections because you a lot of the same names as my team!
    11. Penske file
      Penske file
      Jason like your backs and ruck, still need convincing on Wells, Mids a work in progress.I'm sure you have a forward thinking plan
    12. Len
      Len
      Strong squad, not totally sold on Bartel and Mal, and Bennell would be subject to fitness, but has a lot of the same feel as my current one.
    13. Jason
      Jason
      But I don't have Wells in my team?
    14. tobes_123
      tobes_123
      Like a couple of the others im not convinced with bartel as he wont be playing 22 games, for 5k less birchall is a much better option I would think and he has been training with the midfield during the pre season.
    15. Penske file
      Penske file
      Whoops! Same comments at Grizzles. Sorry Jason.
    16. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      wonder if kerridge will be the 1st player in history to be in 100% of teams
    17. walesy
      walesy
      You'll certainly know what percentage of the comp has any clue, won't you. :D
    18. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      very true

After watching last nights game, interesting to see that there hasn't been much love to Gibson this year.. Smitch always get overlooked so thats no surprise.. In other news, Daisy keeps that sort of performance up and he will be on everyone's radar(and i for 1 hope that he stays off cause every time iv gone to watch he has looked good)
    19. Nick
      Nick
      What are people's thoughts on Easton Wood as an alternative to Yeo or McMillan?
    20. walesy
      walesy
      Daisy's an interesting prospect, but you just look at the names that were off for the Blues last night (namely, Murphy and Gibbs) and wonder if that contributed to his scores.