Rate My Team (RMT) 2016 - Mid February Edition

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 9, 2016.

By Jason on Feb 9, 2016 at 4:23 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2016!

Let's set the ground rules for RMT, nice and clear.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, I'll put my current SC team up for discussion. :spoton:

Capture.JPG

Find that value, search hard and follow your instincts!
    Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong...
    ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 9, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. Nick
      Nick
      Nice team Grizzles.
      Parker would definitely be POD, I'm not sure about the Sydney mids this year. Apparently Jack is killing it. What with Titch's role be?
      Not convinced on Malceski, would have to see some solid NAB form to pick him, seem to struggle last year without good players around him. His game got exposed by opposition teams.
      Huge risk vs reward in your forward line with Buddy, Bennell and Wells. If all come off then you're laughing, but for me that's too much risk in one line. I'd also be wary of age catching up with Bartel.
    2. Nick
      Nick
      Here's my team, feedback welcome! Rookies obviously up in the air completely (other than Kerridge - wow!)

team.jpg
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      Yeah fair point (i think you meant Smurf and Crippa??) however, i think that crippa coming in shouldnt affect his score and he has something to prove this year.. Anyhoo, your right he is a wait and see proposition
    4. Jason
      Jason
      Your structure in terms of where you have spent your money per line is good. The five mid-pricers (200k to 400k) in your squad is certainly not GnR. All power to you if they all hit their straps and add 150k or more to their starting prices. If not, the GnR teams may generate more cash from their sheer number of rookies in the long run.

Still remains to be seen how many rookies will get a good crack at it in 2016, but my expectation is that the abolition of the sub rule will see more rookies available to us than we had in 2015.

Haven't seen a lot of teams with Easton Wood in there, certainly unique. He had his best year ever in 2015 and yet didn't crack the top 10 defenders. As a Bulldogs fan, I find it hard to see how Easton could take yet another step up in scoring during 2016, let alone whether he will be able to maintain his breakout 2015 scoring.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. walesy
      walesy
      I dunno, we were spoilt for choice since 2011, but the halcyon days of the Suns/Giants is over!

Might need to run some numbers comparing the cash generated from rookies over the years.
      • Like Like x 3
    6. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      what are peoples thoughts for Parker V Rockliff??
    7. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Why not both :D Think rocky will average more out of the 2. Just look at his run home last year.
    8. Penske file
      Penske file
      Spirio if both are not an option, you have to look at who else you have and decide who fits the balance of your team.I personally have Rocky ATM, b
    9. JC
      JC
      Yeah I'm not sure the removal of the sub rule means we'll see more rookies, but what it should do is take away the almost guaranteed stall in cash generation when your rookie copped a green vest.

And if cash generation does improve, it'll be interesting to see what impact that has on bye strategy given the later multi bye rounds this year. In the last couple of years byes have been upgrade season but with first bye in round 13 now, most coaches would be hoping to be well on the way to a completed team by then.
      • Like Like x 3
    10. lsco
      lsco
      My team is still under construction but having just completed a review of all the comments here I can't help but notice there is next to nobody with a Hawk in their team.

In thinking about it, is it just the fact there is too great a spread of points across all the Hawthorn players? I was considering Birchall but keep swapping him in and out. I'm not presently considering Smitch or Hodge...

They were the premiers after all... Is anyone considering a Hawk in their starting line up?
    11. RPritch
      RPritch
      I have Birchall in my side at the moment, but no one else. Sam Mitchell is obviously a safe option but I dislike him and don't rate him as high as others.
      Also don't forget that they struggled their way to 3rd, looking outside the top 3 most convincing teams for the first two-thirds of the season even though we knew they would make top 4 and lift for finals. Besides that, SC is a game about individuals and usually doesn't matter a lot who players are playing for and against
      • Like Like x 1
    12. walesy
      walesy
      I do like the Birch pick.

My biggest problem with the Hawks though, is that I see the majority of their premiums as being fully priced, and their money makers unlikely to play games.

Then there's the mid-pricers, which is a term I'm beginning to hate, who while there will definitely be improvement there- they are in full Win Now mode, so I do see any significant change occurring. Certainly not any move-into-premium level of change.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Owen
      Owen
      Suggestions for a term other than mid-pricer? Maybe they need to be split into subsections, i.e. undervalued, on the rise, I don't have a clue, etc.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Owen
      Owen
      Also, big news at the suns with David Swallow suffering a knee setback, JBomb not that close to a return and Prestia in doubt for all NAB games. Could Darcy McPherson be elevated? Could Aaron Hall be an option? Jesse Lonergan?
    15. walesy
      walesy
      Not sure, guess the thing is- either players are in the team to score points, or to make dollars.

"Mid pricer" generally implies that you're hoping a player's both, but also usually under-delivers in both.

Maybe it is the best way to describe them, I dunno- need a points/dollar ratio to run with or something,

Premium who won't increase in average: 10:0
      Rookie mid who will score 80's: 7:9
      Mid pricer who steps up into premium: 10:3

That sort of thing.
      • Like Like x 2
    16. walesy
      walesy
      Darcy has been getting a lot of wraps this pre-season.

Sounds like jom has had a setback, could be in line for an upgrade, dunno.
    17. Jason
      Jason
      Gold Coast only has 39 senior listed players, they could upgrade one rookie at any time.
      • Like Like x 3
    18. Owen
      Owen
      Cool. McPherson could be a nice quick money getter at the start, and he's a super cheap rookie.
      • Like Like x 2
    19. Piklz
      Piklz
      Nice! Although I'm not sold on Goldy at that price. I'm thinking Blicavs could potentially have a great supercoach year with his massive tank and the reduced rotations. Two mids coming back from knee reco's is risky. I only have the balls to take one (libba) lol. Rumor has it there could be issues with Petracca too
    20. Piklz
      Piklz
      Here's my first attempt.
      Not sold on the Essendon top up players just yet and I think some of the kids/cheapies will be changed at some point lol

D: H.Shaw/B.Houli/B.Smith/J.Aish/M.Dea/S.Collins (N.Broad/A.McDonald/Tipungwuti)

M: P.Dangerfield/S.Pendlebury/G.Ablett/M.Bontempelli/E.Yeo/T.Liberatore/D.Wells/B.Keays (A.Morabito/S.Menegola/M.Hibberd)

R: S.Martin/M.Blicavs (M.Chol)

F: D.Martin/C.Wingard/K.Tippett/J.Schache/C.Menadue/S.Kerridge (M.Brown/S.Yarran)