Rd.3 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NumberWonGuns, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Heater

Heater New Member

Why all the love for Dempsey? I don't rate this bloke to be honest.

I tend to agree with GaryReal. Back yourself. Only trade when injuries occur or if they are dropped. The only reason I would trade Coniglio now is to free up some cash to upgrade somewhere else...

2. Wayne

Wayne New Member

The mummy question is the one that troubles me most, a disappointing game against GWS (may have been carrying a niggle) and injured last week. All preseason I wanted him but now with a 1-0-3 ruck strategy I am not sure, if he is selected this week and is fit, Swans play Port Adelaide and he should dominate. Ask me tomorrow and I will probably give you a different answer, however I am only trading if he is not selected this week.

3. Moblets

Moblets New Member

if seaby is named i think i'm going to burn him. sideways to sandi while i can.

4. obleex

obleex New Member

Would going Mummy to a rookie ruck such as Rowe, and Ledger to Mitchell be a good move? Jumped on the Mummy train at the start of the year but it seems that a 1-0-3 ruck system is the way to go.

5. Moblets

Moblets New Member

i already have 1.0.3 and Mummy is my 1!!!

6. Turbs

Turbs New Member

Obleex , rowe will probably struggle to get much game time this year his fitness was lacking big time pre season ... And Carltons forward line will have walker back in a week or two so if it keeps performing well then opportunity may not be there for rowe

7. Turbs

Turbs New Member

Ill be sticking fat with my under performing team and hoping like hell that my selected players start seeing some big form... Trades to be kept in the bag at this stage they are just worth too much later in the year

current squad

Lids, scotto, shaw, birchall, morris, ellis, bugg, smedts, paine

Ablett, Pendles, Murphy, selwood, coniglio, magnet, c smith, jmac,

Mummy, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

Franklin, Martin, Fyfe, Dangermouse, R Gray, D smith, Dickson, Pffifer

Anyone know any news on pffifer ?? maybe Milera for pffifer only ??

Thoughts ??

8. n131982

n131982 New Member

Agree Mummy trade will likely depend on selection R3.
    Tough call given Sandi's early performance (against pretty ordinary comp, but smashed out big scores)

9. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

@obleex
    definitely a good idea to ditch the mummy
    I don't understand why everyone picks him as he is guaranteed to miss games every year and is just not as reliable as some other rucks.

Trade him for the big O, Redden or Giles....whichever one you don't have.

Then you can get Mitchell...or can I suggest Selwood if you don't already have him? Is set to go even higher this year IMO.

Ok so now the real question. I'm having so much trouble with the Broughton situation. Should I just stick with him and use my two trades to get rookies in? I'm going Paine->Milera and Ledger->Greene.

Or I could just do one of the rookie trades, and turn Broughton into Rance or Goddard. This has to be the hardest SC decision of my life please help!!!!!

10. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Double post*
    I'd prefer Rance over Goddard simply so I still have cash in the bank, I don't like sitting on a full salary cap.

11. n131982

n131982 New Member

Call me traditional but I just can't see Rance being an alternative to Goddard

12. Moblets

Moblets New Member

I can't understand anyone selecting Rance over Goddard. Enjoy the highs and lows my friends. I'll bank Goddards 100+ in each week thanks.

13. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Ok I have Broughton. He's struggling due to how Lyon is playing him. However, I also have Howard who is out for 4-5. He definitely needs to go. I have around 45K left in the bank so I was thinking of doing...

Howard > Mohr
    Broughton > Goddard

Only problem with Mohr is that he'll be my third GWS player in my defence along with Bugg and Darley. Thatll make it 8 GWS players in my line up and I feel that is too much.

Thoughts and suggestions, if you would please?

14. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

So you're saying I'm better off to have $zero in the bank after swapping Broughton to Goddard? I just like having some money leftover to give me better options down the track.

Also just discovered that trade would mean I can't afford any of my proposed rookie trades.

On a side note...are they good rookie trades? Paine and Ledger are my weakest selections apart from perhaps Smith (GWS). I think I'm basically trading slow burners for quick moo'ers in Greene and Milera.

I think now I'm leaning towards sticking with Broughton and picking up Goddard after rounds 6-8.

15. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

The problem with that theory is by rounds 6-8 you won’t be able to sell Broughton for a coke and 4'n20 pie and expect any change.
    Doesn’t make sense to keep a guy for the extra month while be bleeds cash and points compared to Goddard
    if your gonna give broughton the flick (which seems to be one of the most popular corrections people who have him are running with) its gotta be this week before the price drops, or keep him for the season.

16. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from 22nd_best_on_Field on April 12, 2012, 09:13
    ... if your gonna give broughton the flick (which seems to be one of the most popular corrections people who have him are running with)...
    </blockquote>

Going by the thumbs in Best Buys, the majority of owners are holding onto him. But that may not mean much.

17. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

chris88, you wouldn't happen to be Rance's male stalker by any chance?

18. Alex_26

Alex_26 New Member

I have to get rid of Bouman obviously not going to get games. So was thinking trade bouman and move smedts into the back line then get A.Kennedy in the forward line. Does that sound like a good idea? I already have 5 other GWS players is that too many?

19. Lion24

Lion24 New Member

Any thoughts on Broughton to Waters? I know he's was injured last year & he's likely to get suspended at some point but he's a fair bit cheaper than Broughton & his breakeven suggests he's going up this week.

20. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Really stuck here guys... Thinking I might need 3 "correction trades" but defintely 2 this week.

Martin has to go. He might be back but I need the cash and he's my worst scoring premium... Shaw could go to but I think he will deliver and is still going to score well.

So it's Martin >>>> N.Roo/WhiteX/Chornes/Walker/Milera/Porplyzia/

Trouble is, which one? The first 3 could easily be keepers going on current form. The last 3 not likely but plenty of cash. Thoughts?

Second trade is Swan >> Pendles. Sideways yeas but 40PPG for &#36;31k. Easy decision.

Any thoughts?