RE: Limited Trade Game

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by HOLKY, Jun 17, 2013.

1. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

<p class='Quote]This is how this thread started: I came up with the idea of aselection game where you choose your side but can't trade. Jason commented that the selection game wouldn't generate much interest during the season, so I proposed the idea of a Limited Trade Game where you get 5-10 trades for the season, thus placing a more strategic emphasis on efficient trading (see below). <p class='Quote]HOLKY wrote:
    Yeah, but that's when it gets interesting. I might make it so you can trade players if they get a long-term injury (5+ weeks out) but the fact that they have no trades will really get people to think about strategy, especially with rookies and the bye weeks. The decisions are what make it interesting, without week-by-week decisions to be made the interest level will probably dwindle. An analogy would be picking 23 rounds worth of footy tips before the season starts and then watching to see how that pans out. Might be an interesting set of decisions pre-R1, but wouldn't be very interesting thereafter. Holky wrote: If you pick a balanced side, instead of picking rookies you are unsure of, the strategy would be to pick a few rookies but also midpricers, I could make it limited trades, i.e. 5-10 for the year so people have to use them strategically, I guess that would be more interesting than a Prediction game... Yeah, I reckon limited trades is the way to go.

2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Hey holky, so i am clear you are proposing everyone has a free hit at their starting 30, then can name a captain and vice captain, emergencies etc as normal. <br/> <br/>So the ONLY difference to regular supercoach is that instead of 30 trades there are only 5-10 for the season, and i am assuming a limit of 2 per round and 3 during byes (if they count). <br/> <br/>Will you start in round 1 or later? <br/>will it run to round 23 or finish earlier ? <br/>will bye rounds count ?? <br/> <br/>Any other tweaks ???

3. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I'm contemplating whether to count bye rounds... Jason ellaborated on what you said. A straight 30 and no trades wouldn't generate as much interest although conceptually, it would be awesome. Limited trades, Rounds 1-23, I'll take a vote on MB rounds (I personally hate them). I might make it freetrade for the first 3 rounds so people can shore up their rookies and make required tweaks. More info closer to the 2014 season. Right now I'm seeing if anyone's interested in this idea or the Selection Game idea.