Risky 200K-300K ?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, Mar 11, 2011.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Otten, Knights, Anthony, Ward, Kerr, Fraser!!! But 3 of those guys are on my bench for added security for the byes.... Yep im taking a massive risk!!! Ive got 7 players priced $300-$400 aswell...

Think i may need to re-evaluate my strategy!!!

2. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on March 11, 2011, 18:46
    Otten, Knights, Anthony, Ward, Kerr, Fraser!!! But 3 of those guys are on my bench for added security for the byes.... Yep im taking a massive risk!!! Ive got 7 players priced &#36;300-&#36;400 aswell...

Think i may need to re-evaluate my strategy!!!</blockquote>

Kerr is an interesting one. if he avoids injury then he could be a real bargain.

3. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

@stkildathunda

I certainly couldn't go with the mid price strategy but it's it's good to see one regular poster on here give it a go. I'm interested to see how you go this season.

Only Krak and Ottens for me. I consider Ottens rookie priced though so I only count 1.

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Yea i got bored seeing all the same kinda teams being put together so decided id take a different route. Gotta take a risk and have luck on your side to win it, even to win the leagues by overall points so its a gamble im prepared to take...

I have stacked my fwds/backs and the 7 300-400K players include Higgins, Gray and my 2 rucks Jolly/McEvoy

Must say i probably wouldnt take this approach if it wasnt for the byes..

5. Corks

Corks Member

Krak good again at the half in the NAB. He's a lock now. Jolly hardly sighted...sex on the beach the answer.

6. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

@stkildathunda

I have a similar strategy. I have Knights, Neon, Higgins & Adcock. I also have Ottens and Gamble as D7 & F7 respectively.

7. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Thunda I don't think I'll go quite there, but my team will probably have a premium per team or something similar. Maybe more from Ess/Carl/Rich/Port and less from the teams in the triple byes.

Won't try to be too cute, but I don't want to see 5 or 6 prems sitting on the pine replaced by rookies, regardless of the fact it's only for one week.

Ideally I'd like to be on the pace first few weeks, barrel past most teams going for overall when the triple byes come along, and have full upgrades done methodically by Rd 15.

Can't see it happening though. Form and injuries have killed me in the past and I'm certain they will do so again.

8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on March 13, 2011, 02:20
    Thunda I don't think I'll go quite there, but my team will probably have a premium per team or something similar. Maybe more from Ess/Carl/Rich/Port and less from the teams in the triple byes.

Won't try to be too cute, but I don't want to see 5 or 6 prems sitting on the pine replaced by rookies, regardless of the fact it's only for one week.

Ideally I'd like to be on the pace first few weeks, barrel past most teams going for overall when the triple byes come along, and have full upgrades done methodically by Rd 15.

Can't see it happening though. Form and injuries have killed me in the past and I'm certain they will do so again.</blockquote>

Wise words I reckon there Lucas! A lot can be taken from this little excerpt of your plans

FWIW I have only one player between 200 and 300 - but will prob add krakouer to Fraser to make it 2.

9. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Ive still got the big name premiums in Roo, Gibbs, Lids, BJ, Pav etc so i dont see im really going to be that far off the points round 1. Just no premiums in the midfield, but dont have to play as many rookies as everyone else which is where i think i can make up points lost by the mid premiums.

Ive had to switch things around since the latest injury to be able to bring Krakwhore in.

Only time will tell which strategy is the best for season 2011...

10. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

@thunda and Lucas

You both seem to have the two polar opposite strategies which I have gone backwards and forward with all preseason. And It's doing my Head In.

Currently I'm taking a risk on Krak's(of course), Banfield and Duncan. The Forward line conundrum which we are all going through has forced my hand to go with some of these guys, as a POD risk and an upgrade strategy.

Helps me Go 6 keeper backline to start with, Sex on the Beach ruck and a healthy GNR midfield.

Mzungu has stuffed my plans a bit, but will see what I can do.

On another note I've got 5 players in the 300-450k range which I think is the riskier option than the 200-300k range, but with players like Grimes falling in this mark I hope the risk is worth it.

11. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

I'm back to Petrie for Rd 2 & 4 (F6) & R6 bye cover, given his latest practise match form & cheapness. Could he be a keeper given lack of confidence with prem forwards (Didak, Chappie, JRoo etc) & inj to Callinan & Mzunga.
    Also have Ottens & Astbury/McKernan I've tried but just cannot break away from the extra security of fwd/def for bye cover. Also have Grimes & Sylvia, anyone putting them in the risky category?

12. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

@Nick
    I wrote a small write up on the Carlton v Geelong practice match in the "NAB Cup Grand Final – Collingwood v Essendon" Topic, but basically to answer your question Yarran was superb! He racked up a heap of possessions off half back and set up a lot of plays, and in general his disposal was good. He has definitely made me consider him for my team...

13. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Got Petrie, Knights and Kraks.

Got Gamble as well, think he'll live up to the punt?

14. Grunta

Grunta New Member

Gunna wait a couple weeks on Gamble methinks.

15. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

just bought kraks in, but had to downgrade a good value prem to a good value midpricer... still not sure if its worth it.

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

<blockquote>Quote from NotTooSerious on March 13, 2011, 09:13
    @Nick
    I wrote a small write up on the Carlton v Geelong practice match in the "NAB Cup Grand Final – Collingwood v Essendon" Topic, but basically to answer your question Yarran was superb! He racked up a heap of possessions off half back and set up a lot of plays, and in general his disposal was good. He has definitely made me consider him for my team...</blockquote>

Thanks heaps mate! Glad to hear he is continuing his good form. Really puts him in the spotlight for me now. All forward lines will be risky this year, which is kind of exciting compared to the backline, and these mid tier potential PODs could make or break some teams.