RMT please!

Discussion in 'RMT' started by julz1986, Mar 23, 2012.

1. julz1986

julz1986 New Member

Here we go, feel free to not hold back, not overly happy with the Mid too be honest but going against the rookie ruck starting took away my of my cash, just see Maric being able to punch out solid 80-100 at the tigers with his bigger body, they've had rubbish ruckmen for a while now.

Gone heavy on the DPP(they're underlined) as i always like too, for cover.
    Bank: $43,400

Back
    Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Ellis, Lake, Dempsey, Clarke
    Bugg - Smedts

Mid
    Ablett, Selwood, Dangerfield, Hayes, McDonald, Magner
    Pfeffier - Docherty

Ruck
    Mcintosh, Maric
    Miles - Stephenson

Fwd

Franklin, Pavlich, Chapman, Martin, N.Riewoldt, Porplyzia, D.Smith
    Tomlinson - Kerridge

2. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

3. JackosDream

JackosDream Member

Not sure I'm keen on Dempsey because he's coming off a knee reconstruction and the clubs always say the players are better with a year under their belt. Marty Clarke has dubious job security and he's trying to break into a strong side. I think the mids are risky with Dangerfield who promises so much every year but his Supercoach points don't reflect his true worth to the team. Lenny Hayes is in the same boat as Dempsey so I think he makes a very risky 4th mid premium. In the forwards, I can see that you could have a flying start if they fire, but you are losing the ability to make a bit of money to upgrade to premiums and the Porpoise isn't a premium. Hope this helps (and makes sense).

4. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

This isn't the year to focus on DPP. With the removal of the weekly bye merry-go-round from consideration, it isn't anywhere near as critical. Suggest you aim to trade into creating links when you bring in new players mid-season.

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@julz,

It really does pay dividends to read all the RMT threads carefully. If you did that you would know that Lake/Dempsey/Clarke is simply asking for trouble and that you have a Seaworld side. You would also know that MPP, even if you love it, is not essential this year until we get to the byes, whereupon you trade into it. It would also be apparent that Billie is old news (at least for me he is).

Docherty will be a good downgrade option later in life. McDonald/Pfuffer, your money, your risk. Hayes high risk when there are better alternatives. Dangermouse cannot be MID, no matter how carefully you have constructed your MPP. He must be FWD.

FWD line looks okay :)

6. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

guys any thoughts on Lake v Bower (and 130k) in the bank?
    thanks

7. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Bower is a Lake/Dempsey/Clarke in a different coloured jumper.
    Try to aim for no more than 30-40 in the bank.

8. DCAK

DCAK New Member

Hi Julz, I'm gonna come right out and say it, I don't like your team, here's why:

Back
    Lake (injury risk), Dempsey (injury risk), Clarke (better rookie options)
    Smedts (not in Cats best 22)

Mid
    Dangerfield (He's a FWD), Hayes (injury risk), Docherty (he's not even gonna play, injured)

Ruck
    Miles (he's a midfielder)

Fwd
    Chapman (He will be cotton-wooled through the year), N.Riewoldt (No!), Kerridge (Not in Crows best 22)

So, as I see it you've made 11 selection misjudgements out of 30. 5/10.