Round 1 banter

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by jimbowan, Mar 18, 2014.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Should have just read your first post JC and then logged out. You had succeeded in talking me out of him and intriguing me with 'better options'. Then Len did his usual trick of talking me back into him. Simon suggests Ollie is the option. Ollie is both a Warrior and a Port man, so I do have some bias. He will (and is) pick up the slack as Cassisi and Cornes fade out and will be an elite midfielder (in time). Having recently signed up for another term, he has no issues hanging and enjoys Adelaide. He is a tank. However Chad Wingard is a stealth bomber and at this stage of their careers I would choose him over Ollie, if you could only have one. Port have quite a number returning from injury and it does not look good for Impey or Clurey, despite being in a winning side. Based on a telegram from NY to the coach, Polec looks safe.

2. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

The Nuffers are feeling a bit like Blues, Pies, Tigers & Hoppers. Dixon[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] concussed and subbed 2nd Q Broadbent[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] vestedon last Q Rhys Palmer[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='white-space: pre;] hammy 1st Q The enthusiasm at the Nuffers has taken a battering. It's starting to look like a long season already.

3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Just casting my eyes over all the rooks who have been named. We are particularly spoiled in MID and, surprisingly, FWD. A couple of 'em are fill-ins until injured players return, while for a few more JS will depend on win or lose. Who would have thought Matty Crouch would become a downgrade target? This second half of the round will frustrate a few when not all the high-priced rooks go bang and a couple of cheapies score big. Thinking Sheed/Dunstan vs Gleeson and Billings vs McCarthy/Taylor (Hey JC!!). How long will Hawthorn stick with their rooks? I would suggest at least until a big game (like Geelong) comes up. Indications are they can beat anyone at the moment, so can afford to get some game time into a few kids. Lucky if you picked Wanganeen. It is the sort of wealth that will also have people moaning, wish I had taken him instead of him. Whereas many of us in previous seasons would just breath a sigh of relief to see our rookie choices named, vest or no. After the round is over there will be a mass migration from Martin to whoever was the best performing MID rookie. All in the name of 'corrective trades'. Glad I did not cop this for this year.