Round 10: Review.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by JackosDream, Jun 1, 2008.

By JackosDream on Jun 1, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  1. JackosDream

JackosDream Member

I’m doing something abit different this week, going through the top 10 stars and the top 10 flops for the week with a few other little fun facts along the way. Hopefully you enjoy it. Warning: Some views may be bias, but harden up and get over it.

<!--more-->

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 22pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">STARS[span style="font-size: 20pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">&nbsp;[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">In my eyes the top
    10 over performers of the weekend. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">10. Goodwin – 155

[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">And he was hardly on
    the ground in the first quarter. Should help a lot of teams to a good win this
    win. Get it? <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">9. Bradshaw – 147.[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

Labelled the Brisbane Twin Towers with Brown.
    These boys a working together lovely, but with Black drilling the ball in, which forwards wouldn’t?<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">8.[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';"> Adam Goodes –

AFL’s love child, the worst Brownlow medallist ever, let alone dual Brownlow
    medallist but, I suppose he is an OK footballer. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">7. St. Kilda’s Nine – Ave: 131.[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

Yes, Roo is back, Nick Dal is ripping it up, Goddard tripled his score in Junktime, Tanga is back after a couple of down
    weeks, Jones is some no-name that
    down alright, Fisher is always
    solid, Good on you if you held on to Gram,
    Schneider went bang 5 times.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">6. Daniel&nbsp;Alphabet – 138.[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

9 marks, 7 tackles, 25 touches of the pill and snagged a goal. I know Adam ‘Casper’ Cooney scored but points,
    had more touches and one extra goal. He is that white I couldn’t actually see
    him – atleast with Gia you can see
    his arms when he goes for a mark.&nbsp;Gilbee deserves a special mention, very
    high effectively to get 135 points.<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">5. Gary Ablett – 157[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

I’m jealous.<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">4. Stevie J – 164.[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

After lots of 90’s and other terrible scores. People slowly started jumping off
    him and I reckon the last few that were still on the Johnno-train hopped off at the Round 9 stop after only 30 points.
    But, then he went bang. All aboard? Choo Choo.<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">3. Cox – 155[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

With ruckmen copping it from everywhere this week, he just showed Gerard Healy
    that ruckmen play a huge part in the game. Racking up both touches and hitouts.
    Note: &nbsp;Healy did actually say that Dean
    is a very good ruckmen, but he did give ruckmen in general a good clip. Special
    mention: 211 for his 128 points. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">2. Ball – 172[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

Highest score of the round, found himself 29 times and tackled people holding
    himself 10 times. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">1. Jonathan BrownDawg – 165.[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

WOOHOO THE BROWNIE IS BACK. He
    kicked 6 goals and 7 behinds. Imagine if he slotted a couple more. Everyone has
    him now so it’s going to make no difference to your NR, but still it’s nice to see
    him back and scoring. Hurt he’s knee, but he will be fine. He wins this week’s Star
    of the round. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 22pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">FLOPS[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">In my eyes the top
    10 underperformers of the round. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">10. Marc Murphy – 53[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

After having a ripper start to the season has dropped off a bit the last two
    weeks. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">9. Scott Lucas – 31[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

Playing a terrible team, back from injury and is overrated anyway. Enough said.<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">8. Andrew McLeod – 69[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

If I had been doing this since the start of the season you would only ever
    expect him in here for a guest appearance, but at the moment he would becoming
    a regular with these scores from the last 4 weeks:&nbsp;68, 44, 39, 69. Not good enough for an
    absolute legend of the game. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">7. Melbourne – Not many.[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

Who cares? You shouldn’t have any Melbourne players in your team. Except White who got an okay 78. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">6. Nath Thompson – 18[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

I really feel for you if you haven’t found a way to trade him out yet, especially
    with all these cheap forwards going around. You should be ashamed.<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">5.[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';"> Hawthorn Team –

70’s fever has hit the Hawks with 3 stars all getting 70’s Lewis, Birchall and Young. Buddy got an below average 99 and only one player crack the ton was
    Ricky ‘Martin’ Ladson with 107. Bateman with a 78 and Mitch with 96 are also down on their
    averages. Rioli doesn’t back up his
    128 scoring 101 less with a 27<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">&nbsp;4. Stiffy Johncock – 48[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

Playing the team worst at holding SuperCoach scores down, in some fine nick with an
    average of 118 the last 4 weeks you would expect a good easy 100, but no he
    some ferret in Winderlich hold him down. Bloody hell. What is with tagging
    running backmen McLeod, Gilbee, Shaw and now Stiff. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">3. Troy ‘hack’ Simmonds – 26.[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

It would be a waste of trade to upgrade him, but really this is getting
    annoying. Stick with him, though he might start finding the nut<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">2. Chadwick Cornes – 56[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

Get excited his price is falling rapidly. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">1. Heath Shaw – 31[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

I’m not to Shaw what the hell he is going to do about these ferrets climbing
    all over him cause he just can’t seem to shake them off. Now we are going to
    see every team do it after seeing the affects it has been having on Gilbee early in the year and now McLeod. New phase? <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">Don’t agree
    with any of the selections? Or just want to brag about getting 2400+? Leave a
    comment.<o:p></o:p>

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by JackosDream, Jun 1, 2008.