Round 10 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, May 22, 2011.

1. Muppets

Muppets Member

@Chris88 - yes you are a little crazy for considering McQualter.

@ TassieHawk - if you're going for both leagues and overall then you have to start thinking about how much your rookies will play for now. If they get dropped after only a handful of games then you're hamstrung with trades later on that you will now have to make cos you're likely to cop some donuts. I've been burnt before come the finals only thinking about the money a downgrade makes me without considering what the new rookie will be able to do later. At some point it doesn't matter if they make money cos they won't be traded, they just need to be playing and provide consistent cover. I can't see Skinner doing that for example. It's why I'm unsure on Darley. Mind you it looks like he'll be more value than Smedts so I may still bring him in for young Billie.

2. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Mohr >>>> Darley.

No upgrades. Which is astonishing considering I have $450k in the bank and another $200 thanks to that downgrade. But my trades are starting to pinch and with the current team, can cover all the byes with upgrades and take no donuts in the process. Theory being, I'll be busily upgrading whilst everyone else is scurrying to cover donuts!! Well, that's the theory....

3. PrimeMinisterHird

PrimeMinisterHird New Member

Ok, need some advice.

Option 1: Just upgrade Bugg to Waters (I have the cash).

But this leaves me with both Morris and Ellis still in the side.

Option 2: Ellis to Darley, Morris to Waters.

This option leaves me with Bugg and limited JS on the bench (Darley, Smedts).

Any advice GREATLY appreciated.

I have 13 trades left btw.

4. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

@PM Hird

Option 2 would leave you quite exposed come the bye in the next round (although I’m not sure if this is a concern), as you would bring in 2 R11 bye players for 2 R13 ones.

So I like option 1: Bugg to Waters instead of Morris. Bugg and Waters share the same bye, and Morris has greater JS than Bugg imho.

You could then trade Ellis to Darley, but it doesn’t open up much cash. Would help for the R13 bye though.

5. Muppets

Muppets Member

@PM Hird - why don't you just wait on Waters until after his bye. You only get him for this week then he has a week off. Perhaps do Bugg to Darley this week as it won't effect byes then either of Ellis or Morris to Waters in round 12. You could also think about Smedts to Waters if you have the cash and aren't confident with your coverage.

6. PrimeMinisterHird

PrimeMinisterHird New Member

@Muppets. That could be pure gold. Thanks.