Round 10 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, May 22, 2011.

1. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Just the one trade for me this week.
    Grimes -> Goddard

Praying Sandilands plays

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Can't seem to let go of any of my midpricers...
    Duigan, trying to offload him for a premium back but if I downgrae Tappy to Lynch I'll just have 170k, then I'll have around 450k for a prmium defender, already have Goddard, Broughton, Adcock, Newman and Suckling, and trying to avoid Geelong, Carlton, North Melbourne and Essendon players......Not enough for Heathy Shaw..
    Lower, could get rid of him for Shaw, but, cant seem to give him up with his score of 143 and the fact that he hasn't scored less then 80 un less he has been subbed off
    Buckley, still to cheap to load off i reckon at 220k.
    Otten, maybe could offload him for Gibbs but that's going against my rule of no sc league bye teams.... But.maybe
    Tapscott, already planning to loadhim off
    Darling, coming off 84, with hardly any marks and just 1 goal is a great effort....but..has he peaked?
    Krakouer, cant seem to let him go because of his Specky against adelaide, his awesome goal aginst adelaide and his awesome goals against the doggies, he's just a guy that i'm priveliged to have in my team ;)
    Matera....could offload for a premium......but not sure, only around 430-440k, and the likes of Sylvia, Harvey, Franklin, Brown are all 470k+.
    Is Mark LeCras a good option at 370k, seems to be playing alot more midfield, had him last year and definitely enjoyed his score of 226 or around that, and accidently put him captain, so made me love him even more, put an injured player who was my captain on the bench and forgot to take the big C off LeCras....
    Any thoughts?

3. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

I'm thinking of Hodge Manc1, it's between Hodge and Ablett for me. My thinking is that Hodge is more likely to score his BE against the dogs than GAJ is against the Cats. Then I can get another look at GAJ when his team is getting smashed to see if he can still bust out a score, and if he does bring him in the following week just in time for his 200th game. If he doesn't perform then I can bring in Mundy after a nice price drop instead. Does this logic sound OK?

4. HardyMat

HardyMat New Member

Sainter I am having the same dilemma, I think the main problem is that it was such a high scoring round that there is now a lot of emotional attachment with getting rid of some players that have had a stunner over the weekend.

Maybe try waiting a couple more days until all the injury news comes out from the weekend and you may be forced a trade. I am seriously doubting broughton though after bringing him at the start of a season as a premium, lower is quickly getting to his price (or is that brougton dropping to lowers price?)

5. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 New Member

Just wondering what ppl's thoughts are on downgrading either Darling/Dawes to GC's Lynch and then Matera to Buddy? I have 14 trades left...advice? Cheers boys

6. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

To me Buddy is a must. You want all premiums not mid-tier players so ug/dg until your team is full of guys like Buddy.

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Agree re: Buddy - get him in now!

@Matty C and Manc

Also have my eyes firmly on Hodge. Looking really good from here on in, fully fit and a bargain, with the Hawks playing great footy, and they do play GC twice to come.

Tappy - Lynch is the no brainer most are doing.

For me its whether I go:

Swallow - Hodge

OR

Matera - Fyfe

Any ideas?

8. Manc1

Manc1 New Member

@Matty_C and Nick - Thanks for the comments. Was pretty much set on Hodge this week and Ablett next. Reckon he might go big against the Dogs and surely, if anyone can contain Ablett it'll be Geelong. The only thing that worries me is the predicted price rises for next week and the next 3 rounds. Ablett (+15K / +31K). Hodge (+7K / -1K)!! How accurate are these predictions?

9. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

Tough call Nick, Hodge could be the bargain of the season if he finds form again or he could just as easily continue to get played out of position and saved for finals.

Fyfe is more expensive but looks like the real deal, especially with the lack of options down forward. I guess it comes down to team balance and how it will affect your future trades.

My forward line is pretty stacked so Fyfe isn't an option for me atm, but I liked the look of Hodge on the weekend and he has a good average against the Dogs and at Etihad.

10. turbo

turbo New Member

Looks fairly straight forward for me this week, although I'm sure that will change on Thur night!

Krak > Jacobs to establish D/M link
    Tappy > Lynch

11. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

Manc1 the predictions are based on current averages, so those prices will be true if Ablett scores 119 and Hodge scores 98 for the next three games. Have a play around with the salary predictor by clicking on the players name and then salary prediction and then punch in what scores you think they might get to get a more accurate estimation.

12. mooneh

mooneh New Member

for me pretty straight forward with tappy to lynch, But i have no idea what to do with higgins

13. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Will Steven May continue get games for Gold Coast?
    Thoughts on
    Tapscott>>May/Mzungu/Breust
    Duigan>>Shaw/Malceski
    Malceski is ahead of Shaw with Shaw having the bye in the next few weeks and scoring 67 last round
    Malceski bye in the multi bye round and with his first game back scored 96...surely just gonna get better?

14. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Still got $250K in the bank for 2 more upgrades and at first thought thinking of going:

Vince - Montagna
    Heppell - Murphy/Judd/Pendles

Would leave me with midfield of Mundy, Thompson, Dal Santo, Boak, Montagna & Murphy/Judd/Pendles with Krak, Harris as backup and Curnow still waiting to be culled down to a sufficient cash cow.

Then next week do Krak - Mzungu

Some will say hold onto Heppell but im not going to have him at the end of the year and theres no way to swing him into my D7 spot without sacrifising BJ/Gibbs/Lids into the midfield so as he nearly peaked its time to make a move and had really always planned on it with this bye.

15. Manc1

Manc1 New Member

Thanks Matty_C. That makes sense. Wasn't aware of the salary predictor. That'll be another few hours a week spent on Supercoach... great.

16. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Once again I'm in 2 minds for my captain choice, had Selwood pencilled in until I realised Eagles were up against Collingwood, and with Jolly out, Cox will surely have a day out against Wood and Leigh Brown?

17. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I have a couple of choices for my round 10 trades

A)
    OUT: Tapscott
    IN: Lynch
    OUT: Lower
    IN: Malceski/Shaw

B)
    IN: May
    OUT: Duigan
    IN: Malceski/Shaw

C)
    IN: Lynch
    OUT: Matera
    IN: J.Riewoldt

Not sure about C as I've been told Darling and Krakouer are players who should stay on field....and one will sit on pine with that trade

I'm thinking B, as i'd rather trade Duigan than Lower, as Lower scored 143 last week, and hasn't scored under 80 other than 2 games where he has been subbed (37,41) and Lower's bye is in multi bye round, and Duigan's is in the finals, which is where I may need him.....I've practically answered my question but I want to see what others think of it

18. bama

bama Active Member

Conca to Jacobs and Krak to GAJ for me this week.

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

what you said, sainter - B. Can you get Lynch IN, or is he too expensive?

20. demonspud

demonspud Member

probably means T Lynch from GC..downgrade