Round 10 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, May 22, 2011.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Players don't drop when they don't play, HardyMat!

2. HardyMat

HardyMat New Member

No I meant when he comes back after say 3 weeks out injured, he will then have the two price drops. What is the point of keeping him?

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@Nick, Tappy will come back, and if I keep him this round I may as well keep him for bench coverage for the whole season! And if i keep him for the whole season, i don't care what his breakeven is! Because he will still score points and still play and still replace a player with an injury or bye! I won't need his price to go up if I keep him i'll just need him to be on the park!
    See my point?

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@HardyMat, same as what i've been saying, keep him this round, then i may keep him the whole season on the pine, he'll still play and still score, even if he goes down price......so, there is point, as i said, i'd rather have Tappy replacing someone than Matera, Matera got 120 when he kicked 4 goals, and 94, because ke kicked a winning goal or a match sealing goal, extra points, while Tapscott, kicks long hwich means extra points....plus is by is in the multi bye round, so i wont bee missing him...

5. squirrelgrips

squirrelgrips New Member

My team is a bit differnet than most. I'm going for league win and atm have 18 trades left and sitting 5-1 win/loss. I have been pretty lucky but need to cash in and upgrade as quickly as possible. Its now a problem deciding how to upgrade most effectively. Holding on to players and trades has meant missing out on rookies on the bubble so i have no puopolo, hibberd and a few others.

current team is
    Backs - 4 prems + hurn, lower, grundy/markovic(MPP), batchelor, otten

Mids 5 prems + heppell, curnow, harris, krak/Didak(MPP)

Fwds - tappy, darling, matera, grundy/markovic(MPP), prestia(also MPP), Watts, Siposs, Richardson and a bloke named Franklin..

i have avoided donuts thus far by swapping around but its definitely cash in time.

So some questions

I. Smith or T lynch??

Who to cull for Jacobs in backs.
    Do i downgrade/upgrade every week or double downgrade to get maximum value from rookies on the bubble( my preference this week)
    Apologies for long post but its a slow news day and i need another coffee!!

6. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

If Smith is named this week for the Hawks, and taking everything into account, who would you better off with?

Smith or Lynch?

I will take Mzungu in the midfield I think, just not sure who to pick between Smith or Lynch though to replace Tapscott.

Not sure what to do this week. I intended to bring Chappy in this week, but won't afford it (if I go for Lynch in my forward line).

My other option is to do a double downgrade this week and then double upgrade next week.

I would most likely be brining in Mzungu and Lynch/Smith (if named)

I just don't know between Lynch and Smith.

7. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

D Stanley (highest BE of my cows) for B Jacobs
    &
    Irons for I Smith
    all dependant upon teams this week of course.

8. FoxSportsNews

FoxSportsNews New Member

how do I create a forum?

9. FoxSportsNews

FoxSportsNews New Member

don't worry i just realiused the little forum bar ;)

10. squirrelgrips

squirrelgrips New Member

Yeah, Smith or Lynch. If both are named i might do Smith as a forward and get MPP with Krak and Didak(dud of the year-199k)

11. Wrighty

Wrighty New Member

Let down again by Harry O again also Markovic just does not score enough .need to downgrade this week to pick up some primos next week as only 20k in kick, ideas?

12. Quiche

Quiche New Member

Want Ablett, but...

To do it this week I'd need quick cash and would have to downgrade

Krakouer/Darling to Lynch

OR

Lower/Duigan to Jacobs

And then upgrade Conca to Ablett.

Should I go hard and do the above scenario OR

Do a double downgrade this week [Tapscott to Lynch & Batchelor to Jacobs] and trade in Ablett next week?

Trading in Ablett gives me 5 Prem Mids (also have Mundy, Selwood, Pendlebury, Boyd) + Harris.

FYI, overall rank is 4784 so not in contention for overall prize, but gunning for league wins.

13. BluesBrothers

BluesBrothers New Member

Have a very nice $590,800k in the bank!Downgraded for 2 weeks now and this is my side, my backline and midfield will be changing over the next ew weeks, 16 trades, very happy with this
    BACKLINE:
    Goddard-Deledio-Gibbs-Rawlings-Duigan-Lower-Buckley-McKernan-Jacobs-Pederson
    MIDFIELD
    Swan-Judd-Chapman-Kerr-Heppell-Hibberd-Speight-Phillips-Caddy
    RUCKS:
    Cox-Sandilands-Gorringe-Tippett(K)Had since start, have Joel in fwds.
    Franklin-Sylvia-Harvey-Riewoldt-Rieowldt-SJohnson-Darling-Pitt-I.Smith-Tippet(J)

2 upgrades next week, i'll keep urt Tippett to replace Snadi and back to the pine he goes when Sandi returns....
    Did well topping 2400 with this side last week, My forward line knocked 777 points 760 for backs etc. Thinking to upgrade Speight and McKernan for premiums!
    Thoughts?

14. squirrelgrips

squirrelgrips New Member

Should I go hard and do the above scenario OR

Do a double downgrade this week [Tapscott to Lynch & Batchelor to Jacobs] and trade in Ablett next week?

Re above. I'd go with this option. I might do exactly the same.

15. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

After NRoo's 141 it shocked me he is $388,000 was planing on bringing in S.Thompson for Dangerfield, but now NRoo is tempting both will rise this week
    cant afford:
    Danger,Krak>Thommo, NRoo

and now i have a very,very tough decision to make and would really appreciate some help, cheers

16. BluesBrothers

BluesBrothers New Member

Go Krak to NRoo, but i may just be saying that because my family goes for the saints, and I see alot of him on the TV, dad hogs tv, i may not be the best person to tell you what to do for this..

Anyways
    My planned trades have gone down the drain once again, and I;m thinking
    OUT: L.Thomspson
    IN: C.Pederson (if selected (8VFL goals))
    OUT: Duigan
    IN: Malsceski/Shaw

17. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

This is my two week planned side

Backs: Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, Goddard, Shaw, Suckling, Lower (Hibberd, Toy, L. Thompson)
    Mids: Swan, Pendles, Selwood, Boyd, Ablett, Swallow (Mzungu, I. Smith, Heppell)
    Rucks: Cox, Z. Smith (Sandilands, Campbell)
    Forwards: Franklin, N. Riewoldt, J. Riewoldt, Pavlich, Goodes, Chapman, Darling (Lynch, Prestia, Richardson)

If players follow their projected breakevens I'll have 30k to spare after getting rid of Krak/Libba this week for Ablett/Lynch and Matera/Harris for Chapman/Mzungu next week. This will leave me with 9 trades left and Darling/Mzungu as F7, Heppel/Lower as D7 and Swallow/Heppell as M6.

Given that all goes to plan and no one else does a serious injury, does this sound like a good plan or are there others I should target?

18. Zander

Zander Moderator

@squirrel grips

There was a post on here a few days ago, cant remember which thread, but it listed all the future rookie downgrades by position who are still haven't played their 3rd game. It seems there are only a few defensive downgrades left, so you should get them while you can.

19. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Two downgrades for me. Tappy for Lynch and Libba/Harris for Jacobs for me. The Peoples Republic of Mzungu for me next week.

20. torcida

torcida Member

BluesBroth-ers - $590,800k - 2much money in the kitty mate time to do some upgrades ..
    wouldnt bother bringing pederson in .
    i would rather go for lynch and mzungu than pederson if u feel like u have to do more downgrades this week or next.
    duigan to malceski = bad trade IMO