Round 10 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, May 22, 2011.

1. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

So which area should I work on (I can afford to leave the Midfield alone this week)?:

Back:
    Deledio, Shaw, Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Lower, L.Thompson (S.McKernan, Toy, Pedersen)

Forward:
    Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Darling, Petrie, Matera (Tapscott, Menzel, Richardson)

One definite is Tapscott to Lynch. The next move is what is stumping me. Petrie will be covering Sandi, depending if Fraser gets into the side. Your view guys?

2. weazel

weazel Member

@Havoc trade for a purpose ie lti(grimes) cash(lynch) or consistency eg my team scored 2479 but average rd score is 2161 so looking to close the gap from low to high but don't get caught up trading for the sake of trading

3. Ratatouille

Ratatouille New Member

L.Thompson to Matt Watson
    L. Tappscot to Franklin

Not sure whether to change thompson for jacobs instead. I don't need the back/mid link (I have hibberd). Any thoughts?

4. Havoc

Havoc New Member

Re: Weazel

Yeah i know, thing is while my avg is 2,171, the only area ive really got left to upgrade is the backs and with current stocks theres not alot to look forward to...

Got Gibbs , Delidio, Goddard, Broughton, Heppell, Lower, L Thompson (Grimes, Bachelor, Stanley)

So adcock is the main target having the highest average of the backs.

Wanted enright at the start of my trading period but on current form ill pass.

dont want fisher, scotland, and newman due to clashes

Shaw and melceski are other options but both over priced atm.

5. weazel

weazel Member

@BennyC88 looking at your side you have a few getting close to there be so are for the chop mckernan ,thompson, menzel, richardson(is he still alive), toy. i'd be looking for a upgrade in defence with heppel out with the bye

6. weazel

weazel Member

@Rattouille tappy> franklin thumbs up as for thompson> watson has found it tough to break into carlton side so even if he's named js sill could be an issue maybe look at jacobs from port

7. weazel

weazel Member

@Havoc your side would be similar to mine so i'm looking at upgrading weaker areas to more consistent players i still have libba darling petrie poops on the ground and while they can score well they can also suck badly too

8. blankmc

blankmc New Member

was thinking swallow to swan but as he is a little down on form plus the corkie apparently and high BE i was thinking swallow to pendles and as i planned to have both eventually i can wait til round 14 for swan.

and matera to pav

9. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Read alot of talk about Higgins and how he's stinking it up. I've got him and toyed with the idea of culling him. Then I remember last year where injuries hit hard from this point on til the end.
    Sandilands is just the first.
    Last year I traded Higgins, Hall, Rioli, Roo and a few others out when their injuries hit. Some ended up shorter than expected.
    I counted 5 injury trades that I had used by rnd 15.

For me Unless they have a tombstone and are 6 feet under, I will keep them as there are reasons why I got them in the first place(Scoring Potential). For this reason I suggest upgrade rookies first and then if trades are left upgrade players like Yarran and Higgins.
    If ya not liking their scoring just bench them.
    If you plan your upgrade downgrade strategy well players like Higgins, Harris, Lower, Yarran, Heppell/Suckling, Should be sitting on the pine by round 14 as super subs. With Premiums on the field.

10. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Ratatouille on May 24, 2011, 18:47
    L.Thompson to Matt Watson
    L. Tappscot to Franklin

Not sure whether to change thompson for jacobs instead. I don't need the back/mid link (I have hibberd). Any thoughts?</blockquote>

Definitely L Thompson to Jacobs. Watson is struggling to crack it for a game. Jacobs has much better JS IMO.

11. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

<blockquote>Quote from BennyC88 on May 24, 2011, 18:11
    So which area should I work on (I can afford to leave the Midfield alone this week)?:

Back:
    Deledio, Shaw, Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Lower, L.Thompson (S.McKernan, Toy, Pedersen)

Forward:
    Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Darling, Petrie, Matera (Tapscott, Menzel, Richardson)

One definite is Tapscott to Lynch. The next move is what is stumping me. Petrie will be covering Sandi, depending if Fraser gets into the side. Your view guys?</blockquote>

I'd look at upgrading your fwd line with either Rioli or Fyfe. Failing that Thompson or McKernan for Adcock.

12. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

anyone thought about pav now with sandi injured..

13. Sainter

Sainter New Member

well, let's hope Griffen does well in the ruck, heard he was getting 40 hitouts a game in the WAFL....well Freo are taking on my Saints, and with our VFL side having the bye Ross Lyon might not bring McEvoy back in the side. That means both sides will be without their prefferred ruckmen, and probably fairly even in the tap outs.........

14. patash

patash New Member

anyone getting rid of higgins? my forward line is franklin,pav,s.johnson,goodes,jroo,nroo and petrie also have the grundy mckernan swap f/b thoughts? would like to downgrade to lynch and upgrade a mid

15. Corks

Corks Member

Wouldn't ditch Higgins on one week, but then again I didn't pick him in the first place - think he's still injury prone. He's a better player than last week, if he plays.

McKernan has peaked for mine, so I'm looking to swap him for Jacobs this week. Prob upgrade down forward to Chappy as the other move, depending on final team selections.

16. Corks

Corks Member

On forward line upgrades, any love for Roughie as a keeper, and maybe even premium for the rest of the year?

17. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey New Member

Hi guys, Is anyone thinking of including Johnno Brown in there sides yet?

18. hippy

hippy New Member

@Corks
    I would go Roughhead if I didn't have Rioli.

19. Corks

Corks Member

hippy...great point. Hadn't considered that I currently have Franklin and Rioli in my forward line. Think that counts out Roughie...come in Chappy.

FunkyMonkey...big price drop or 2 still to come for Browneye, so would wait a few weeks and check his formline.

20. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey New Member

Thanks Corks. I really like johnno brown but need to figure out the prime time to bring him in. Your right about the price drop, should have looked into that a bit more. I consider him one of the best Fwds in the game when he's in form.