Round 10 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, May 22, 2011.

1. snoz

snoz Moderator

JBrown ~ Aside from waiting for his price to fall, dont forget Rd 19....Lions/Swans/Tiges Multi Bye.

Any combo of ROK/Goodes/JRoo/JBrown is in trouble

2. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

With only 4 prem Mids and 5 prem Fwds I'm thinking that I should do a downgrade/upgrade approach for the next two weeks to welcome GAJ and Chappy to the side. I'm tempted to bring in Lynch and Jacobs this week and Mzungu next week but I only have 14 trades left and can't through too many trades away after sadly choosing Didak/Green/Ryder at the start of the year before removing later on.

Should I go for the DG/UG option?

Also Higgins is apparently out for another month, those with him should cut your losses while you can!

3. Ratatouille

Ratatouille New Member

thanks weazel and thommodees.
    will go with jacobs.

4. taminater

taminater New Member

ok id love some input with my team guys

16 trades left, 50k in bank, league wins only, undefeated so far equal first just behind on %.

Backs:
    Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Broughton, Hurn, Lower, Shaw (Duigun, Toy, L thompson)

Mid:
    Pendelbury, selwood, libba, swallow, krak, harris (heppel, gaff, jacobs)

ruc:
    cox, Smith ( Sandi, keefe)

Fwds:
    Fraklin, rioli, goodes, Pav, Nroo, JRoo, Darling (petrie, tappy, prestia)

got 2563 last week, jumped 15k spots.

obviously midfield needs urgent upgrades, thinking hodge and montagna upgrades over next 2 weeks. tappy - lynch no brainer. could i have my D/M and F/M links in better positions? really struggling to think about all the possibilties in my head. all thoughts apreciated.

5. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

@taminator

My advice would be to trade L Thompson for Jacobs to open up your MPP link with Heppell.

Your fwd line is solid, so Tappy to Lynch is fair enough.

Next week I would trade Sandi for J Tippett for your MPP with Petrie and with that cash I'd be looking at bringing in Boyd, Ablett or Swan.

The following week I reckon you could bring in Chappy for Krakwhore and maybe Adcock for Duigan?

6. Corks

Corks Member

If you're going to bring in Ablett, needs to be this week. Two price rises due on the back of his 198. Taminater, your midfield needs a major upgrade. Within the next few weeks you really want premium or better filling all spots...that's 110 average in the mids. Would be looking at Swan, Boyd, Scott Thompson amongst others. IMO Swallow, krak, and in a week or so Harris have topped out.

7. torcida

torcida Member

@taminator - cant keep holding onto them rookies in the mids to long mate -
    hard to decide which one to cut 1st but krak and swallow have prob hit their peak and harris and libba not to far off.
    hodge and monty - go for it

8. torcida

torcida Member

9. Golingo

Golingo New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Sainterz12 on May 24, 2011, 22:21
    Also Higgins is apparently out for another month, those with him should cut your losses while you can!</blockquote>
    Anybody got further information on this? I can't find any mention of him returning to the sidelines with injury.

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

@Simonoz - why would that fwd line be in trouble? it a multi bye round, so no leagues. probably a great line up for someone going for leagues only, in fact.

they will lose ground in the overall race, for sure - but I doubt too many in the running for overall will have more than one per line from any team (or 2 from a multi bye Rd), until their byes are done and dusted.

11. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

<blockquote>Quote from Golingo on May 25, 2011, 09:00
    <blockquote>Quote from Sainterz12 on May 24, 2011, 22:21
    Also Higgins is apparently out for another month, those with him should cut your losses while you can!</blockquote>
    Anybody got further information on this? I can't find any mention of him returning to the sidelines with injury.</blockquote>

I got it from http://twitter.com/#!/droy/status/72915203943182336
    This was retweeted by Walesy on Twitter, don't know if it is legit or not!

12. torcida

torcida Member

man am i glad i got rid of missy as soon as i found out he was gonna miss more than 1.
    save urself trouble downgrade missy to jacobs or lynch and u can make 2 upgrades.no stress and headaches.
    never picking that fragile thing ever again

13. The_General

The_General Member

I've been surprised by the love for Lynch this week. A key position player from GC hmmm...

My fwd line barring Tappy is filled with rookies playing well. Matera, Krakour, Petrie and Darling. Tappy can go next week for Mzungu.

I would have thought that Jacobs would be the must have pickup this week. For me it opens up D/M link and adds a good player who seems to get a fair bit of ball.

I also think a double downgrade is the wrong approach. One up one down keeps your scoring momentum going.

14. whips

whips New Member

Agree General. Not only that he's GC but he's young. Tall kids take time. After a couple of good games the opposition key DEF's will start paying much more attention.
    And for a downgrade, we're looking at JS as much as anything else.

15. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Give it 4-5 weeks Funky Monkey, he should bottom out around then unless something weird happens.

16. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Johnno Brown, that is.

17. Xenomorph

Xenomorph Moderator

Torcida - I went into the season nervous as hell about Missy and as soon as he showed the slightest injury problem he was gone for Boomer.

Boomer plays every game and scores consistently.
    Missy doesn't do either.

Well worth the extra &#36;100K I reckon.

18. marky53

marky53 New Member

I've been burned by higgins in the past and was cursing not getting him in for the first few rounds.....

But then in true Higgins form he goes down and I'm glad I trusted my pre season instincts!

He will never be selected in SC again!

19. torcida

torcida Member

YEP - higgins - new season same old &#36;hit -
    wish i selected boomer he might be gettin old but doesnt look like he is about to slow down any time soon.
    my other half selected him against my advice thats tells ya how much i know...... :S

20. taminater

taminater New Member

thanks for advice guys,

thommo i already have jacobs in mids, only other option is hibberd for thompson to get heppel into backline but i don't like his JS and its a bit too late now to jump on him