Round 11, 12 and 13 byes

Discussion in 'AFL' started by SuperCoachSuperStar, Dec 23, 2011.

1. drafter

drafter New Member

Awesome work! I started something similar but way more basic, Brilliant

2. bigshow

bigshow Member

If only we lived in a culture where men could kiss each other and live without shame. Great work stephen, cheers

3. stephen247

stephen247 Member

Ohhh Bigshow - that gave me a great laugh!!!!!! And if that's you is your avatar - I'll just settle for the laugh!!!

4. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

Haha bigshow nicely said.

5. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

Wow Stephen, that is a cracking sheet. Thanks. This has reaffirmed my plan to pick my premiums 4,4,2,4 without overloading 1 bye round. The upgrades, LTI's, etc will take care of the rest by round 11 should be at least 12 trades down

6. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Far too much man love Stephen.Loved the spreadie but please don't do the spreadie!

7. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Yeah this is really doing my head in and so early on a Sunday. I think what people said on the first could of pages is extremely sage. You're going to be copping donuts and it will be at least 2, otherwise you're going to be forfeiting a competitive side. What I'm trying to figure out now is a way to turn it into 1 donut if you have Sam Rowe in your side but I dont think you can, least not with an 8/10/12 set up.

Another thing no factor is what's worth more; the donut saved or the trade. We have 24 trades still but don't be fooled. Presuming you go with the standard GNR 14 prems/16 rookies team, you have 8 upgrades/8 downgrades to make equally 16 trades. If you trade 6 times over the byes to limit your losses to 2 donuts, and they're 6 sideways trades, you've only got 2 trades left...and if people jumped on the fat cows before round 3, they'll have none left after round 12 and will have chewed their fingers down to the knuckles being at the mercy of injuries and team selection.

So many pitfalls to consider.

8. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

All my trades are going to be downgrades or upgrades during the byes. Downgrading rookies who are coming into the bye and upgrading to premiums who have just had their bye.

9. bigshow

bigshow Member

I have been thinking the same supercoach-superstar. I might need to bring in a couple of premium midfielders from the round 11 bye teams prior to their bye though. With the spreadsheet stephen provided ive noticed round 11 will be fine for me, its round 12 that is giving me the most grief at the moment. So by looking at the likes of priddis,boyd and thompson before their bye and using the rookies from the round 12 and 13 bye teams to bring them in, i may just be able to scrape through with minimal damage. I didnt realise how much work and planning was needed to play for overall this year, in fact ive been staring at a computer screen for two days nearlly and im still unsure if ive got it right or not.

10. SuperCoachSuperStar

Boyd's and Priddis' average will probably decrease a bit given that the clanger handball score has gone back to -6.

11. SuperCoachSuperStar

It's also handy to have no rucks having the bye in the round that you are likely to struggle most.