Round 11: Review.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by r, Jun 9, 2008.

By r on Jun 9, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  1. r

r New Member

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">Oh, it’s
    finally over after 4 days. About time too. Cause this week your score will be
    based on how your backs went, and yeah, mine struggled. But check it out for
    yaself if you look at ya score and you’ve had a shocker (below 2100) your backs
    would have struggled and if you had a ripping weekend (above 2300) check you
    backs and I bet your backmen have been awesome. If ya had an about average,
    check your backs and you would see a couple of good ones, and some bad ones.
    But, yeah, I will go into more detail about that during the week. But, for now
    lets do a quick review of Stars and Flops. And, it will be only quick cause
    FanFooty decided to arse-up on me.
    <o:p></o:p>

<!--more-->

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">[span style="font-size: 1.4em;">STARS
    [span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">5. Chris
    Newman – 137

[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">I got in
    trouble for not including him last week so I will give him the gig this week.
    He is in some fine touch averaging 127 in the last 5 weeks. He must be taking
    midget’s ball who has only averaged 86 in the same period. Happy now, Lucas?<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">4. Scott
    Thompson – 147

Speaking
    of fine form, what about this boy he has an average of 139 points the last 3
    weeks. And, not only is he getting touches but got 6 snags in a Burton-less forward line this week. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">3. Chris
    Judd – 150

Oh, this
    bloke is a SuperCoach legend with 16 of his 32 disposals being contested (a
    game high), and a efficiency of 88%. Special mention to Nick Stevens (109) and
    Kade Simpson (121) making the most of SuperCoach rewarding good players in
    close games. Rumour has it that Nick Stevens got 107 points in the final term
    and my boy Kade got 40+ points for the match winner. Not bad. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;"><o:p></o:p>2. Micheal
    Johnson – 183

Who? Did
    average 75 points per game. Then he decided to get 30 touches, 90% efficiency,
    and just the one clanger. And, the second highest SuperCoach score for the weekend
    (higher than Abletts) But, can some please tell me who he is? <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">1. Lance
    Franklin – 189 and Gary Ablett – 180.

Oh,
    champions. That’s all I got. Can’t split them.<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">[span style="font-size: 1.4em;">FLOPS
    5. Cyril
    Rioli – 47

Junior
    Boy
    , what are you doing? Got 14 touches and 4 tackles. But could only hit the
    target 36% of the time. And, kicked 0.3. Ouch.<o:p></o:p>

[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">4. Nick
    Riewoldt – 63

[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">I told ya
    he was a best buy this week, now I realise why he so bloody cheap casue he is
    soft. Hopeless. He is the most overrated baby to ever play a game of footy. If
    I was St. Kilda I would give him to the Gold Coast for free. Harsh? Well, I
    just traded him in this week.<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">3.
    Chadwick Cornes – 66

Said he
    played his “worst ever game” and I say that is well said. You had Gibbs on you,
    for god sakes that’s like having a like Grasshopper on you. Just flick him off.
    Looks like he is getting a break this weekend for an injury other than his
    finger, could do his scores the world of good cause he hasn’t crack the ton
    since Round 4.<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">2. Andrew
    McLeod – 68

Is now
    only averaging 78, and his bloke is spose to be a SuperCoach legend. Sure he
    has had tags but listen to the names that have been following him: Lower,
    Bartram, Selwood, Monfries and King. They ain’t even well-known taggers
    (besides maybe Selwood) if you were as good as you reckon you should be able to
    shake them off. Actually, stay tuned this week for a new blog called “ferret
    farm” looking back at some of the great tags on those loose men in defence.<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma;">1. Grant
    Birchall – 28

You had
    this Monfries guy on you this week too. Bloody hell, leave the backmen alone.
    Actually try stopping a midfielder.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by r, Jun 9, 2008.