Round 11 - Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, May 30, 2011.

1. brewed67

brewed67 New Member

Fwd line consists of Buddy, Goodes, Pav, Chappy, Harvey, Darling, Krak, (Mckernan, Matera, Richardson)

I am planning an upgrade of most probably Darling. Players being considered are Roughhead, S Johnson, Brennan.

Any thoughts or ideas for someone else to upgrade to. (have Fyfe in Mid)

Cheers Brian.

2. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

Stevie J absolutely ripping at the minute

3. whips

whips New Member

Defender downgrades.
    Have seen a lot of posts trying to find the next DEF rookie option. Many (including me) holding Stanley, Duigan, Otten, Lower etc.
    Great to see that 6 of the 9 new players named this week are DEF's - incl one D/M.
    Surely 1 or 2 will prove their JS.
    If you need to trade in Mzungu plus an upgrade this week, there should be DEF options coming later.

4. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

To Trade Sandi or Not To Trade Sandi: That is the question...

I'm looking at three options this round:
    1) Sandi and Harris out for Bailey and Thompson
    2) Harris and Darling out for Thompson and Fwd rookie
    3) No Trades

Dropping Sandi gets me a heap of cash to upgrade without problems this week and next.

Number 2 gets me Thommo, which is my main target this week.

Number three saves me some trades, as I'm already down to 10, and am worried that its not enough to get me through!

Only really going for leagues (sitting just outside the top 5000 over-all), and my opponent this week in my main league is performing poorly and undermanned this week.

Any thoughts please???

5. Golingo

Golingo New Member

If you're going for league win, I can only advocate holding onto Sandi, especially if you're down to 10 trades.

I would change that if you were going to struggle to make the league finals, and flipping Sandi into points on the field for the next few weeks will reduce that of occurring. But if making the finals is in the bag, hang onto Sandilands, save your trades. He is a scoring machine and will be sorely missed later on.

6. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

@TooSerious_ everyone will have @AlexBrowne24 in their teams by round 13 #absolutejet #canplaytheboy
    14 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

keep an eye on this guy tonight if you want a DEF rookie

7. mjcdons

mjcdons New Member

My team this week is:

DEF: Fisher, Shaw, Gibbs, Lower, Duigan, LThompson, Puopolo (Deledio, Hurley, Jacobs)

MID: S.Thompson, Swan, Sellwood, Goddard, Heppell, Harris (Swallow, Cotchin, I.Smith)

RUCK: Petrie, Z.Smith (Sandi, Fraser)

FORW: Franklin, Pav, Goodes, N Roo, Krakouer, Higgins, T.Lynch (J.Roo, McKernan, Richardson)

$23k and 14 trades left

Considering double downgrade:
    Fraser to Bailey
    Swallow/Harris to Mzungu

Then next week:
    Petrie/Smith to Cox
    DEF/FORW upgrade

Can win both leagues this week I think. So double downgrade is ok.

Is this a sound plan to get in Cox or money spent better elswhere?
    Should I dump McKernan instead of Swallow/Harris?

Any other suggestions appreciated.

8. tolla

tolla New Member

my team this round is

DEF: Goddard, Shaw, Gibbs, Fisher, Broughton, Heppel, Puopolo (Delidio, Tarrant, Retzlaff)

MID: Pendlebury, Selwood, Swan, Murphy, Ablett, M Wright (Hibberd, Jacobs, I Smith)

RUC: Big Cox, Smith (Sandi, Bailey)

FWD: Franklin, Pav, N Roo, Delicious, Petrie, Knights, Darling (J Roo, Mzungu, Richarson)

Ive brought in Fisher this week as i needed to strengthen my backline.

Im thinking with my other trade, if i trade out Smith for J Tippett, switch Petrie to the Rucks and use Mzungu on the field, allowing me next week to do a double upgrade of Wright to a top premium and Knights to a premium fwd.

it looks good to me but is there anything glaringly obvious im missing and am i on the right track?

9. BillyBlaze

BillyBlaze New Member

Not sure what to do this week, Upgrade Libba to Scott Thompson or Ablett to complete the Mid's. What are peoples thoughts?

10. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Which one of Harris, Mzungu, Lynch or Darling would you start on the field? Leaning toward Darling atm against GC but I feel Harris could bounce back.

11. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Libba is out of the side again I believe. I think I saw general soreness?

I have Libba, Conca and Harris who I was going to trade all at some stage. It was going to be Libba this week as he was going to bleed the most, but thinking I can maybe hold off for a week now, and do it next week and possibly do Conca or Harris today.
    I am going to bring probably Thompson, Hodge, Priddis or Ablett.
    I have been changing my mind all week one who to bring in (at the start it was Boyd, but Boyd will be a next week upgrade).

So maybe Conca or Harris go out today for Thompson, Priddis, Hodge or Ablett. Leaning towards Thompson as he has the multi bye and believe he has a good run home?
    Hodge is tempting at that price, but still not sure about the achilles and he may share points amongst many of the Hawks at stages? Plus, I think a lot of people will have him after this week as well.
    Priddis is tempting, though I think I may like Thompson more, not sure yet.
    Ablett, still not sure. Think he may miss a game or two still and may have a few lower scores in some of the GC shockers.

Next week, will most likely be Libba to Boyd. Plus, a Boyd upgrade may not be that great this week with a game against the Cats at skilled. May be a nit cheaper next week.

12. marky53

marky53 New Member

I've got 168k in the bank so I'm thinking of going:

Matera < Mzungu
    Libba < Priddis

13. BillyBlaze

BillyBlaze New Member

@HotPiesColdDrinks Thats a fair point about Thompson as cant decide who to bring into my mids. Ablett should always bring around 100+ points and Thompson has really shown form. GCS have no byes left and Adelaide does finish off strong. Still not sure, my brain hurts!

14. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

just went Krak <Mzungu
    and then Libba <Ablett
    should help my mids

15. Steps

Steps New Member

Is anybody thinking of bringing in Mitchell instead of Hodge. With Hodge there is a slight chance of reinjuring the achillies and Mitchell alond with the Hawks are flying (pardon the punt)

16. traviso

traviso Active Member

Any help with a midfield premium trade?

I've got
    Selwood, Montagna, Mundy, Harvey, Sylvia, S.Buckley, I.Smith, Libratore, Iles.

Thinking of picking up either Pendlebury, Boyd, GAJ or Hodge.

Pendlebury would be the safe and stable bet. Tempted to go Hodge as he is a little cheaper. Or GAJ due to no more byes.

Any other ideas or preferences?

17. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

@steps- I'm in the same boat.. Tossing up between hodge, Mitchell and GAJ for
    My last mid spot this week...
    Of the two harwers I think hodge has the greater upside ( ability 2 bring in higher points per round) but Mitchell has the greater security from injury..and is slightly cheaper and is a great POD in my opion.then I throw ablett in to the picture and its back to square one...hes a freak but is more expensive...
    Anyone shed some light on separating these three because i've been at it for three days and can't decide

18. Golingo

Golingo New Member

@22nd_best_-on_Field

There isn't an easy way to separate those three. Just like the plethora of 'Who to get Thompson, Ablett, Hodge, etc' questions being thrown out there this week.

There is simply a good number of premium midfielders all with a strong argument to be selected. Go with your guts.

19. Steps

Steps New Member

Mitchell it is. Save $70k compared to ablett even though the possiblities of massive scores with Ablett. Hodge scares me this year. The hawks have a pretty good run, especially in the SC finals and mitchell is as Super coach consistant as they get

20. DC

DC Member

steps...

Good call on mitchell